Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options

Comments

• chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Even if you have only one, I am in desperate need. I am due any day so anyone near the xxx area (I live near the xxxx and I don't have a car so I can go pick it up if it's not too heavy) who has this stuff and does not want it, it would be very much appreciated.

1. Double Pram (I also have a one year old so I am in need of a double pram).
    2. Baby Bouncer
    3. Baby Swing
    4. Baby boy clothes (either for a newborn or even a year or older since I already have a year old son)
    5. Baby Carrier / Sling
    6. Any toys you no longer want

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide for me. Kind responses please.
    a) If your child is only 1 then surly you knew before you gave their stuff away you were pregnant?
    b) why leave it until a few days before you are due?

OHHH these requests annoy me.

It has also AMAZED me this week how many people have never heard of busses/ trams/ taxis and road maps (or google maps).
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    a) If your child is only 1 then surly you knew before you gave their stuff away you were pregnant?
    b) why leave it until a few days before you are due?

OHHH these requests annoy me.

It has also AMAZED me this week how many people have never heard of busses/ trams/ taxis and road maps (or google maps).
    Not sure why someone who is still pregnant is desperately in need of a door bouncer and toys. Do they think they'll be giving birth to someone who is ready to start playing?
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Not sure why someone who is still pregnant is desperately in need of a door bouncer and toys. Do they think they'll be giving birth to someone who is ready to start playing?

that's what amazes me - what's their 1 yr old been playing with?
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Two wanteds in the same day from one person (a serial ridiculous wanter - get at least 4-5 a week from them):
    Wanted: Planters, plants/trees and water feature
    Wanted: Gas barbecue and garden furniture

... do you want us to come and Ground Force the garden up for you as well? I can't quite manage the whole Charlie Dimmock sex symbol thing.

Same person -again this is in the same week - this is just today's batch:

Wanted: Garden furniture and BBQ
    Wanted: A working dishwasher - delivery would be great
    Wanted: Laminate flooring
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • Splashy
    Splashy Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    wanted Scrap gold
    Any scrap gold odd earings broken necklaces etc

So 'you' can take them to the local gold shop and get the money rather than 'me' I presume :rotfl:

10 out of 10 for effort though
  • pinkladyof66
    pinkladyof66 Posts: 1,829 Forumite
    Options
    Hi there
    Does anyone have any clothes pegs (for hanging out washing on a line outside)?
    We would be very grateful to receive, as we have just picked up a washing line
    from a fellow freecycler :-). Let us know if you can help. Thank you.

Surely it would be cheaper to buy some then the petrol costs of picking them up LOL

Make £200 by end of January... £20.42/£200
    Grocery Challenge £200 pm Jan £0/£200
    January no spend days - 1/31
  • judderman62
    judderman62 Posts: 5,134 Forumite
    Options
    Mrs.W wrote: »
    Last week I offered a four year old Dell laptop on fc.

I was staggered by the number of responses. But not a single one managed to include the word 'please' or anything close.

I'm not being overly sniffy here, 90% of the responses included the words, "If it works, I'll have it!" Followed by a request to call a mobile phone number.

Two days later I gave the thing to Oxfam.

don't blame you - I'm on the cusp of leaving all the groups I'm a member of.

couple of years back freecycle was brilliant - now it's just dreadful and I feel the movement itself and some mods have also contributed to the cesspit it has become.

most of us now have recycling centres near us - I feel I shall be going there instead.

Shame really but oft good things come to an end.
    Hate and I do mean Hate my apple Mac Computer - wish I'd never bought the thing
    Do little and often
    Please stop using the word "of" when you actually mean "have" - it's damned annoying :mad:
  • judderman62
    Options
    cigarwife wrote: »
    I recently posted several items to giveaway and included the message that the items would only be given to the most polite reply and not given to the first person who emails. I received a few emails of support from people with their horror stories of rude replies, but not one polite email for any of my offers. So it can all go to the recycling centre instead sometime.

I have now left freecycle, too many rude people demanding stuff and totally fed up of the mod.

I posted some gift vouchers last week, they can only be used in the uk (i live outside the uk), someone emailed me to demand i post them to her as she doesnt live in the freecycle group area and so cant collect them. Ended up giving them to someone who brought round a box of chocs in return :A

but see we shouldn't have to do that ... people shouldn't need to be made aware that politeness is nice and gets you places.

it is precisely because of that view (mine above) that I never have stated anything like that - if you need to be told to be polite (and you're only doing so because you're going to get something for free) then you're getting nowt from me.
    Do little and often
    Please stop using the word "of" when you actually mean "have" - it's damned annoying :mad:
  • judderman62
    Options
    Against the rules, I believe!!

why would it be against the rules to offer vouchers ? they have a value but so does anything you offer ? Seems no logic there if it is indeed against the rules.
    Do little and often
  • Amanita_2
    Amanita_2 Posts: 1,299 Forumite
    Options
    why would it be against the rules to offer vouchers ? they have a value but so does anything you offer ? Seems no logic there if it is indeed against the rules.

Freecycles sole purpose is to save items from landfill.

Offering coupons/codes/vouchers does not strictly fulfill that purpose. As I said earlier however local groups can allow them to be offered at their discretion so some groups will and some won't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure