PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    After being a knitter for 40 years I have just learned how to cast on using the thumb method! I was watching one of Kirstys shows and she had a knitting lesson and that was it - you can teach an old dog :rotfl:

Im tired now as I have been sooo busy all day, night all xx
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • Kit1
    Kit1 Posts: 422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    KIT 1- hi and welcome, which crochet pattern are you looking at using - we will then have a better idea if it will be possible, I have been doing BUDDY crochet help on skype with F1 widow and she has come on in leaps and bounds...... would that help you? If you can already do granny squares you are in with a chance - depending on the pattern.........
    Jean x

Thank you for your reply Buddy crochet help is a fab idea.

The pattern is a free one

http://www.yarnovations.com/vw-van-pillow-free-crochet-pattern/

I have tried working rows but for some reason always seem to lose stitches and it just gets smaller :rotfl: l don't usually have this problem with knitting.
    Stash Busting Challenge 2016 6/52
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone from a wet and cool south of France. It's been a horrid day today, so I hope it's better for the rest of you.

Jean - how is DH? Hope he's doing well.

Chalky - hope DD1's recovering is going well.

Hi Kit1 and a warm welcome to you. I love that pattern so I really hope you can conquer it. Our Roamin in the Gloaming is like a dog with a bone when she gets her teeth into something, and she always finds a way to get things done.

Well, the signal here is not too good; I don't know if it's the weather or the fact that there are four PCs and a Playstation on the go at the same time. It's really slow which I'm finding very frustrating, so I shall be glad to get back to my own Livebox!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    KIT 1- will have a proper look at it in the morning - but it looks - do-able in either crochet or if you prefer knitting... I have a graphics programme on the big computer that can work out the stitching for knitting -then a bit of swiss darning to finish it off. I will get back to you soon on it. Or do you machine sew?

NEWSFLASH- strike at the hospital today - but THEY LET ME HAVE MY DH HOME.....took me all morning to arrange the ambulance, nurse, doctor, pharmacy etc etc but he is so happy to be back..... there was a time last week it looked like he wouldn't be coming out. No sitting, no standing just horizontal bed rest. Nurse will be in tomorrow morning with further instructions and his bed bath. We have enough meds to open our own chemist shop....
    Oh the condemned man ate a hearty tea tonight..... cheese omlette and half a slice of bread the most he has had in over a week, I have to feed him but that is a small price to pay just to see his smile....... he is currently having a pre-bedtime sleep after such an eventful day - don't blame him I shall rouse him for some pills about 11 ish then I am into the bed with the book myself.
    love and cuddles to you all
    Jean x
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Oh jeani am so glad you gave your Doh home but I think it is going to be a very tiring time for you both. I only hope that being at home will help his recovery enormously. It would do mine as I HATE hospitals.

Kathyyour beautiful Mandalas arrived today. Thank you so much. I have been very cheered by the Charity Shops response to " home made" items. And believe me I have been alurking and checking to see my items have been on display with a half decent price tag attatched .hope the weather improves!

Ginny I always cast on with thumb! I hope you are ok xxx

Thank you for continued good wishes for DDD1. Can put her foot to ground but still on crutches.

I am hoping her next physio appointment goes well as we leave for Italy on Saturday to celebrate DH's 60th birthday .

Lots of MIAS at the moment. Hope all OK . If not lots of the gentlest love coming to you xx
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    roamin_in_the_gloamin Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 September 2014 at 8:53PM
    Options
    KIT 1- http://www.letsknit.co.uk/free-knitting-patterns/campervan_doorstop
    I posted that link a while back - it doesn't have to be stripes and it doesn't have to be a doorstop.... can be stuffed. You may need to join the letsknit site to get the download can't remember now. Also a dear friend on mine on another forum has just sent me her pattern for a knitted one almost identical to the crochet one. I shall attempt to send it to you as a pm via this forum if I fail I will get back to you. Decided I would just link it back to my google drive........ sent you pm but perhaps someone can check the link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxOgVamMPLdkZVVGQ012QWJzdktIUXRmVFhBQjAzRDlfQ0xF/edit?usp=sharing

Jean
    he is SNORING ALREADY - I dare not wake him for meds - he will murder me, so I shall sit here a bit longer and see if he wakens up........ obs were every hour in the hospital and he hated that, as well as the food, the heat, the sunshine, the WHOLE BLOOMING experience.........he he.
    Charity Knitting 2015-
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Love the knitted camper van patterns, you have just solved the problem of a gift for Ds he loves camper vans.

Glad Hubby is home Jean, I hate it s much as hubby when he is in and life comes to a standstill for all of you doesnt it? Im amazed ha is home so fast, hope you both sleep well. xx

Chalky Im glad your Dd is doing ok but at least she can help you with your project - I will get to the post office on Thursday hopefully.

Had a bit of a migraine when I got up this morning - stress related I guess - but by lunchtime it had faded so went to the market, Cs's and Tesco. I was a bit wobbly but got everything done. I accidentaly bought some scarf yarn from Kemps, but it was too much of a bargain not to. Its that bobbly edged stuff that you sort of knit the loops at the top but its a bit of a bu**er as it slips off the needles. Done half a scarf so far only 4 more to do. :eek:

Hubbs is taking me out for lunch tomorrow and a quick trip to Hobbycraft, he needs model paints and it would be rude not to go with him :rotfl:
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    GINNYKNIT - off course if you are in hubbycraft for hobbies you just might find something jumping into the basket just for you.Lunch out as well, I take it that the links I added are both working if you're going to be doing a pampervan cushion........ scrumptious. I had to stop on the way back from the hop-it-all last night and run into the supermarket for chocolate I was yawning that much after just a couple of minutes in the car I knew if I left it I could quite easily have been an accident... I won't miss that hour to get there and another to get back............well, not until he becomes a bit of a pain ! ha ha
    He and the dog are both snoring now................ oh joy!
    xxx
    Charity Knitting 2015-
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    glad to hear your DH is safely back home with you roamin, i hope being a full time nurse isnt too tiring or frustrating for you and he mends quickly.

ginny enjoy your hobbycraft shop.

started knitting a baby blanket for a frineds DD last weekned, it only seems 5 mins they told us she was expecting, i asked last night when shes due and was told "about 3 days ago!" think i need to be knitting faster. where does time go??

hugs to all
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all.

Hope everyone 'chez roamin' slept well.

Ginnyknit enjoy your trip out today and try to rescue some wool from that hobby shop.

Kathy, hope you are enjoying your break despite the weather. It's nice just to get away from the same old routine for a wee while.
    Unforseen expenses have put the kibosh on my plans for a holiday next month.

Pippa, which pattern do you use for cowls. I've tried a few but not overly impressed with any of them really.

Mrs mp, your needles will be red hot getting the blanket done in time.

Off for a cuppa and a few pages of reading.
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills