PLEASE READ - Posts by the MSE Team and BG's - merged

Options

Comments

• OneYorkshireLass
    Options
    Right, I'm so confused with all the to-ing and fro-ing that I ain't going to bother anymore :)
  • fire**fly
    fire**fly Posts: 147,842 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 August 2013 at 4:04PM
    Options
    we need a list from Glad as in :D

Expired button only to be used for comps that have expired the expiry date.

Dupes to be sent to a Board Guide with a merge request &
    posted on to say it's a dupe & sent to such & such BG.

Wrong titled/not correct format titled comps [STRIKE]

to be pm'd to a BG with the
    correct end date to edit
    [/STRIKE]. NO
    post on the thread asking the op politely to amend their title with the correct format stated in the comping guide & hope the op will do it.

Self Promotion comps to be reported by pressing the 'report' button & sent to the team explaining the op is self advertising/self promoting thier own/a friends site.

Daily dupes ??? not sure yet
    anymore ? :)
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Right, I'm so confused with all the to-ing and fro-ing that I ain't going to bother anymore :)

Aww that's a shame :o but it's really business as usual :)

see a dupe - post on it and send a pm to a BG
    see an expired comp - press expired
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • OneYorkshireLass
    Options
    Thanks Glad

I don't have time to read every post in CCC so don't know if anything's changed or not, I just see loads of posts about trying different things. Never sure why they've come about/if there's a problem etc.

Tbh though I'm comping in a different way and using 'newest thread' rather than 'newest post' as I got a bit lost last month and didn't know which I'd entered and didn't want to dupe myself. So don't tend to spot dupes much now. But it's good to know it's still business as usual.
  • fire**fly
    edited 13 August 2013 at 4:03PM
    Options
    fire**fly wrote: »
    we need a list from Glad as in :D

Expired button only to be used for comps that have expired the expiry date.

Dupes to be sent to a Board Guide with a merge request &
    posted on to say it's a dupe & sent to such & such BG.

Wrong titled/not correct format titled comps [STRIKE]

to be pm'd to a BG with the
    correct end date to edit.
    [/STRIKE] NO
    post on the thread asking the op politely to amend their title with the correct format stated in the comping guide & hope the op will do it.

Self Promotion comps to be reported by pressing the 'report' button & sent to the team explaining the op is self advertising/self promoting thier own/a friends site.

Daily dupes ??? not sure yet
    anymore ? :)

what do we do about the daily mags that are duped then please?
    Cornish pasty always asks we press expired to send them to GO
    & it's been working well, but if we're not to expire dupes now what do we do about the daily dupes :)

all correct then i'm hoping so we now ask for a merge on a daily mag comp as opposed to expiring them :)
    please be a responsible pet owner & spay/neuter your pets, too many strays & not enough homes for them sadly. k2u58ioz4c8e.png

• mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 13 August 2013 at 3:47PM
    Options

Wrong titled/not correct format titled comps to be pm'd to a BG with the correct end date to edit.

:)

Didn't think they were pm'd, the BG moves them to GO (unless they had the time/inclination to edit when they came across them).

Dalkirst posted this
    I am taking a zero approach to people that post no end dates at all they go straight to GO i mean how hard is it to see that all the other comps or nearly all if they are done correctly are not posted like that.I edit the ones that have say xx/xx and no E: or E:xx/xx(no space) but sooner or later i'm gonna start moving them too;)
  • Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Options
    There wouldn't be time to enter any comps if those people that bother had to send PMs about every wrongly titled post.
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
  • fire**fly
    Options
    mjm3346 wrote: »
    Didn't think they were pm'd, the BG moves them to GO (unless they had the time/inclination to edit when they came across them).

Dalkirst posted this

ahh so we're not to do anything with them :)
    except post on the thread asking the op politely to amend their title with the correct format stated in the comping guide & hope the op will do it,
    will scratch that one from me list then :D

• Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Barnabysue wrote: »
    There wouldn't be time to enter any comps if those people that bother had to send PMs about every wrongly titled post.

I just meant if someone is going to the trouble of reposting it as a new thread on the main board (which would then be a dupe) it would be easier to pm and say 'can you edit/move this thread' :)

really though just carry on as you usually do, you all do a great job and most of the time the boards tick over just nicely :T
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Barnabysue
    Barnabysue Posts: 9,058 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Glad, you too x
    Luck is believing you’re lucky – Tennessee Williams

May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light. May good luck pursue you each morning and night – Anonymous
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure