🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Freecle / freecycle and balloons on sticks

Options

Comments

• flippin36
    flippin36 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    Options
    I put something on Freecycle this week and got a reply saying "yes please", nothing else in the message! Well at least they said please I suppose...

Wow you got a "please" :D.

I don't know if anyone else has notice this....I offered a working washing machine. I instantly got 3 messages from different people but they all used the same phrases like "mine's packed in". I'm convinced it was the same person with multiple accounts - or maybe I'm getting synical.
  • adouglasmhor
    adouglasmhor Posts: 15,554 Forumite
    Photogenic
    Options
    lisawood78 wrote: »
    hi has anybody gt a fridge freezer to give as mibe is no lobfer worjibg
    cnt afford new one kind regards amie

Errrrm pardon?

She spelled "frezzer" wrongly!
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head. Terry Pratchett

http.thisisnotalink.cöm
  • Hezzawithkids
    Hezzawithkids Posts: 3,018 Forumite
    Options
    sarahg1969 wrote: »

I broke my navman and now am lost everytime i drive.. please give me your oldone.. thanks

So buy a map. Pick up a local A-Z in a charity shop or print out a google map before you set off?

What a jerk
    £2 Savers Club 2016 #21 £14/£250
    £2 Savers Club 2015 #8 £250£200 :j

Proud to be an OU graduate :j :j

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain
  • zztopgirl
    zztopgirl Posts: 676 Forumite
    Options
    My local group has hit new depths......
    Wanted : Car...

Don't suppose anyone has a reliable runabout as a giveaway?
    Recently made redundant and looking to make ends meet but in order to get back
    to work on a regular basis, I will need a reliable vehicle. Anything considered.
    TXT me on xxxxx. Thanks

He also urgently needs a guitar amplifier, a pair of binoculars and a bike so he can keep fit whilst the weather is good :mad:
    Wanted sat nav

We are going accross on Monday night and could really use one as this is not a
    route we've done before.

Even one to borrow just until Wednesday would be really appreciated.

Thanks
    WANTED puppy crate , books, training aids etc
    am picking up my pup on Sunday May 8th and can't seem to find any crates 24"
    to 36"(medium).
    She is being crate trained by the current owner and I would like to keep up
    their routine .

Also any other training aids and books etc . I would be very grateful if any one
    has any of these items.

Please call xxxxxx any time. I don't always have access to the internet

I am able to pick up.

Hope to hear from someone soon.

A quick search of a local online pet shop, shows they have plenty of medium crates in stock at a reasonable price.

We never get any freezers or frezzers here, although i have probably spoken too soon!
  • zztopgirl
    zztopgirl Posts: 676 Forumite
    Options
    Just have a quick rant whilst im still lurking here.

Just gave away some stuff, and have posted 2 TAKENs now cos people didnt get the message the first time round. But i am still getting messages requesting the items :wall:

One of the people i offered one item to said she could pick it up, i passed on my number,and that she'd call me the following day to arrange collection.....and never heard anything again. So emailed back and she then delightfully informed me that she is on holiday and can i save it til she gets back? Err no!
  • cestlavie
    cestlavie Posts: 805 Forumite
    Options
    "Wanted: washing machine and or dishwasher - need these as we are moving house very soon."

no please, no thank you, no further info! gosh.
  • somethingsgottogive
    Options
    I'm still in shock - Last year my husband came home with a 42" flat screen television that someone had offered him because it didn't have digital integrated. Last night he came home late, after picking up an Xbox 360 + leads and controllers, the lot, that someone had offered him. Both times the offerer had said that he was the only one to email back with a polite and reasonable request! Politeness REALLY does pay, but I'm quite happy for the majority to realise this too late :D
    Paying off CC in 2011 £2100/£1692
    Jan NSD 19/20 Feb NSD11/15March/April ? May 0/15
    Sealed pot 1164 it's a surprise!
  • dizziblonde
    dizziblonde Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    zztopgirl wrote: »
    Just have a quick rant whilst im still lurking here.

Just gave away some stuff, and have posted 2 TAKENs now cos people didnt get the message the first time round. But i am still getting messages requesting the items :wall:

One of the people i offered one item to said she could pick it up, i passed on my number,and that she'd call me the following day to arrange collection.....and never heard anything again. So emailed back and she then delightfully informed me that she is on holiday and can i save it til she gets back? Err no!

I still get replies from offers I posted when living in another town over 2 years ago!
    Little miracle born April 2012, 33 weeks gestation and a little toughie!
  • Tigsteroonie
    Tigsteroonie Posts: 24,954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hi in need of any wedding decorations, invations and any other items. Also a
    size 24 wedding dress and all the accessories . and page boys outfits for 6 plus
    months. please would be very gratefull

Alternatively, delay your wedding until you can afford stuff?
    :heartpuls Mrs Marleyboy :heartpuls

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

:) Proud Parents to an Aut-some son :)
  • misfire
    misfire Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I gave up with freecycle - too many emails, I never managed to give anything a good home! and the final straw was when I gave a buggy away - it was given to me because of my job (working with kids) incase anyone needed one, it was a basic mothercare one, used twice - for holidays so immaculate condition. The person put a wanted - desperately in need for Little one.... so I replied - she emailed for my details and her hubby picked up. he was quite abrupt and I didn't want heaps of praise but a quick thank you either on pick up or via email would have gone along way.

I now freecycle my stuff (baby stuff) through my friends - I just gave two big bags of baby clothes away went to a friend who passed them on too two of her friends who had babies of the right age - and I got a thank you!
    Debt free May 2016 (without the support of MSE forum users that would never have been possible - thank you all)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport