We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…990991993995996…1488

Comments

  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    morning, som. A bit icky on sleep for us here, too. I officially hate summer, as someone's been awake since 5! Then dh got all !!!!y b'c finn was keeping him awake (rolleyes) - oh gee sorry about that, let me just magically make a squirming, grumbling baby go back to sleep at will. He's since apologised but i could so use a nap already!
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    edited 10 June 2010 at 8:36AM
    Gah, today is already shaping up to be rubbish :angry:

    [Edit: "poor me" rant redacted]

    Big hugs to baby James and good thoughts for Mr Tara.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 10 June 2010 at 8:51AM
    Where are Beenie and Caz? Ladies RL's are not allowed!!


    Little or no sleep here again too. Got signed off work for another 2 wks yesterday as back, shoulder and leg are now well and truly flucked. Have chiropractor again today.
    Am so getting sacked when go back! Eek!
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    morning!!
    :D:D:D
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning Jillie! You're very happy this morning! btw, I got TC payment yesterday after calling same day as you did. Have you had yours today?
  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Morning,

    Hope your back improves Csh. Mine is killing me at the moment. Mainly due to Holly waking at 1am most nights and me ending up sleeping in the spare room with her - the mattress is rubbish. Might need to buy a new one. It's making it difficult to pick H up though.

    I went to a chiropractor a few years ago. It was for my shoulder rather than my back, although it's amazing how everything is connected. My shoulder was much improved after a few sessions, however I had also started exercising and changed my job which was aggravating it so I was never sure if it was the chiropractor or not.

    Is yours Aussie? They are all Aussie in Glasgow I think!
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    Aw sorry people didn't get great sleeps.

    Jack's been having bottles at 7.30pm, 12.30am and 4am last few nights but at least he goes straight back to sleep afterwards. He doesn't have any other bottles but I don't know how to change it so he has them at 7am, afternoon and bedtime! So far I have tried

    - Goodnight Milk then.....
    - Changed to Hungry Baby Milk for all 3 bottles (still can't go more than 4hrs!)
    - Giving him Weetabix around 6.30pm
    - Putting a rusk in his bottle
    - Offering water
    - Not feeding him

    Nothing works and I've been at it for a good 2 weeks!! It's like having a newborn again, except that he's such a wriggle bum that I woke up at 5am and he was lying lengthways across the top of the spare bed with his bum in my face NICE!! Every night I say I'll put him in his cot after the bottle bu because he rolls over and drops straight off I don't want to disturb him.

    I think people should take the UK test if they want to drive over here, we have a different Highway Code that people should learn like I have! :p

    Sugar - hope you're OK :)
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    2ep4zz8.jpg
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    aless02 wrote: »
    morning, som. A bit icky on sleep for us here, too. I officially hate summer, as someone's been awake since 5! Then dh got all !!!!y b'c finn was keeping him awake (rolleyes) - oh gee sorry about that, let me just magically make a squirming, grumbling baby go back to sleep at will. He's since apologised but i could so use a nap already!
    You need to pretend it's winter - that's what Alice did when she woke up:
    Daddy don't go to work today. It's snowing actually. It's Winter. It's Winter! [gets excited] You can't do gardening because it's Winter!
    csh wrote: »
    Where are Beenie and Caz? Ladies RL's are not allowed!!
    I was wondering about Buttons too.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    I saw Buttons posting on another thread the other day and meant to PM her but I forgot!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.