We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…987988990992993…1488

Comments

  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    edited 9 June 2010 at 8:10PM
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    When are parents due SS? are things less tense between you now?

    In the city late tonight, here tomorrow morning sometime.

    I'm not sure how things stand, my mother seems to have decided that none of it ever happened, but I'm really not ok with pretending there's no elephant in the room especially when it left my little family knee deep in poop. We'll see.

    I signed up for the counselling skills course :)

    Edit: One of the clucking scr€ws has been delivered inside the part of the bed it fastens to the rest - there's no way to get it out :mad: :( It doesn't affect our sleeping on it, but damn.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,152
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I did a counselling course years ago.. I was advised to stop when I told someone during a role play thing to stop being wet and get a grip..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    I nearly did a online councelling course paid for through the bf group I used to go to with Aimee... But the funding got pulled... Great that you're going for it SS :D

    I would also try and get your Mum on one side and talk it through with her... If she's willing to talk about it... But sometimes you just have to accept things happen and draw a line under it and move on... Unfortunately people don't always conform to what we expect them to... And they often don't like being pulled up on it... Especially parents...

    My friend dropped round a present for Caitlyn earlier, a couple of gorgeous dresses :D Unfortunately they're a 12-18months and seeing as Caitlyn is barely in a 9-12... Will probably be next summer before she wears them... :rolleyes:
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • Sarah_Joanne
    Sarah_Joanne Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    SM does Philip drive? How long do you think it might be before you book your test? Are you enjoying learning? Sorry for all the questions! My DH just learnt to drive, passed just over a year ago now and it's made such a big difference to us.

    SS I cannot believe how much trouble you've had with that bed. Very glad you will be sleeping in it tonight though.

    I can't be bothered making my sausage and mash now. DH isn't getting in from football until 9ish. Might have to order yet another take out :/
  • Sarah_Joanne
    Sarah_Joanne Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    I'm watching a show I sky+ed ages ago about how children are finishing primary school with really poor maths skills. It's shocking what some of these kids don't know.
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    sj im quite far away from passing .. i can drive but my fear and panicing stops me from doing 3 point turns and things and im too heavy footed .. philip has said that once hes working hes going to get learning but we cant afford both of us to learn at the mo x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • Sarah_Joanne
    Sarah_Joanne Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Yeah it's expensive learning isn't it?! Sure with putting the hours in your confidence will keep increasing and the fear and panicking will subside :)

    Quiet tonight!
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    i know sj just annoying me though and my driving instructor because he knows i can do it ... but its not just in driving its in everything my brain can melt down for just a second and thats it x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    yer very quiet .. im in and out sorting things ...

    anyone watching bb tonight? x
    :)Still searching .....:)
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    I can't wait until i can drive over here. I didn't miss it at first, but now i just feel bad that dh has to ferry me/us everywhere. Not going to happen until we have lots of extra money though (i.e. Not for a long while!).

    I'm watching Junior Apprentice, actually.
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.