Really need help please.

Comments

• nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    I have just had a quick look and the plan looks great if I am able to stick to it.
    Thanks for the tips on what to do with all the stuff I bought, DH asked what it was for and I wasn't really sure:o

PS Whats gloop?

gloop is instead of washing powder.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=12317463#post12317463

i dont use this receipe, made my own!! i will post my receipe if you want it.
  • Its home made laundry liquid, there is a thread somewhere let me see if I can find it xxx

That looks a bit advanced for me at the moment:o My idea of cooking from scratch was frying the mince and adding a jar of pasta sauce. I am a true novice.
    You learn to love to live
    You fight and you forgive
    You face the darkest night
    Just live before you die
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Hi Lurker :hello:

I'm not a flylady but I do dip in and out of the thread and have al ook at the lists on my days off but I can vouch for the fact that they're a lovely lot and no one will mind if you don't keep up with the thread.

I'd also recommend the grocery challenge (sticked at the top of page one of OS). Meal planning is the key to reducing your grocery bill and reducing waste. ;)

Good luck with it all and I hope things improve for you soon.

Haribo x
  • You are all so kind. Wish I had posted sooner now. I will definitely look at the grocery challenge and will have a go at gloop once I get on top of the mess. I really want to start cooking proper food like I had as a kid.
    Just live before you die
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    edited 30 April 2010 at 10:20PM
    Hi Longtimelurker:hello:

Awwwww! your message just made me want to give you a big hug!smiley-hug002.gifReally pleased at the help you have received so far - lovely! :A

Please don't be scared of posting, or asking silly questions. I am the queen of silly questions :o:rotfl:

Now, where to start with links for you.... I'm not long awake, and i know there's a starting out thread somewhere, but I just can't seem to put my finger on it.....:o

First thing to remember is one step at a time. There is no rush, and you don't want to overwhelm yourself. OS differs from person to person and there is no right or wrong - ok? So just do what you can within your limits :)

Let's think.....

The OS Starter pack YAY I FOUND IT ! :jsmiley-dance008.gifsmiley-dance014.gif (or have i?:o?)

How to organise everything in my life OS [STRIKE](this may be the thread I am looking for, but I am not sure! Pink? Is there another newbie one?)[/STRIKE] :rotfl:

Do you currently meal plan? There is a thread about how to do it here

Have you been following the grocery challenge? If not, you are in good time to join for May :j

Don't be scared of flylady (even though I am overwhelmed by it a bit:o). I'm gonna get killed for saying that :rotfl:I have been meaning to try it out for some time,but just never get round to it and my house is chaotic and messy at the best of times . The flyladies are all absolutely really friendly and welcoming - that I can say for sure! :j

Save zillions on cleaning products

White vinegar threads and white vinegar uses and soda crystal uses/applications

Sorry for the haphazardness of this reply - I have done a million things in between typing it (including waking up) so I possibly make little sense!:p

I also don't want to overload you with threads [STRIKE]and i'm still not really with it[/STRIKE], so see how we go with those, and we can link you to more later. Is there a specific area you want to start working on or specific threads you would like me to find?:D

Zip x

Edit - Just read the last few posts! Aw bless you - don't worry, OS has more or less taught me all my cooking skills at the ripe old age of 29-31, so I understand! I am still learning and can even make bread and bake - which I never thought I would ever be able to do!

Start out slow - what meal would you like to learn to start with?
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• If its any consolation I dont make laundry gloop either lol.
    I started the grocery challenge at the beginning of the month and have failed miserably as I had no idea what I was spending on food per month, but im hoping that i can get this under control in May. Ive also started meal planning so im hoping that this will help with my spending. I found some great recipes pn MSE and someone recommended this site http://www.howto.co.uk/wellbeing/quick-healthy-recipes/ Ive managed to have a mega cooking day yesterday and have made quite afew things from the site and best of all it was dead easy but tasted sooooooo good.

Hugz
    Dreamyxxx
    total debt at LBM £4800
    Debt as of Mar 2016 £1790 Hope to be debt free July 2016:eek:
    Sealed pot challenge number 552
  • HariboJunkie
    Zippy, I'm sure there's a rule against board guides using dancing banana smilies. :cool:

What do you mean, you're just awake? :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry Lurker... Zippy is actually a mine of information and she is better at finding threads than me. ;)
  • Thanks so much zippychick, I will have a look at them and really try to make a start. I have to go slowly as I get so tired then nothing gets done:rotfl:

Thank you all so much. x
    Just live before you die
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Zippy, I'm sure there's a rule against board guides using dancing banana smilies. :cool:

What do you mean, you're just awake? :eek::eek::eek:

Sorry Lurker... Zippy is actually a mine of information and she is better at finding threads than me. ;)
    I know - I'm a sleeping disaster! Only had two hours last night and it came and bit me in the bum :p Leave my dancing over excited banana smileys alone! :rotfl:

Longtimelurker - I understand about being tired, I really do -as you can see I don't sleep great myself! Just take one step at a time! Don't panic or freak yourself out x
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• HariboJunkie
    Oh, I forgot.... Keep a spending diary for a while. It really opens your eyes to where your money goes and makes you think twice beofre parting with your cash. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure