HTC Desire Vodafone 500mb Fair Usage Policy

Options

Comments

• c_man
    c_man Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    MattJ wrote: »
    Posted on VF forums c_man, hope you dont mind

Not at all Matt, thank you - I haven't yet signed up over their as I'm not yet [maybe never!] a customer.

I look forward to more questions added to the list!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • MattJ_2
    MattJ_2 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Options
    http:// forum.vodafone.co.uk/topic/57718-mobile-internet-will-the-500mb-allowance-be-enough-for-internet-usage/page__view__findpost__p__387590

For those who want to follow questions raised by c_man
  • TheLibertine
    TheLibertine Posts: 89 Forumite
    Options
    Remember the key thing too when complaining to the ASA...both the iphone/nexus1 limit of 1GB and the Desire/Satio limit of 500MB are described as 'unlimited'.

The Desire and Nexus1 for a start are exactly the same phone. More to the point how can 'unlimited' refer to two different limits?? It is nonsensical.

This is the difference I think compared to other networks, and what the ASA should look at.
  • TheLibertine
    Options
    Oh and you have to complain about press adds, they don't cover online yet. I.e. don't complain to the ASA specifically about Voda's website.
  • Tony5101
    Tony5101 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 May 2010 at 11:02AM
    Options
    If anyone uses twitter - the webteam are on vodafoneuk.
    Please remember to add your #tag
    #vodadatacon
    That way it will produce a trend - and no company worth it's salt can ignore strong public opinion.
  • parallax_20
    parallax_20 Posts: 546 Forumite
    Options
    Its time to consider early termination of your contracts penalty free, as its obvious Vodafone charging for exceeding the 500MB is going to be to your disadvantage. Use their T&C's against them. But presumably you have to prove that you regularly go over each month to actually make a case. If you're well within your 500MB limit per month, they may refuse early termination.

See previous thread of 3's price changes and removal of their "Like home" service.
  • c_man
    c_man Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Well I had my PAC Code ready 3 days ago, ready to sign up to Vodafone.

As a result of this I've now renewed with Orange.

Oh, I received an email from Lee from Web Relations Team at 2153hrs yesterday, he still uses the term [and I quote]: "Unlimited Internet (fair usage policy of 500MB per month)" - twice in fact!! What a mess!!
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • nm83
    nm83 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Ok, when my deal was negotiated over the phone, it was stated as being unlimited internet, 500MB FUP.
    I agreed to take up my deal on the 13th April, only to have to wait for my desire, which arrived Wednesday.
    The update to my contract came via email, and states:

"
    Your Price Plan:
    Your Plan comes with 600 minutes, Mobile Internet, Vodafone Passport and Unlimited Texts"

"
    Terms and Conditions

YOUR PLAN PRICE PLAN 2010

Our Standard out of Price Plan Charges

There are times when there aren’t enough hours in the day (or minutes, texts or megabytes in your monthly allowance). So if you’ve been making loads of calls, sending tons of texts or browsing for Britain, these charges will apply once you exceed your monthly Your Plan allowance.

VOICECALLS, DATA AND MESSAGING WITHIN THE UK

Data Usage (per day)

Data Usage - 25MB

50p

Data Usage (per 30 days) Web Pack

Data Usage - 250MB

£7.50

If you’re on an unrestricted data price plan or data bundle, you can use the internet for: a) calls over the internet, b) legally sharing data files or, c) giving other people access to your mobile equipment over the internet. However, if you’re on a restricted price plan we will: a) block access to these services, b) restrict performance, or c) charge you for this at the full published rates at vodafone.co.uk. If you want to use a mobile phone as a modem, you’ll need to be on a price plan that allows this.
    VOICECALLS, DATA AND MESSAGING WHILE ABROAD
    We’ve divided the world into zones which carry different charges. As zones and charges change from time to time, please check our website before travelling at vodafone.co.uk/goingabroad
    Please see vodafone.co.uk for a list of countries within the zones below.

Data Usage and MMS
    Please see vodafone.co.uk for details on pricing.
    Data charges for picture messaging is dependent upon the size of the picture sent.

In the European Zone we will charge you for the call you make in 1 second increments with a 30 second minimum call charge.

All calls you receive are charged per second.

In the Asia Pacific and Rest of World we will charge you for the call you make in 1 minute increments with a 1 minute minimum call charge. For receiving calls, we will charge you in increments (depending on your price plan) with a minimum call charge.

In USA & Canada we will charge you for the call you make and receive in 1 minute increments with a 1 minute minimum call charge.

Premium rate and satellite calls are excluded and additional charges (including network handling fees) may apply.

Text charges based on location text is sent. If we are charged an admin fee from a foreign network operator for you to receive a text, we will pass this charge to you.

General
    Prices are correct at time of print. If you’re interested, you can find more about our call, text, video and data charges at vodafone.co.uk
    Reference to the UK excludes the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.
    All our services which are offered as “unlimited” (or similar) may be subject to a fair use policy. Please see vodafone.co.uk for details.
    Registered address: Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN. Registered in England number 1471587
    Contact us by

Email: ccare.webmails@help.vodafone.co.uk

Phone: 0870 0700 191

Fax: 0870 1616 500.

Updated March 2010"

Now although those terms are stated in B&W (and I refer specifically to the extra data charges section and working of Mobile Internet), I'm not sure where that leaves me, as I'm in my 7-day period and would like to know whether I need to send my phone back.
    500 MB equates to ~16MB per day, (based on 30-day month). Turning my 3g connection on at work for a couple of hours managed to accrue ~8MB of downstream data according to my monitor app (using a little eBuddy, downloading a couple of apps), without even going near something like google maps.
    Were I to continue that level of usage over the course of the day, I'd be going over the limit without really stressing the network, as none of that was high volume data. I am aware I need to play with the sync settings etc a little, but I don't feel I should have to be that anal about my usage.
    Any thoughts on what my actual data allowance is and what the charges are going to be considering this bit:

" Data Usage (per day)

Data Usage - 25MB

50p

Data Usage (per 30 days) Web Pack

Data Usage - 250MB

£7.50"
  • TheLibertine
    Options
  • Norro
    Norro Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    vodafone are trying to claim that they haven't changed their t&cs because they always reserved the right to charge however.. "If, after we have asked you to moderate your usage, you fail to do so, we reserve the right to:

(a) charge you for the excessive element of your usage at your price plan's standard rate;"

So because they are taking away the chance for the user to get a warning and moderate their usage surely it is clear that they ARE changing their t&cs?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure