Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options

Comments

• flippin36
    flippin36 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    Options
    (A little rant) I offered some really nice items - I was inundated with requests so I picked the person who lived the nearest. We struggled to arrange a mutual time so I emailed her and said I will leave them outside in a special place and can collect them when I was out (we live in a nice, secluded area). When I got home from work I noticed the box was gone, so I emailed her and to ask if she had found them ok (were the items ok for you). Now I'm feeling a bit annoyed that she has ignored my emails, I even sent her a message via the taken board. You would have thought she would just let me know she got them ok and maybe even a quick thanks a lot. How rude. (rant over)
  • hermum
    hermum Posts: 7,123 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    WANTED: In Need Of A Turntable (speakers too )

hey im in need of a turntable vintage or new possible with speakers etc.
    gota few records and really want to play them

Manners.
  • clairetelche1
    clairetelche1 Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    On ours today!!

TitleWANTED: le creuset items
    Description: 'hi has anyone any le creuset pots/pans,kitchnenware that they dont use,much appreciated, thankyou'

Yeah - they're only like £50+!!
  • hollyh
    hollyh Posts: 5,474 Forumite
    edited 3 May 2011 at 3:56PM
    Options
    I've just seen this that made me laugh.

WANTED-Hedgetrimmer

Hi guys,
    I'm in need of a hedge trimmer that doesn't have flames coming out of it like mine does. If anyone has one not in use / wanted any more, i'd be grateful!
    Cheers,

This one didn't make me laugh this is all it said

WANTED ps3 play tv
    Descriptionps3 play tv freeview
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,266 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can see why no one ever wants the books I am trying to offload on my freegle group, they are all out in the sunshine with new hobbies. Only today we've got a wanted:

"hi my son wants to start fishing up,has anyone got anything they no longer want please.would be very gratefull for it."
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,266 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We also get quite a lot of requests for things that do have a value, like 'any stamp albums or first day covers as I want to start this as a hobby'. I often used to hand out stuff without a worry (I have crate loads of stamps from two late family members who collected for years) but having seen how much of this stuff turns up at car boots I am much more inclined to take them straight to a charity shop. At least the charity shop may get a few pounds for the stuff (and then it gets sold at a car boot!)

It never really used to bother me at all if my items were sold or given to dealers. However having had the thread on here recently with someone boasting about their business selling with free items from Freegle, and also met up with someone I used to know who boasts about getting lots of benefits and still being clever by doing two car boots a week with 'free' stuff I just feel less generous.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    got this sob story, and shopping list on ours today, she also want's it all delivering

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone out there had any of the following the would kindly gift to me and my 2 young boys, you see I am a single mum and have recently moved here from scotland, as it was a BIG move we had to leave a lot behind so we are really desperate for the following and as I don't drive and don't know anyone here yet I would need the items delivered, we would be forever greatfull for any help you could give us, thanks in advance, Gayle and my 2 boys

A computer of any sorts so my son can do his homework
    Dvd player
    Freeview box
    Ariel (for the freeview box)
    Kitchen scales
    Bathroom scales
    Toilet brush
    Kitchen utensils
    Cutlery
    Bowls, plates, etc
    Boys toys and or clothes for age 5-6 and 8-9
    Bigish mirror
    Tumble dryer or clothes airer
    Tent
    Trampoline
    Board games
    Any xbox ps2 or ds games
    Curling tongs
    Womans size 14 clothes
    Fridge/freezer
    Gas cooker
    Small sofa (neutral colour)
    Any of these would be a great help
  • valentina
    valentina Posts: 1,016 Forumite
    Options
    :eek: Toilet brush ?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sparkleisshopping
    Options
    valentina wrote: »
    :eek: Toilet brush ?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing!
  • KiKi
    KiKi Posts: 5,377 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    got this sob story, and shopping list on ours today, she also want's it all delivering

Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone out there had any of the following the would kindly gift to me and my 2 young boys, you see I am a single mum and have recently moved here from scotland, as it was a BIG move we had to leave a lot behind so we are really desperate for the following and as I don't drive and don't know anyone here yet I would need the items delivered, we would be forever greatfull for any help you could give us, thanks in advance, Gayle and my 2 boys

A computer of any sorts so my son can do his homework
    Dvd player
    Freeview box
    Ariel (for the freeview box)
    Kitchen scales
    Bathroom scales
    Toilet brush
    Kitchen utensils
    Cutlery
    Bowls, plates, etc
    Boys toys and or clothes for age 5-6 and 8-9
    Bigish mirror
    Tumble dryer or clothes airer
    Tent
    Trampoline
    Board games
    Any xbox ps2 or ds games
    Curling tongs
    Womans size 14 clothes
    Fridge/freezer
    Gas cooker
    Small sofa (neutral colour)
    Any of these would be a great help

It just takes the !!!!. Clothes, board games, bowls and plates - okay. But no-one needs a tent to live in a house. Nor a trampoline. Nor an Xbox or PS2 or DVD player or bathroom scales. Those are luxuries for so many people.

I would never respond to something like that, even if I was giving a toilet brush away, because it stinks of greed. List the things you actually need and people might offer sympathy!

Grrrr!

KiKi
    ' <-- See that? It's called an apostrophe. It does not mean "hey, look out, here comes an S".
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure