Comments

• fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 August 2013 at 4:25PM
    Options
    fire**fly wrote: »
    we need a list from Glad as in :D

Expired button only to be used for comps that have expired the expiry date.

Dupes to be sent to a Board Guide with a merge request &
    posted on to say it's a dupe & sent to such & such BG.

Wrong titled/not correct format titled comps [STRIKE]

to be pm'd to a BG with the
    correct end date to edit
    [/STRIKE]. NO
    post on the thread asking the op politely to amend their title with the correct format stated in the comping guide & hope the op will do it.

Self Promotion comps to be reported by pressing the 'report' button & sent to the team explaining the op is self advertising/self promoting thier own/a friends site.

Daily dupes ??? not sure yet
    anymore ? :)
    Glad wrote: »
    I just meant if someone is going to the trouble of reposting it as a new thread on the main board (which would then be a dupe) it would be easier to pm and say 'can you edit/move this thread' :)

really though just carry on as you usually do, you all do a great job and most of the time the boards tick over just nicely :T

thanks glad, so my list for myself is correct?
    could you clarify what we do with the daily comps if they're posted as a dupe please, I don't want to expire them if we shouldn't expire them :)

i'll pm Cornish & ask her advice as well thanks x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• cornishpasty1
    cornishpasty1 Posts: 27,908 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just butting in with a specific question to MSE Andrea and Glad, is it still OK for the magazine dailies that are accidentally posted on the main board to be EXPIRED as they should be listed in Specific Magazine Dailies thread?

All other comps sent to BG for merge requests :idea:
    #StaySafe
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year
  • fire**fly
    Options
    thanks glad, so my list for myself is correct?
    could you clarify what we do with the daily comps if they're posted as a dupe please, I don't want to expire them if we shouldn't expire them :)

i'll pm Cornish & ask her advice as well thanks x
    Just butting in with a specific question to MSE Andrea and Glad, is it still OK for the magazine dailies that are accidentally posted on the main board to be EXPIRED as they should be listed in Specific Magazine Dailies thread?

thanks Cornish, that's what i'm trying to find out as well x
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• mumto2boys
    mumto2boys Posts: 7,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    see a dupe - post on it and send a pm to a BG
    see an expired comp - press expired
    really though just carry on as you usually do, you all do a great job and most of the time the boards tick over just nicely :T

Can I just ask why there seems to be a sudden confusion over all the procedures on here? Going by Glad's posts she is saying business as normal even with limited BG's at the moment so what's happened to feel the need to rewrite the rule book as such?
    StayHome * StaySafe * BeKind
  • fire**fly
    Options
    we need a list from Glad as in :D

Expired button only to be used for comps that have expired the expiry date.

Dupes to be sent to a Board Guide with a merge request &
    posted on to say it's a dupe & sent to such & such BG.

Wrong titled/not correct format titled comps [STRIKE]

to be pm'd to a BG with the
    correct end date to edit
    [/STRIKE]. NO
    post on the thread asking the op politely to amend their title with the correct format stated in the comping guide & hope the op will do it.

Self Promotion comps to be reported by pressing the 'report' button & sent to the team explaining the op is self advertising/self promoting thier own/a friends site.

magazine dailies/puzzler/take a break monthly dupes that are accidentally posted on the main board to be EXPIRED as they should be listed in Specific Magazine Dailies thread

exeption to the rule on pressing 'expired comps'
    for Daily Mags/puzzler.com/Tab monthly

then ? :j

• fire**fly
    edited 13 August 2013 at 7:27PM
    Options
    mumto2boys wrote: »
    Can I just ask why there seems to be a sudden confusion over all the procedures on here? Going by Glad's posts she is saying business as normal even with limited BG's at the moment so what's happened to feel the need to rewrite the rule book as such?

hiya, not rewriting the rule book,
    I was just writing the guidelines for myself for clarification
    on the rules :)
    it was getting confusing by MSE Andrea's post

here..

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=62811213&postcount=137

lots interpreted as it was ok to carry on 'expiring' dupes/etc,
    to help move posts quicker to Go :)
    but after lots of other posts/pm's/etc MSE Andrea posted..

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4739548

which followed on here as you've proberly read back from the beginning :)

all that's left now is the clarifying of the daily mags dupes,
    should we expire them or send them as merges ?

MSE Andrea says 'expired' button is for expired comps only,
    but the daily mags/tab monthly/puzzler.com have their
    specific threads,

x

• mumto2boys
    mumto2boys Posts: 7,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks fire**fly I missed that first post you linked me too, this thread makes a bit more sense now :)
    StayHome * StaySafe * BeKind
  • renegadia
    renegadia Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    Options
    firefly, what did you use to do re: daily dupes?
    Golly, I've got the newt pregnant...

**Gulp**
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well I didn't even know you did expire mag dupes :o so if it hasn't been brought to my attention as a problem, it isn't one, so business as usual :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • fire**fly
    Options
    renegadia wrote: »
    firefly, what did you use to do re: daily dupes?

not sure what you mean ren :o
    but if i'm reading & IIRC right the daily mags used to be posted as the comps are posted on the comps board now ie: separate comps, then linked to the daily thread, then glad had to copy them on her daily thread, so any dupes would be posted on & merge requests sent,
    then we had the threads about how long it took to post them as dailies & blah blah so it was decided to have them as like the puzzler/tab monthly comps,
    so to save any confusion in the specified thread any dupes Cornish asked we all expire as it would just confuse the thread with dupes posted on it if they were merged,
    if I've remembered wrong anyone please feel free to let me know but it does make sense to have to have an exeption for the specified threads on magazines.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure