May 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 April 2010 at 5:30PM in Old Style MoneySaving
812 replies 65.4K views

Replies

• InTheRedInTheRed Forumite
    164 Posts
    Can I join in please? I have been watching this thread with interest this month. No idea how much I spend on groceries per month (a lot) so can I put my name down Mrs M? £400 for June please?

Thanks!
    February Grocery Challenge 262.50/250.00 - overspend - oh no!

March GC 0/300.00

Weight loss goal - lose 14 lbs by May 18th 2016 - so far 3 lbs lost
  • cookie9cookie9 Forumite
    764 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Can I go for £80 for June.

Miserable day at work - and forgot to take food out of freezer so now having emergency chili con carne. As oven on have whipped up fast batch of muffins. Emergency bottle of wine already opened!!!
    MFW 91 op 2014 £410/1000
    MFW 91 op 2015 £4051/4000
    MFW 91 op 2016 £4040/4000
    MFW 91 op 2017 £812/4500
  • peskie_pixiepeskie_pixie Forumite
    427 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭
    Hi all
    Declaring at £78.22 so just scraped in under budget. With this thread and the NSD challenge as well, I can't believe how much more disciplined i am about spending and sticking to a list etc. So although i don't post too much, thanx for all the inspiration.

Could you please put me down for £80 again in June
    "A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist." Franklin Jones
  • Keiss_21Keiss_21 Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Going for £400 for June Mrs M...£350 is just too low for us at the mo...and DS2 will be home all month (apart from his three last AS Levels, and they're only a couple of hours each).

Been looking back at our other spends over the past few months...and it looks like our total monthly spends have droppped by £700 per month :eek:, so even if I am not cutting that much off the grocery and house-cleaning spending, I am certainly cutting back on loads of other things.:j

Got a big delivery from Mr T today, only counting the milk and a few other bits in this month, the rest have already gone into the June challenge. I am working loads next week, so this way I can sort out the freezer, do some batch-cooking/baking and be organised meal-wise for next week...at least that is the plan! :D

Hopefully I will have only NSDs now for the rest of the month..so although I have gone over my target of £350, I am still under £400...only just mind you :o!!

Will declare on Monday/Tuesday once I know my final total.

Have a great weekend everyone.

13 projects in 2013: 7/13
    Cross-stitch Club Member no 13
    Weight loss since 24/06/2012: 30lb

• welshkazwelshkaz Forumite
    288 Posts
    ive fallen off the wagon massively for last 2 months through very ill hubby in hospital and pure laziness really so can i declare £280 for june please xx
    may groc challenge £167/£280...
  • freakyogrefreakyogre Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    I've lost track of May a bit, don't think i've gone over too much but have been away this week, so meals etc haven't been included.

I'm going to try for £50.00 for June please. A bit lower as have a lot to use in the freezer etc and have spent far too much in the last week in general! I might have to change this as have received a letter from the hospital today with a date for my operation (just over 3 weeks time) and at the moment I don't know if i'll be staying at home afterwards as I won't be able to drive at all or walk far :(
    Grocery challenge - Nov: £52/£100
  • jackieglasgowjackieglasgow Forumite
    9.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will be counting my receipts tonight. Not looking forward to it. :( Will post tomorrow.
    mardatha wrote: »
    It's what is inside your head that matters in life - not what's outside your window :D
    Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory. - Ghandi
  • savvyshesavvyshe Forumite
    96 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary
    Good Eveining folks,

What a lovely evening it is too. It is Friday at last!! Absolutely shattered, got a weeks holiday next week,:j going to do a lot of sorting, cleaning and sewing. OH is off too so hopefully with a bit of luck and management, might get him to do some painting and decorating;) Going to live out of cupboards and freezer next week and try to do lots of baking and stock up for DS3 lunches (he has hollow legs).
    Not added up first spends yet but think it might be quite high!:mad: Not good for beginning of month, bought a lot of wine and barbacue stuff last weekend so got to get back on track.:( Going to stay at mums caravan from Thursday to Sunday so going to take food with us and try to make a couple of meals ready to warm up to make things easier and stop us going for a take-a-way or pub. Got DGD coming to stay over tomorrow:j so that will keep me out the shops hopefully.:rotfl: Please Mrs, M can I put down for £130.00 for June as I think last months was a bit low. Thanks very much:A Have a lovely weekend folks x Savvyshe
    M&S 2,200.00
    Barclaycard £3840.00
  • mama67mama67 Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs M please put my ytd total as £1156.00 many thanks
    2 adults, 2 boys (:footie: sports mad big eaters) (25 & 22)
    My mother always served up leftovers we never knew what the original meal was. - Tracey Ulman
  • looielooie Forumite
    706 Posts
    Hi all, I am going to declare for May £102.16 so a very slight overspend. It was a pesky receipt I found in my purse this morning what has sent me over .... never mind.

Can you put me down for £100 for June please :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

54 ways to ‘DIY it’

According to the MSE Forum

MSE Team Blog

£10 Christmas bonus

For benefits recipients

MSE News

Lidl '£10 off £40 spend' voucher

Via Metro or Daily Mail. Excludes NI

MSE Deals