flavoured vodka and other alcoholic drinks

Comments

• DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,407
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    not sure if this has been asked before but hope someone can help..
    I made some sloe gin last year but forgot about it...:o still got the sloes in it, will it be okay to drink still? do i just strain it then guzzle it???

It will be fine just to strain it off now. Whether you guzzle it now or leave it longer to mature is up to you. We usually leave ours a couple of years though.
  • Came across a site with recipes for schnapps and liqueurs. Anyone know the best price for vodka at the moment?

:A
    I want to move to theory. Everything works in theory.
  • vij
    vij Posts: 254 Forumite
    aldi own make or tesco value
  • voodoozoe
    voodoozoe Posts: 531
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I have 2 x bottles of raspberry vodka "brewing" and its about time to strain and put sugar in. I wondered if there was anything I could do with the bits of fruit. I don't want to just eat them as raspberries have all those seeds in them:eek: but I thought if I strained the vodka then pushed the fruit through the sieve into another container I might have some pulp I could do something with.

Any suggestions???
    Laughing at my ancient signature...voodoobaby now 10 years old:eek:

• whatatwit
    whatatwit Posts: 5,424 Forumite
    You could make the pulp into a jelly..not for the kids though :eek:
    Or, into a sauce for ice cream...yum
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no: 203.
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Forumite
    You can put the raspberries into an ice cube tray, a couple in each section then pour over melted chocolate and put in the fridge to set. I wouldnt worry about the seeds but thats what I'm planning to do with my sloes when they come out of the gin.
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • skintlass
    skintlass Posts: 1,326
    Forumite
    Novice questions - do you just put raspberries in a bottle and pour over vodka to make raspberry vodka - and do you need to use good vodka, and how long do you brew it for :confused:. I'd really like to make thisand use as pressies at Chrimbo - would have to make a tester bottle for Quality COntrol of course <ahem> :p
    Never let your sucesses go to your head and never let your failures go to your heart.:beer:
  • voodoozoe
    voodoozoe Posts: 531
    Forumite
    I'm no expert and there are a few threads on here about it but I've got a couple of links for you to check out...HERE...and HERE.

I am using the cheapest stuff I can find as its getting a load of sugar and stuff put into it so I can't see the point in using good quality. I only ever use the cheapest whisky for my Baileys too and thats always good.

I think this weekend I'll be making myself some boozy raspberry sauce!!!!!:eek:
    Laughing at my ancient signature...voodoobaby now 10 years old:eek:

• twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    found this on the good housekeeping site

http://www.goodhousekeeping.co.uk/index.php/v1/the_gift_of_food
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    yum ;) I like the sound of that and really easy too :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family