PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Pippa sounds like you need the break, and everything is covered,Mum is in safe hands hunny.

I had a wonderful day yesterday at Ds's marriage blessing. The day was perfect, the bride looked beautiful, food marvellous, decorations amazing and my Big brother came, am so happy. We left early as Dgs had sensory overload and hubs and I are no longer party people. Ds said all along it was to be relaxed, come and go as everyone wants so no one was offended. My beautiful daughter was so good and looked after my Mum who was as happy as Larry with it all. It just shows you that it is possible to have a really good celebration without spending thousands. Dil's outfit was £100 from head to foot and the party apart from the Dj was £500 :T

Hugs to all xxxx just having wedding cake for breakfast as a treat because I have lost 2 stones in the last 2 months and want to carry on a bit.
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just taking a break from the packing; we are off down south tomorrow, so that DH can do the work he is booked to do, and I can laze around by the pool! Looking forward to it but it's been so hectic here lately, especially with the car trouble we've been having, so we have hired a car to go away in, just to make sure we get there and back, then we can get a diagnostic done on our car when we get back and, hopefully, it won't be too mega-expensive to fix.

Pippa - I hope you have a restful break.

Chalky - have not posted the mandalas yet (due to car problems) but will do it when I am away! Hope DD1 is improving rapidly.

I need to sort out some woolly stuff to take for the journey, which is about seven hours, so I've been told. I don't know whether we will share the driving; I'm down as a driver but it's a left-hand-drive and I've never driven one before! DH says there's nothing to it, so we shall see!

Will call in later and get the update done so that everything is up to date for you, Jean. Thanks!

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi peeps :wave:

Phew what a day, hectic to say the least
    What a trauma at the hospital today, mom was convinced she had a handbag in there with her but all she has is a sponge bag with her shower/wash stuff in, she had them all looking for it as well, we had to explain she only had the sponge bag but she still kept saying her other bag had gone...

I have been catching up on all the phone calls passing on messages etc...I rang my Aunts to let them know how Mom is... well I rang one of them the youngest, she is coming up to 90 and she will pass on info to my other aunt who is 96 and deaf as a post but they are both lovely, and naturally are concerned over Mom

ginny - I am so pleased for you all it sounds like a perfect day and so relaxed just as they wanted it to be, what could be better than that, and not costing the earth either
    kathy - have a lovely time...relax and enjoy :cool:

Must go sort some woolly stuff out now, then off for a shower so TTFN luv to all Annie xx
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    morning all
    hope everyone had a good weekend. ours was busy, DS2 had his doe weekend camp which involved lots of rushing about for us then sitting waiting when his group was the last to arrive at the meeting place and came back over an hour after everyone else. one of the group got bad blisters and they decided that they would all walk at her speed as teamwork no one gets left behind. though of all the times he'd watched lilo and stitch with me when he was little when he came out with that. lilos fave saying was family means no-one gets left behind. anyway took my knitting with me so got some pollen balls made.
    ive gone with the ducks head pattern off the little yellow ducks, that way if the hat isnt going to be used again ill ask for it back and can strip the pollen off to add bodies to. made 14 over the weekend and have stuffed 12 already. think i need another 5 then i can start making a hat to sew them to.

chalky i still need to get you a shirt posted off, will sort one out before my next trip into town.

ginny the blessing sounds like it went perfectly, im so glad you all enjoyed it.

jean for some reason i cant see your photos even when i click on them, ill have another try later. they must be there as others can see them.

hope everyone with loved ones health to worry about is getting some rest and lots of support, and there are soon improvements or good news. still waiting for mil to let me know when she gets a letter/call from the hospital re next appt.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    roamin_in_the_gloamin Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 September 2014 at 9:51PM
    Options
    May be busy over the next week or so..... DH taken to hospital this morning - fractured vertebra, couple of ribs cracked and swollen and painful elbow. He is being measured for some sort of '' cocoon'' to keep him from moving.. next update from surgeon will be Friday so I have until then to relax and enjoy myself in between visits (like that will ever happen). Oh and himself says it's my fault...... will ponder that one and let you know how he came to that conclusion. He is the worst patient in the world with a cold so this is going to be some trial - wish me luck. tons of love to you all tho' I know you need it.
    x
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • anakat
    anakat Posts: 250 Forumite
    Options
    May be busy over the next week or so..... DH taken to hospital this morning - fractured vertebra, couple of ribs cracked and swollen and painful elbow. He is being measured for some sort of '' cocoon'' to keep him from moving.. next update from surgeon will be Friday so I have until then to relax and enjoy myself in between visits (like that will ever happen). Oh and himself says it's my fault...... will ponder that one and let you know how he came to that conclusion. He is the worst patient in the world with a cold so this is going to be some trial - wish me luck. tons of love to you all tho' I know you need it.
    x
    hug-5.gif
  • dibuzz
    dibuzz Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    x
    How has he managed that?
    Good luck dealing with it.
    14 Projects in 2014 - in memory of Soulie - 2/14
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    up a ladder with a chainsaw and trimming a tree - we had three tree surgeons here all last week - but he did insist it didn't need doing dbuzz............. he certainly has a guardian angel, for which I am eternally grateful.........
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • dibuzz
    dibuzz Posts: 2,021 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    He's definitely been lucky.
    I hope he recovers quickly.
    14 Projects in 2014 - in memory of Soulie - 2/14
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    hugs to you both roamin, i hope he recovers quickly and its not as bad as it sounds.

morning all
    hope everyone is well

19 pollen balls knitted im doing stuffing now and then need to knit a hat and some petals. should be finished in time - if not easter bonnet anyone??? LOL
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure