PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• Seakay
    Seakay Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all! It seems that The Big Knit (ie Innocent Smoothie hats to raise money for Age Uk) has started. Post them, along with your name, address and number of hats knitted, to innocent drinks by Friday 12th December. I usually say I'm part of this knitting group as well. Post your hats to:

The Big Knit, Innocent Ltd, 342 Ladbroke Grove, London, W10 5BU

Delamores are involved again http://www.deramores.com/bigknit?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=24-09-14-Big-Knit-UK

Bit different this year, it says the bottles with hats on go on sale from Feb 2015 (usually it's in the run up to Christmas)
  • psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    edited 24 September 2014 at 1:10PM
    Options
    14th November is the date on the Innocent big knit website.
    Confused.

Well can you see my halo shining ?

In the past three hours I have done two loads of washing and hung it out in the sun,cooking a dish of diced steak casserole, one of beef olives and another of beef strips for chilli. Making good use of 'whoopsied' meat I got yesterday and oven space, very mse I thought.
    Washed a pile of dishes left in the sink from last night.

Am now off to make a nice coronation chicken baguette, plug in my audiobook and do a few rows of my knitting.

Tata the noo.
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • dibuzz
    dibuzz Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm having one of those days and just can't get any pics on but for tomorrow's meeting I've done
    1 adult hat
    2 toddler hats
    2 preemie body warmers and
    3 preemie hats

It feels good to be able to get stuck in again, also feeling a lot better and happier on the news ADs.
    14 Projects in 2014 - in memory of Soulie - 2/14
  • Seakay
    Seakay Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Options
    Kit1 wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply Buddy crochet help is a fab idea.

The pattern is a free one

http://www.yarnovations.com/vw-van-pillow-free-crochet-pattern/

I have tried working rows but for some reason always seem to lose stitches and it just gets smaller :rotfl: l don't usually have this problem with knitting.

These answers might help with that issue:
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071126211931AA4xM9J
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning everyone... Lovely sunshine here.

Just a very quick pop in as lots to do today. But just wanted to send the gentlest hug to every single one of you x
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Options
    A forumite asked for my instructions on how to make a quilt so here's my pictorial guide (I apologise to actual quilters as it's probably not the correct way but it's how I made :)
    imagejpg1_zps68efccfc.jpg
    :

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y388/AmberLM1988/Crafty%20things/imagejpg1_zps159d368d.jpg
    http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y388/AmberLM1988/Crafty%20things/imagejpg2_zpsc95acb75.jpg
    http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y388/AmberLM1988/Crafty%20things/imagejpg3_zps8f5f4e55.jpg

I use a template cut out from an old cardboard box to make my squares and buy second hand sheets, pillowcases, curtains etc. from charity shops to make my squares.

I cut shapes out of felt squares (hobbycraft do them individually or in packs as do cheap book shops like The Works) and hand stitch them on in contrasting coloured thread.

For the backing fabric I use cheap ikea fleeces and you can pick up the wadding quite cheaply from places like Dunelm mill.

For specific patterned fabrics (like the dark blue animal one here) I buy fat quarters from ebay for around £3. One fat quarter should make around 4 15cmx15cm squares.
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    edited 26 September 2014 at 2:55PM
    Options
    lovely quilt kboss

taa dah, here is the 'pollen hat'
    th_IMG_0862_zps7a1f7d7b.jpg
    (for anyone who didnt see the original explanation) its for the school harvest festival ive not seen the other hats but one is covered in flowers, one has a bee on it, then theres mine and another with a hive on.
    the junior children are going to wear them and the 'bee' will buzz around the flower then head for the pollen and take a ball of pollen off (one is slightly lighter in colour and fixed on with velcro) then he will take the pollen ball to the wearer of the hive hat who will produce a jar of honey!!
    i was just asked to make the remaining hat and was given that brief

hope all are well
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Options
    lovely quilt kboss

taa dah, here is the 'pollen hat'
    th_IMG_0862_zps7a1f7d7b.jpg

hope all are well

:money: as a biologist (and a hayfever sufferer!), I love this hat!
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • dibuzz
    dibuzz Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Great hat.
    14 Projects in 2014 - in memory of Soulie - 2/14
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Loving the hat!
    Clearing the junk to travel light