PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Jean enjoy the peace ready for when the patient comes home.

All quiet here and Im busy getting things finished ready for the C word stuff. Going to play with zips and finish a rather pretty doll I have knitted. i know I have the perfect yarn for her hair so will have to go yarn diving to find it :D
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    edited 20 September 2014 at 3:25PM
    Options
    Hello, love to one and all. I have read back and send my love to all. It certainly seems as if plates are overflowing and spinning in every direction.

jeanplease take a virtual hug for you and your DH. What a shame for you both. Take it as easy as you can. Xxxx

Kathyhow I wish I could wave that magic wand and you be back in the UK. I know how much you wish that too.

pippa,pssoi hope you are both feeling better.

Ginnythank you do much for the offer of some zips. I will use them for good.

mrs mi bet that hat is amazing.

hope all the MIA'S are a Ok

I have had a very busy week working on the September Challenge. Latest pics on my blog!
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • chalky_75
    Options
    Just a quick pop in ... If you fancy something sweet try a batch of these.
    It's The weekend! What more reason do you need to bake cookies?

These Flourless Chocolate Cookies are chewy, chocolaty and delicious!!

http://www.glorioustreats.com/2014/01/flourless-chocolate-cookies.html
  • chalky_75
    Options
    Just had these for a pud.... Totally delicous
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    they do sound scrummy.

hats finished apart from the one that needs velcro, i need to find that in the morning
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • chalky_75
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Sorry to lead you all up the calorie alley!
    A beautiful day here so after lunch going to go for a walk along the seafront at Teignmouth.
    Hope everyone is oK especially the poorlies and those with their hands overflowing just now x
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 21 September 2014 at 2:08PM
    Options
    Just popping in
    had a lovely time with the rellies in Weymouth, and the weather was glorious :cool:
    I hope everyone is well and enjoying the sunshine we have here today,

Mom was moved to the Enablement Centre we went to look at and she loves it, think it's because she has her own room and bathroom ...
    But while we were away she tried to get to the bathroom on her own and had a fall, they rang me at 4:15 am and told me she was back in the QE Hospital..after Xrays they said she had not broken anything but had very bad sprains to her hip and thigh, she was kept in overnight and discharged the following day, we sat with her for ages waiting for meds and then the ambulance to take her back to the centre, but she was soon all tucked up back in bed nice and cosy.
    She is sooo independant and doesn't like to 'bother' people, and thinks she can still get about but she just can't not on her own but she won't accept it yet

I managed to get another cowl finished on the drive to and from Dorset, but nothing else woolly wise in the short time we were there, I will make up for it now we are back

Will read back later, but for now I must away,
    love to you all Annie xx
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone, from a hot and sunny south of France. The weather finally improved yesterday so that we could get out and about.

Jean - poor DH. I do feel for him even if he is being an impatient patient. I hope life is not too challenging for either of you.

Chalky - will check out that recipe when I get back to my own kitchen! Thanks for wishing for a magic wand; as my mum would say, it'll happen when it happens. I think I told you that I've joined a 'Going Back' group on FB for people who want to leave France and go back home. I am now an Admin on the group, which I am still getting to grips with, but the group is very supportive and somehow is helping me to feel more positive. I know I am not the only Brit who wants to go home, and there's even one who lives a short drive away, so we are arranging to meet up when I get back. Hope your DD is recovering well.

Pippa - so sorry to hear about your mum. I'm sending a bit hug.

Well, once the weather improved we were able to get out and explore and we visited Pezenas which I loved; it's a lovely buzzing town and the sort of place where you could fit right in. It really shows how different the various parts of France are; the women here are much more chic than they are in my semi-rural farming part of the country and it is lovely to see people wearing bright colours after all the beige in my town! We went to Cap d'Agde yesterday and had a lovely boat trip around the harbour looking at all the posh boats. When we got back to the house, for the first time since we got here, it was warm enough to get in the swimming pool - it was lovely once you'd got fully submerged but, boy, did the coolness take my breath away! I was enjoying it until DH and BIL got in and started behaving like manic dolphins, so I got out and basked in the sun, which was lovely.

I have done absolutely no woolly stuff since we arrived; BIL's girlfriend is still suffering from when her arm got broken last December by someone knocking her down in a car park here; she's undergoing daily physio and I am helping with the cooking and so on - a bit of a busman's holiday, but I don't mind; they live in a lovely villa with a fantastic outside area and a pool. It's walking distance from the nearest village, too, which is a bit of a luxury for me! The internet connection has been a bit intermittent due to the bad weather last week, so I haven't been able to do much online.

My DS1 is in Ethiopia this week running a course for work (he's in civil and irrigation engineering). He's doing a three day course and a two day field trip. I know that he arrived safely, and DIL1 is brilliant at keeping me up to date, but I can't help but worry, and will be glad when he's back at home. I think we never stop worrying, do we, but these days the world feels so unsafe that it makes me more anxious. He's been all over the world with his job, but this is the first trip away for a while. Still, it's all experience, and it's his first trip to Ethiopia. He is with a group, which makes me feel reassured, and is staying on a university campus in Addis Ababa (sp?). Anyway, he leaves there on Saturday and should be back at home early on Sunday morning. Then I shall relax!

DH and BIL have been getting on with the work that DH came here to do. It's in a lovely little holiday home in the village, and I think they are enjoying it. They are almost finished but one of the neighbours there wants them to quote on some plastering so what was going to be about a week and a half away, will probably be two weeks. We drove down here the quickest way but will be going back via the Millau Bridge, which I can't wait to drive across.

Anyway, will try and get up to date with the update today or tomorrow.

I hope you are all having good days.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • Kit1
    Kit1 Posts: 422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi

Hope this is the right place to ask. I would love to be able to crochet but always seem to lose stitches if l try anything other than a granny square so would find it difficult to follow a pattern so l was wondering if it is possible to knit following a crochet pattern and if so would it look just like a knitted version (hope this makes sense).

l have found a lovely crochet pattern and would like to have a go at knitting it but have never done this before. l can knit and follow simple patterns.

Many thanks
    Stash Busting Challenge 2016 6/52
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    roamin_in_the_gloamin Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 September 2014 at 10:18PM
    Options
    KIT 1- hi and welcome, which crochet pattern are you looking at using - we will then have a better idea if it will be possible, I have been doing BUDDY crochet help on skype with F1 widow and she has come on in leaps and bounds...... would that help you? If you can already do granny squares you are in with a chance - depending on the pattern.........
    Jean x
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business