PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• roamin_in_the_gloamin
    roamin_in_the_gloamin Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 September 2014 at 3:59PM
    Options
    Anne - sending it to you on a me mail...........right now seems they are good for dementia patients as well as baby/children oops DOGS and Cats too

x
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Jean, you are right about everything French. And I am so relieved that DH could fix the roof; it's already been a very expensive week or so! One of our neighbours (well, not far from us) recently chopped down some really intimidating Leylandii, and the difference it has made to the garden, let alone the light levels inside of the house, is amazing. I love that ball - is there no end to your talents?

Mrs Moneypenny - that's a big ask - a pollen hat! I would think yellow pompoms would be the way to go.

Dibuzz - like Jean, I can also promise that Skype is so easy. I only had a problem because a security thing on my PC thought it was a threat but that was sorted out, and I am back to being able to see my family as well as listen to them on the computer. It's magic for someone like me who is miles away from children and grandchildren!

Elaine - you've been given another month because you need it, so make sure you take it easy.

It's a lovely day here today, and I have even been sat outside in the sun, which is not like me because I can't just sit there!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    roamin_in_the_gloamin Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 September 2014 at 3:35PM
    Options
    15012449569_cc1d5668ec.jpgDSC02112 by Jeangenie21, on Flickr

alongside the monster trees.... there is a single axle and a double axe trailer - they were some height!!! Can hardly wait to see the end results -
    Charity Knitting 2015-
  • ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh the dreaded leylandii :eek: I was given a tiny conifer many years ago before we knew about them I think. I dutifully planted it in front of the living room window, roll on many years to a bad storm and imagine me sat inside watching it sway back and forth almost at right angles. It was as tall as the house so Oh chopped the top off meaning to deal with the rest - :rotfl:Came home from work one day and Dd had got all the kids in the street to help her and she had cut all the leaves off and as many branches as she could. After that we directed people to our house by 'look for the cactus in the front' instead of the huge tree. Luckily it never sprouted again, I dont think it dared, and was removed when they did the driveway last year.

Had a day of chutney and jam making, knitting a father Christmas pyjama case now I have cards to make.
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    morning all
    hope everyone is well
    the ball looks brill
    thank you all for the suggestions think i will go with pom poms, and velcro, will see what yellows/creams i have in my stash. im not getting paid so it will be made from whatever is available in my cupboards

roamin those are monsters - it makes our task seem so much easier now so thank you for posting the photo
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    wait till you see the AFTER photo........... it's coming tomorrow I hope.
    I aim to spend today in the sweatshop so will pop in a bit later - Ye all have a wonderful Thursday
    15019107999_b9490d02ff_z.jpgDSC02210 by Jeangenie21, on Flickr

I will get quicker at slinging them together - the more I do I HOPE.
    Charity Knitting 2015-
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    if it wasnt for the fact the hat will only be used once id be tempted to try those as pollen balls, but i doubt it will be used more than once so ill stick with normal poms i think
    they do look lovely
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jean, what huge trees; I bet it has made a massive difference now that they are gone. Lovely balls, by the way, if you know what I mean!

Mrs Moneypenny - would love to see a photo of the finished pollen hat!

We are still having car problems, and think it may be the ignition switch, having asked lots of people and done some research online. Apparently, it's common with the model of car we have. I am going to order one - they are not too expensive and we have a YouTube demonstration of how to fit it, or we will get the mechanic to do it. DH yesterday mentioned hiring a car to get down to the south of France (where he has a week or so's work booked); I wasn't too keen on the idea but we will be staying with his brother, who has a friend there who has a car for sale that is a bit of a bargain, so we might well drive a hire car down, and bring a new (to us) one back with us.

I keep meaning to ask on here for the best way of posting photos. I used to use Imageshack but I think they've changed the way they operate, so I am picking the expert brains on here, please!

Chalky - I was going to post the mandalas off to you yesterday, but I don't have a car at the moment. I will get them in the post as soon as I can, but I don't know when that will be! I am so sorry about that.

Anyway, I'm doing a few hats at the moment, because they are quick to do and don't demand a lot of thinking, but I am also making a C*******s wreath for my Mum, so I've been trawling Pinterest for inspiration. It will only be a small wreath - I found a pair of bamboo handbag rings that I won't ever use for a handbag, and they are the perfect size, so I can make two. I could have ordered a foam ring but I don't have that much patience. I had to cover the ring to pad it a bit, and I struck on the idea of using an elasticated bandage from the first aid box, and it worked perfectly. Anyway, I shall be working on that on and off until C******s. I struggle to think of things for Mum because she only has the one room now, and I don't want to add any clutter so I try and think of things that she can hang on the wall to look at. She has loved the other things I've made, summer and C*******s buntings, and hearts, and I enjoy making things that are personal.

Anyway, enough from me.

Hope you all have a great day!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    15201279556_e93c1e772e.jpgDSC02231 by Jeangenie21, on Flickr

that oak on the right hand side is destined to come down some time over this winter - its on DH's list of jobs to do!

Frivolous Friday (f/b) was to make something or anything to dangle of a handbag or as a keyring... well I went daft, did a bit of sewing, bit of crochet, bit of lick and stick and here are a couple of the results........
    15201339146_1c04219473.jpgDSC02225 by Jeangenie21, on Flickr

the penguin is stuffed - if you pull the leaves on the owl's head your keys pop right inside his bottom.

15037778138_b0be313084.jpgDSC02237 by Jeangenie21, on Flickr

came across that idea for bookmarks a while back and only just found my punches........ DH managed to find me the big paperclips

Finally, I have made a start on a few things for December... just got to finish off the backs and glue them onto a piece of plywood with a dangly slipring -

15037727097_5f7b068cf0.jpgDSC02243 by Jeangenie21, on Flickr

I played all day yesterday - so I am going to hit the knitting machine this afternoon and get a few bits done
    x
    Charity Knitting 2015-
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I can't concentrate this morning my head seems to be all over the place, I have had a headache for days now and it just won't go, ah well suppose it will in it's own time when I can finally relax.
    Before Mom broke her hip we had booked a few days break in Weymouth, I was all for cancelling it but have been persuaded to go, so we are off tomorrow until Friday, hospital has my mobile number and they have promised to ring me if any problems pop up, they also have my nieces number.
    My niece,nephew,sister and DS2 will do one day visiting each and Mom is quite happy with that, everyone is telling me to go and all is covered...but... well we will see

jean -I love your latest makes, the VW camper vans are brilliant especially the splitty in the middle I love those, very popular we used to see lots tootling along the M5 on our way to the caravan
    chalky - hope DD1 is healing nicely now it is a long job, have they tried a rocker boot yet? I had one of those and it helped enormously because it took some of the strain off
    ginny - would love to see a pic of the PJ case when its done

got to go as we are off to Moms flat now, and the hospital this afternoon
    sending love to you all I will pop back later
    Love Annie xx

love the balls jean x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts