How to Claim From Ryanair (Volcanic Disruption)

Options

Comments

• airwoman1
    Options
    The lady who is dealing with my claim at trading standards said you can take them to the small claims court
  • MarkBargain
    Options
    Where would the small claims court be though, our own towns or Ireland? Do thousands of customers have to individually all take Ryanair to court in order for them to meet their legal responsibilities? Where are the EU and UK enforcers?
  • airwoman1
    Options
    Yes it will be the court in your town can you imagine all the people taking them to court it would be ridiculous sockdrawer posted she received a cheque from them on friday so maybe they are starting to pay out
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you use money claim online the court is Northampton.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • airwoman1
    Options
    Hi i have got an e-mail from ryanair stating that they are sending me a cheque, surely if that went to court they wouldn't be able to get out of paying it as i have it in black and white
  • sockdrawer
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    Ok, I finally got through to the Air Transport Users Council. Explained our situation re no VAT receipts, supermarket shopping etc, and he confirmed that Ryanair are not allowed to impose these criteria after the event.
    He also pointed out that Ryanair had a "duty of care" towards their passengers and should have found us suitable accommodation. Both are grounds for legitimate complaint.
    He said that because we were stranded abroad, it's the air users council in that country (in our case Italy) that have to take it up with Ryanair. He has details of all the separate air users councils, and e-mailed the Italian details out to me immediately.
    I'll cross post this on the reply from ryanair thread, just so the information's there. I'm going to take advice over exactly how to proceed in the small claims court, but also getting in touch with the Italian air users council as they have already fined Ryanair over their treatment of passengers re the ash cloud, so they should have some information on them already.
    Saving up £25000/£3500 by Jan 1st 2012 by selling my clutter. Remember I'm doing it for Dad.
    Textiles, languages, travel and a lovely home are not stupid things to want. You have immediate family's support.Appreciate what I've achieved so far. Other people's opinion of me is none of my business.
  • sockdrawer
    Options
    For anyone stuck in Italy

L’Ente Nazionale per l’Aviazione Civile
    Viale del Castro Pretorio, 118
    IT - 00185 ROME
    Tel. : +39 06 44596-1
    Fax : +39 06 44596331
    cartadiritti@enac.rupa.it
    Saving up £25000/£3500 by Jan 1st 2012 by selling my clutter. Remember I'm doing it for Dad.
    Textiles, languages, travel and a lovely home are not stupid things to want. You have immediate family's support.Appreciate what I've achieved so far. Other people's opinion of me is none of my business.
  • hewy1234
    Options
    I have once again written to Watchdog via the BBC website. I suggest we all do the same.
  • MarkBargain
    MarkBargain Posts: 1,641 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck with that. Ryanair should not just be allowed to ignore these claims. Has anyone received the money they are owed?
  • ZirconZippy
    Options
    Hi All,

First post... :)

I was wondering how people got on with this Ryanair Claims stuff?
    I have just been stuck in France for an additional 5 days due to the air traffic control strike and so will be putting a claim in.

Unfortunately I am going to have to take 2 days unpaid work due to this and was wondering if anyone managed to claim this back from Ryanair too? (Or if it was possible?)

Luckily we were staying at a family owned apartment, so incurred no extra accomodation costs... but we have taxi fares (additional) as well as extra airport car parking that we need to claim back.

This close to Christmas, 2 days unpaid is really going to hit hard :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport