Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options

Comments

• chickywiggle
    chickywiggle Posts: 5,203 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    now don't all rush.....this is the entire text of a wanted ad:
    dvds - disney/comedy/horror . City Road S10

and i would love to know what this woman does to electrical items:
    my washer broke back in May and i was kindly gifted another but now thats gone too so i would really appreciate if anyone has one for me. i'm not bothered how old or what colour it is etc just as long as it works. i can collect thanks
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • atarisrocks
    atarisrocks Posts: 645 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    i need a washing machine,fridge-freezer or under the counter chest freezer and a 3 piece suite or 2 matching sofas 2 move into flat and have nothing at all.must be all in good working condition and must be able 2 deliver.

suprised he didnt want them to come and install the lot too

need some advice on how to ask for items on freecycle. im looking to maybe have some clothing, raffle prizes and maybe a clothes rail to borrow or use and relist for a charity swish party im going to hold will this seem too much to ask in on post and will people think im trying on a sob story with the charity (i can prove it for charity and anyone will be able to come to the event)
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    suprised he didnt want them to come and install the lot too

need some advice on how to ask for items on freecycle. im looking to maybe have some clothing, raffle prizes and maybe a clothes rail to borrow or use and relist for a charity swish party im going to hold will this seem too much to ask in on post and will people think im trying on a sob story with the charity (i can prove it for charity and anyone will be able to come to the event)

Does yours have a cafe, ours used to where you could ask to borrow items, if not put it on the ordinary bit. The worst that can happen is your post will end up here.
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    ohh I was getting all excited..... doing the deed can get sooo boring....
    Offer - Reproduction Cabinet

then i read the post.....
    As pictured:
    http://imgur.com/Qe5GV

Please state the day and approximate time you could collect when replying, and please, please don't say you can come at a time to suit me - experience proves that people very rarely can't!

then i looked at the picture!!

SOOO disapointed now!
    loves how my "I've been censored" signature has been censored. LOL. Happy Christmas. :xmastree:
  • chickywiggle
    Options
    i advertised a large cardboard box earlier on today that my baby's travel system came in.......just got the following reply.... tis a sorry state of affairs when you don't know what a cardboard box looks like??!!
    i am curious, do you have a pic of your huge box i could be interested
  • judderman62
    judderman62 Posts: 5,134 Forumite
    Options
    another one off my local forum.....GRRRRRRR

now that really, really is taking the pI55 - I sincerely hope the mods removed it
    Hate and I do mean Hate my apple Mac Computer - wish I'd never bought the thing
    Do little and often
    Please stop using the word "of" when you actually mean "have" - it's damned annoying :mad:
  • judderman62
    judderman62 Posts: 5,134 Forumite
    Options
    EssexGirl wrote: »
    Nice one.....

OFFERED: Lesson in manners‏

To all the poeple I have offered the sofa bed to who cannot even be bothered to answer their emails, I can offer free lessons in manners.

Please do not ask me for anything (or anyone else for that matter) if you are not prepared to reply.

Someone is offering to give you something for nothing so making them wait around for a reply when it could easily be offered to someone else is rude. I know not everyone sits on their computer all day, but this has been hours, so please be prepared to check your email if you ask for something.

Apologies to people who do respond, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets annoyed by this

I think it's that poster who needs the lesson in manners and therefore unfit to offer such. (staggered that 10 people have thanked this post) - the post states "it has been hours" - so not days, just hours.. well some of us work for a living , and some may travel some distance to our place of work - my journey is 25 miles each way, so for example in my case I may leave for work before 0700 and not return until 1900 or later.

so maybe, just maybe the reason people haven't replied to you in the couple of hours or so you'd hoped for may have good reasons why they've been unable too. I'm sure there are other and varied scenarios too - maybe they've gone away for a few days.

it's for reasons like these I never choose who to give to for a minimum 3-5 days and oft a week or more - give everyone a chance.

I hope nobody took the lesson in manners - I feel they would have been of very poor quality and would have needed to be returned to the gifter.
    Hate and I do mean Hate my apple Mac Computer - wish I'd never bought the thing
    Do little and often
    Please stop using the word "of" when you actually mean "have" - it's damned annoying :mad:
  • emerald_starcat
    emerald_starcat Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    Options
    Well this person is persistant, obviously their previous 'wanted' post for everything but a kitchen sink didn't get any response - well apart from me emailing them the Argos link.
    hi i am posting this for a second time because i am still in need. if any one has any of these unwanted items in S****** that are no longer needed it would be much appreciated as i have not long moved in to my property. I'm
    ideally looking for a coffee table, t.v. stand draws or storage boxes, nets for
    the windows, baby gates( not screw ins), t.v and any baby stuff for e.g high
    chair
    My daughters are my world
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I think it's that poster who needs the lesson in manners and therefore unfit to offer such. (staggered that 10 people have thanked this post) - the post states "it has been hours" - so not days, just hours.. well some of us work for a living , and some may travel some distance to our place of work - my journey is 25 miles each way, so for example in my case I may leave for work before 0700 and not return until 1900 or later.

so maybe, just maybe the reason people haven't replied to you in the couple of hours or so you'd hoped for may have good reasons why they've been unable too. I'm sure there are other and varied scenarios too - maybe they've gone away for a few days.

it's for reasons like these I never choose who to give to for a minimum 3-5 days and oft a week or more - give everyone a chance.

I hope nobody took the lesson in manners - I feel they would have been of very poor quality and would have needed to be returned to the gifter.

Sometimes when someone replies to an offer of mine I'm at the computer & so reply within seconds of their email, they're the ones that often don't reply again.
    If I was hoping to pick something up through freecycle I would try & check my messages frequently.
    Most people who opt to give things away want it gone asap. Not when someone returns from a few days away.
  • pug_in_a_bed
    pug_in_a_bed Posts: 1,975 Forumite
    Options
    On ours today

Hi, I'd like to ask if anyone has children's gym equipment (stepper, treadmill, exercise bike etc) they no longer need. It is to help my son to be fit and healthy.

I'm imagining tiny equipment and an enormous child...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure