flavoured vodka and other alcoholic drinks

Comments

• Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Kind of hoped someone might have posted some tips to help. :( All help is greatly appreciated.
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • Uniscots97
    Uniscots97 Posts: 6,685
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you Shell. Definetly having a bad day, didn't find it when i searched earlier.:(
    CC2 = £8687.86 ([STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE] )CC1 = £0 ([STRIKE]£9983[/STRIKE] ); Reusing shopping bags savings =£5.80 vs spent £1.05.Wine is like opera. You can enjoy it even if you don't understand it and too much can give you a headache the next day J
  • maow425
    maow425 Posts: 335
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've made these kinds of things before, and never had to worry (or just never bothered, as it was only going to get me drunk - aaahhh days gone by, eh) about using any particular vodka. Vodka in itself seems to be pretty much-of-a-muchness really, they all taste the same to me as I never drink it straight. I'd just go for the cheapest one you can find.
  • LizEstelle
    LizEstelle Posts: 1,559 Forumite
    You can buy these fairly readily 'off the shelf' at the Polish shops which are springing up all over. The Poles themselves tend to drink it straight but there is a sort of niche market. Zubrowka is the best known make.
  • janeawej
    janeawej Posts: 808
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i made blackberry vodka this year, it has earned me quite a reputation with friends!!! fab stuff!! just put blackberries (fresh) then later topped up with some i had frozen as mysteriously the first lot went missing!!!lol some sugar and then added vodka into a large jar, covered and sook every time i remember! it goes a lovely colour and realy does taste fab, we are on our second bottle! i just keep adding more blackberries and vodka every time we drink a bit!!!!
    Member 1145 Sealed Pot Challenge No4 ;)
    NSD challenge not to spend anything till 2011!:rotfl:
  • maow425
    maow425 Posts: 335
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I am very lucky to have a "make your own beer and wine shop" fairly local (website:http://www.hopshopuk.com/), so I'd get my bottles from there - the ones with the proper rubber-bung-thing-attatched-to-a-wire-flip-top kind of lid. They also come on fancy bottles of Grolsch beer.

If you're going to use the same bottle as the vodka came in, you should just need to put the empty bottle (while the vodka is in another container - jug or similar) in a bowl of hot water with some washing up liquid in it. Leave it for a while, and the label usually just ends up floating off. If you're left with any sticky stuff, that should come off easily with isopropanol, or videohead-cleaner.
  • xzibit
    xzibit Posts: 655
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If I want to make skittles vodka, do I just put skittles into a bottle of vodka and leave them to disolve? Or do I need to do something to them first?
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    xzibit wrote:
    If I want to make skittles vodka, do I just put skittles into a bottle of vodka and leave them to disolve? Or do I need to do something to them first?

Hi xzibit,

This is one of the original skittles vodka posts which might help you.

Pink

Edit: just found another one.......it says to take the green skittles out.
  • Omertron
    Omertron Posts: 574 Forumite
    If you have one of the brita water filters, when it is at the end of life, use it to filter your cheap vodka and it makes it a lot smoother tasting. This then seems to make it take on the flavours that you add.

So far we've made:
    Toffee Vodka (3 packets of crushed worther's originals)
    Skittles Vodka (large packet of skittles minus the green ones)
    Cherry Vodka (on cheap in Sainsbury's at the time)
    Raspberry Vodka (again, cheap in Sainsburys)

Now all we need to do is find some cheap nice bottles!
    - = I also recognise the Robins and beep for them = -
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport