We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…986987989991992…1488

Comments

  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We're having rice with peas, red pepper, onion, green tails and garlic :D Boys are having chicken drumsticks too, Amber is having some chicken but I'm really off chicken right now. It's nummmummmummm according to Amber.
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    I only rang last Thursday. So less than a week ago.

    ooh i rang last week ,cos it was me posting that you realised you forgot to take off the ML £100 per week. although our next scheduled payment is the 29th Jun so i wonder will it be then rather than an extra payment if they owe me money (which i'm pretty sure they do!!)
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    I just got a text from MFD, Mr MFD got the all clear :j

    yay!!

    and yes do the counselling service :)

    you would be fab at it
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    DH rang from vet... Charlie (cat) has an absess where he was bitten. so he needs to have gen. anasthetic to have it drained and cleaned. is stayin in over night and its gonna cost £175 approx. so glad we have ins but have to pay up front :eek: and then claim from the insurance.
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • Sarah_Joanne
    Sarah_Joanne Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    All this talk of TCs has reminded me that I need to phone and tell them that my income has dropped considerably this year so hopefully I'll get a bit extra too :D Anyone have any ideas what the bands are?
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,187
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    I just got a text from MFD, Mr MFD got the all clear :j

    Yay - brill news :j

    Hope Charlie is ok xx

    Need to book Jack into the vets soon. His testicles are fully formed now so it's time to have them snipped off - poor doggy!

    Craig is taking James to taekwondo this evening. He's been keen on doing some form of martial arts for a while and Craig has been chatting to a local man on Facebook who seems nice. They're going along for a month trial to see how he gets on. He's really excited about it.

    I'm another one who needs to ring tax credits and get it sorted out. I have to guess my earnings as I'm self employed. I made £800 less than I estimated last year, so it wasn't a bad guess!
    Here I go again on my own....
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    did anyone else order from the hotmilk secret sale? it says delivery due before 4th june but I've not got it yet :(
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    I did Sami, but I don't know if it's arrived, it was coming via my parents and they're not here yet :)
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • hammyhunter
    hammyhunter Posts: 694 Forumite
    elastigirl wrote: »
    Proud mummy moment
    H is now 12lb 14oz so he has put on 14oz in 2 weeks and he is now finally on the bottom centile, which is a big thing for him. The HV was so pleased. :j

    :T Fantastic news :T
    My babba still needs a waterproof jacket.

    I saw some really cute waterproofs at out local independent garden store. Have you looked somewhere like that? :T Glad to hear MrMFD is OK
    aless02 wrote: »
    Also the fairies will most likely have a Alton Towers family pass coming up shortly...I got an e-mail I won one through a competition, but it's no good to us. I'll post something when it comes in the post as I don't want to offer it in case it fails to come through!

    Aless, If it does come through would you please put my name in the hat for it? I'm not on F/B so don't see the fairy posts :A

    :bdaycake: Happy birthday Glam

    :T Well done Becles

    Mr hammy is working tonight. D has just gone to bed and I am not sure I can be bothered to cook. I currently have a glass of wine. I am starting to think that chocolate and ice cream is perfectly acceptable for dinner.....
    The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents ;):o:D
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    When are parents due SS? are things less tense between you now?

    MFD - what size waterproof do you need and are you fussed about what it looks like if it's free? I have a navy pac a mac not sure what size but i'll dig it out if you're interested?
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    :hello: everyone .. been a busy bee today .. had my driving lesson, got called in to work (extra £20 in the bank thank you :D) .. did dinner (mac cheese nomnomnom) ... done the tesco shop .. now sortin things to sell at work the makes philip and zoe birthday presents £39 (fingers crossed) ...

    havent caught up but i see its a certain little lady's birthday today .. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GLAM :D:D:D x
    :)Still searching .....:)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.