May 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 April 2010 at 6:30PM in Old Style MoneySaving
812 replies 65.3K views

Replies

• PablosmummyPablosmummy Forumite
    378 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    well I went over this month, £175.60 and that doesnt even include the celebratory pizza (and starter..and dessert...) that we ordered when OH was offered a new job which is BETTER than the one he was made redundant from, better prospects, more money, nicer people!! so happy this week!!! :j

well done to everyone who has managed to stick to their budgets! one month I will manage it.
    May Grocery Challenge -£216/400
  • Lindy_-_LooLindy_-_Loo Forumite
    802 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    hiya am declaring that we went 47p over Mays budget. Not impressed! :(We spend too much on treats I've decided now its down on paper - but I have bought some more today.

May total £300.47p
    Mum, wife and dinnerlady!
  • BigMummaFBigMummaF Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    welshkaz wrote: »
    ive fallen off the wagon massively for last 2 months through very ill hubby in hospital and pure laziness really so can i declare £280 for june please xx
    Sorry to hear that Kaz & I'm sure it's NOT laziness that has caused a blimp in your plans((HUGS)) Hope there's good news on the way very shortly x

On paper I'm £16:76 over my budget BUT..that does include the pack of six water filter cartridges that I found on offer in Robert Dy4s (16:99) & also not taking off £18 of vouchers. So in reality, even with the refills I have £1:24 should an emergency crop up between now & Tuesday morning :D

Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• franby64franby64 Forumite
    937 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all

Not so good...I'm £49.95 over and there are 2 days left which will probably not be cheap days!

Will declare Monday night and set things a little bit higher next month!
    May Shopping Challenge. 10/5. Budget £310 Spent £118.25.. £191.75 left. So £9.13 a day.
  • meanmariemeanmarie Forumite
    5.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Declaring for May at €220.66, a mere €60.66 over budget....not sure why that happened but hopefully at €200 for June I will do better.

Marie
    Weight 08 February 86kg
  • KadeeaeKadeeae Forumite
    652 Posts
    Declaring total for May @ £261 which puts me £11 over :(

Have upped it a bit for June, we'll see how it goes . . . .
  • ZendZend Forumite
    166 Posts
    Hi, overspent by £5 this month. Not too bad really as I took £30 out of the grocery money to pay for OH's birthday meal out.
    January spend = £100
    Spent =
    saving =
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi I have been very frugal this month and shopped quite a bit from my food stores so have only used £89.64 out of my 'food money purse' so have an extra £30. 36 to go into my holiday fund for August.
    So onwards and upwards for June and I am going again with £120.00 for June as it will give me a bit of leeway if I run a bit short of anything.I am really pleased with this month as lots of bits have been used that were just sitting in the cupboard.:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • hex2hex2 Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Declaring for May at £423.45 against a target of £450 - a very rare under budget for me :T:j

I like this stay out of the shops lark :p.
    'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need' Marcus Tullius Cicero
  • edited 29 May 2010 at 9:17PM
    SuziQSuziQ Forumite
    3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 29 May 2010 at 9:17PM
    Sorry, posted on the wrong thread-have reposted on the June thread.
    Tomorrow is always fresh, with no mistakes in it!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals