Home Heating Oil

Options

Comments

• arkonite_babe
    Options
    Our local agent for Kingsberry fuels is at least £15 cheaper than any I can find on cheaperoil, guess where I'll be buying???
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    1350 litres £454 and 1800 litres £606 with Patterson Oils today. I had to order oil, 1800 litres, now I need £606!!
  • blondie21
    blondie21 Posts: 582 Forumite
    Options
    I ordered oil on saturday on the net with Kanes after checking on here .it was £295 for 900L and £328 for 1000L........Wild isn't it ?
  • NAR
    NAR Posts: 4,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I paid £170 to Bangor Fuels today for 500 litres. Somehow doubt the price will drop before winter sets in.
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It looks like it is going to get worse as well. The price today is probably based upon a $65 barrel of crude. It has just risen to $70 and some pundits are claiming that it can only go up from here since the worlds oil refineries are running flat out. The suggestion is that we could see the $100 barrel in the near future (gawd I hope not).

Strangely enough, on the same program someone suggested that it was time to switch to gas to which the answer was an emphatic 'no'. North sea gas only has nother 15 or so years left in it and the government is already sourcing gas from further and further afield at ever increasing prices.

Next thing we know we will have to rub two moderators together to generate heat :D

Ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • ooo000ooo
    ooo000ooo Posts: 577 Forumite
    Options
    redon fuels are the cheapest i've found this morning at £179 for 500 litres. Nicholl oils said the price has gone up overnight by about a tenner.
  • Jo4
    Jo4 Posts: 6,819 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Just got my 1800 litres of oil, £606. Driver told me I was lucky to get it at the price I did as if I had ordered it tomorrow there would be another £40 on it!! :eek:

EDITED because I just noticed that I ordered oil exactly 52 weeks ago yesterday and received the oil 52 weeks ago today. Last year it cost £410 for 1800 litres, today £606!! Strange that I ordered oil and received oil 52 weeks apart.
  • nadnad
    nadnad Posts: 1,593 Forumite
    Options
    the prices are mad. I'm building my own house next year and am looking into getting a ground source heat - big coils of pipe laid in the ground and these absorb the heat from the ground - its then converted into underfloor heating for my house and heats the water - never will I pay for oil again! Apparently only costs about £150 per year for the electricity to run the pump.
    DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY ;)

norn iron club member no.1
  • scandarahar
    Options
    Heard of someone yesterday who paid £600 for 1200 litres - is that an exaggeration???

Does anyone know, given the high price of oil now, would it be cheaper to run electric fan-type heaters to keep the house warm this winter?
    I know they aren't shy on the electric - but against the price of oil which is better?
    sufferinsnickerinrickrastadley
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Heard of someone yesterday who paid £600 for 1200 litres - is that an exaggeration???

Does anyone know, given the high price of oil now, would it be cheaper to run electric fan-type heaters to keep the house warm this winter?
    I know they aren't shy on the electric - but against the price of oil which is better?
    I think that price is high. According to cheaperoil and maxoldirect the price is currently about £330 for 900 litres.

Ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family