PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    edited 14 October 2014 at 10:50PM
    Options
    Thanks Mrs moneypenny, my Sig looked like a mega swear-fest but your tip worked. Thought I would have to scrap the lot.
    Hope mil's treatment goes well. I always take my knitting to hospital appointments as you never know how long you'll have to wait.

Aldi- will be passing that way tomorrow so too early for wool inspection. To be honest, I wasn't too impressed with the stuff I bought last time so won't be rushing back on Thursday.

Ginnyknit- nearest Ikea is about 3 hour drive away (un)fortunately, so although I would like a few things from there, it's just too expensive to get there.

Away to put my hottie in the bed as it's a bit chilly here tonight. Hopefully will sleep better if nice and cosy. Nighty night.
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    morning all
    going with mil again today but it will only be for radiotherapy so should be quicker but got a baby hat on needles in bag, so i am prepared.
    tomorrow is the busiest day, got hair appt first thing, then hospital with mil radiotherapy and chat with consultant, then work, i should get some time in the house to prep food and have a quick tidy round then ive got a hospital appt myself as ive found a lump. hopefully it will be a cyst like last time but ill be really glad when tomorrows been and gone.
    theyve told us that mil can have 2 weeks of palpitive care therapy but we really dont know what to expect after that, i feel like im being cast adrift with her.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    very cold here lately and dont you just hate these dark mornings.

I was so sorry to hear the sad news about pink

I came out of L/H some time ago as well, I couldn't get into the site.

mrs-m - hope all went well today...fingers crossed for you x O and I love your cushion
    dibuzz - a lot or a little it all helps someone somewhere
    ginny - how are things in your neck of the woods...hope all is tickety boo :)
    jean - another month no wonder he is fed up, hope the cake cheered him up ;)
    kathy - hope that bug slings its hook PDQ !!!;)
    psso - I've done 5 cowls now and have another on the needles...do you think I am addicted :grin:

Sadly Mom will not be going back to her flat, she is not strong enough to manage on her own, she could have carers but would still be on her own all night which is when she has most of her falls. After speaking to her she surprised me and said 'oh yes I would like that I would feel safer then'
    So for the last week or so we have been looking for Residential Care homes, the whole thing is a nightmare and full of pitfalls, some were far too expensive, some had no beds and some were just not suitable...

But we have found one that we are happy with, the manager has been over to the enablement centre where Mom is,
    assessed her and spent a couple of hours chatting with her, she said 'Your Mother will be fine and will fit in well with our other residents she is a lovely lady'
    Still a lot to do but we will get there

Love to you all Annie xx
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    today was a nice quick in and out appt so had time for a cuppa and a natter with mil while i did her cleaning before work, tomorrows my busy day so ill hold onto your good wishes for then.

glad you have found somewhere good for your mum - its always such a worry isnt it.

another duck knitted today so tonight will be a sew up session hopefully

hope all are well.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    Hang on in there Mrs Moneypenny - its important to your mil that you support her through this bit of radio.

Pippa - so please to hear that you have found a wonderful placement for your mom. I know how important that is, so now now you one less thing to keep you awake all night long - those wee small hours take there toll over a couple of weeks!
    Rained all day today so it was a bit of a struggle but hey I still managed 25 snowpeeps so it can't be all bad. Perhaps the sun will shine tomorrow and things will look a lot brighter for us all.
    Love and cuddles to every body
    Jean
    xxx
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Hello lovely cyber sisters....
    pippa I know how much seeing your Mum happy and settled would mean to you . Hope all goes as smoothly as it can at such a difficult time. Xxx

Kathyhope you have kicked that bug into touch xxx

jeankeep up that positivity and amazing resilience. Wish we could all pop in and bring chocolate and cake xxx

m&s Moneypennyi am so sorry your hands seem to be overflowing at the moment. No wonder things are flying off the needles. Have a big hug x x x x

shazhow are those knees?

pssohow is all that exercise and rehabilitation going?

Ginnyhow is darling grandson and Dh?

F1 been thinking of you as we gave pent the last few days with another F1 addict....fairly double Dutch to me.... All this engine talk!!!!!

dibuzzsounds perfect to me!!

nurse Maggie glad all ok!

lots of love to one and all....last night of a serious jolly but soon be back on track !!!!
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    morning all
    hugs supporting vibes and good wishes to you all - everyone of you are wonderful.
    my appt went well yesterday and revealed another harmless cyst 9multiple cysts infact - i dont do things by halves!)
    mils appt not so good news, radiotherapy is going well and so far not causing her any problems, the back pain doesnt appear to be caused by c spreading to there but rather by the 2 fractured vertebra in her mid lower back!!! he suggested she take pain killers and not lift heavy things or do load bearing excercises. once radiotherapy has finished i will be taking her back to see GP!

6 little yellow ducks had their heads sewn on this morning so are ready to be released and finished night another prem hat last night so have sewn 3 of those up as well.

update
    6 littleyellowducks
    3 prem baby hats

th_IMG_0876_zpsb17d5c00.jpg
    th_IMG_0877_zps2e5601f5.jpg

this is one im knitting either for myself of a christmas gift
    th_IMG_0878_zpscdec0f83.jpg
    SPC~12 ot 124

• roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    Mrs Moneypenny - loving that laughing bird scarf! so cheery. Glad to know that the cysts are just a nuisance - how did mil end up with fractured vertebra? I could ask DH if he can shift over and give her a bit of bed space here!
    tons of love, cuddles and positive vibes to each and every one of you.
    x
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Dr said it must have happened just before the pain started and could have been just wear and tear old age or some kind of fall knock or jar. she is adamant she hasnt had a fall or anything and doesnt know what caused it.

pigpen posted the laughing bird scarf pattern on the flylady thread as one she was going to do and i loved the pattern so much i think it was on ravelry. the wool ive used is schoppel zauberball i got it at the carboot for 50p but the label on it says £9.50 so really a bargain.
    SPC~12 ot 124

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello, everyone. Just catching up while I am trying to get over this nasty bug. Thank you all for your good wishes. What a shock about Pink; my thoughts go out to her family at such a sad time.

Jean - I could hardly believe what you have made for your DH! At least he can now read, which must be such a relief as he has to lay on his back for another month. I just hope he's being good for you!

Mrs Moneypenny - your cushions are lovely! Hugs to your MIL and to you; glad that your cyst is nothing more sinister than a nuisance.

Pippa - I am so glad that you've found the right care home for your mum, and I hope she is as happy and care-for there as my mum is in her place.

I haven't been able to get into LH for months and months now, and I gave up ages ago. I haven't even read any of the posts on there, even though I can't post anything myself.

Well, after two days of relentless rain, today is wonderful, so I've been cramming the washing line with stuff. I have not done much woolly stuff because I didn't want this bug rubbing off on the wool, but I hope to get going again now. It's been a horrible bug, the worst bit being the lack of energy. Even yesterday, a good two weeks after I first felt unwell, I did a little bit of shopping for essentials, then took the wheelie bin down to the end of our lane, and it whacked me out so much, I spent much of the afternoon on the sofa. I definitely feel a lot better today so, hopefully, I have kicked it into touch!

Anyway, I can see that there are things to add to the update, so I will do that tomorrow morning.

Chalky - I've lost track of where you are but wherever it is, I hope you've had a good time, and wish you safe journey back!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills