Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options

Comments

• drc
    drc Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    Options
    hermum wrote: »
    Think I'll post my want on my freecycle.

I'd like a bottle of Cava, pref pink but white will do, must be dry.
    Home made steak & ale pie, shortcrust pastry pref, will have puff if that's all available
    Cauli cheese, must be HM cheese sauce with good strong mature cheese
    Mashed swede
    Carrots, not overcooked & mushy
    I'm not too fussy about what greens I have, as long as not overcooked, although I do really like creamed spinach
    Roast pots cooked in goose or duck fat so very nice & crunchy
    Hopefully I won't need a dessert but if there's one going spare something fruity would be preferable, hm (none of the shop bought carp) pavlova, must be chewy with clotted cream & a selection of English soft fruits, prefer to be picked ripe with the heat of the sun still on them. Would be quite nice after a heavy main course.
    Delivered if possible at around 7pm tonight.
    Cheers.

Damn you! That's making me hungry :mad:.
  • chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    my favourite freegle offered of the night:
    We appear down our street to suddenly for no reason have loads of England banners and car flags and painted sheets sticking out of all the wheelie bins going spare, so if anyone wants them I am sure if you just walk down your street it will be the same, no point saving them for Wimbledon I am sure
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • iieee
    iieee Posts: 1,194 Forumite
    Options
    Use once and throw away?
    OFFERED: Two frying pans. *** ***
    One small, one large.

Need washing up and will then be fine.
    :www: :: MFi3 ::
    Original mortgage free date ~ January 2030 :sad:
    Current mortgage free date ~ July 2028
    :tongue:
  • curly04
    curly04 Posts: 7,247 Forumite
    Options
    iieee wrote: »
    Use once and throw away?

some people are disgusting, just wondering if this is my ex husband :rotfl::rotfl:
    Total Weight Loss - 28lb and counting
    AD 17/11/2010
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I always, always say please, and am truly grateful for all items which come our way, and hope the same is said of those that we pass on.

However, I am guilty of blurb, I just kinda think it's nice to know that someone's collecting your free things for their or someone close to them's use, rather than to be car booted or ebayed.

I don't do essay type replies, just something like,

'please could we have the curtain poles, as ours are past their best, due to small son practising his spiderman moves.

Kind regards
    GT

TBH, I am more likely to offer to those who I think has the most need. When we gave away bunk beds, we were inundated with requests, some really needed them, but we chose the family we felt needed them the most, and was really pleased to be able to help out, bless her she was so pleased.

Mind you, sometimes falls flat on our face. I gave away a beautiful swing set, again was inundated. I chosse the lady whose little girl would dearly love a swing set, as her friends had one blah, blah single parent, recent seperation. I shan't fall for that sort of sob story again, mother turned up in a 2 year old range rover ~ IMO, she robbed someone who really didn't have any money of the opportunity to treat their child.

We only got rid as we'd moved house and it was too big for the garden, it was only a year old!

Hmm, I used to read all that everyone said & then when you get the same people with differing sob stories, depending on the item, you stop believing.
    It is sad that someone who could quite possibly have afforded to buy something takes it when there are people who couldn't buy it.
    I had one family who wanted clothes for one of their kids, when they came to collect we were chatting & they definitely only had 1 girl, Mother was about a size 10 & probably 25 years old. A couple of weeks later I offered a load of size 18's & she wanted it for her daughter, I responded explaining that they were a womens size 18, she assured me that was the size her daughter needed, I found this most odd as the previous lot had been baby clothes, the daughter was very much a tiny baby when I'd met her. I certainly wouldn't have wanted their shopping bills if she's gone from 12lbs to 12 stone in a matter of weeks.
    Now I just do names from a hat.
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have to admit to paying more attention to the individual responses where people tell me why they need my items, and I ignore the replies that are obviously auto-responders to every single offer made.

I've had most luck getting items when I write funny emails requesting them - I got a breadmaker by offering to give it "a good home where it could live alongside my coffee maker and toaster, spending its retirement years gently baking bread and making the house smell nice" ;)
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • thepedestrian
    Options
    how come no one ever asks for a foot spa !?

( incidently my partner and I used to rate car boots on how many footspas we had seen ) 13 is my top score - beat that !!
    As Martin says - please be nice - there is no such thing as a stupid question ! ;)
  • Miss_Laid
    Miss_Laid Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    Options

( incidently my partner and I used to rate car boots on how many footspas we had seen ) 13 is my top score - beat that !!

Or facial saunas one on every other bootsale table :D
    Anyone can cuddle but only the Welsh can cwtch :)
  • elainew
    elainew Posts: 889 Forumite
    Options

OMG so do we !!! We play spot the footspa!!

On ours we seen wanted spare 14ft trampoline !!!!!! who has a spare one:T
    TRYING hard to be a good money saver :rolleyes:
  • Aputsiaq
    Aputsiaq Posts: 313 Forumite
    Options
    Yes we have one locally and I'm happy to donate there as (a) they refurbish then sell on to people on benefits and (b) they provide employment for young people locally. Trouble is with upholstered items that if they are very old and dont have the Fire tag on them then they cant accept them, illegal to do so (same with charity shops I think). So all that's left to you is either Freecycle or the dump....
    Everyone can accept them, its just illegal for them to resell them.
    Our local charity shops have items of furniture in them without fire tags which are "donation only".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure