We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…983984986988989…1488

Comments

  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    ooh can we call 23rd a date then? :DBoo are you a deffo too? I'd love an opportunity to try an SJ cup cake! :drool:
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Krystal - the mushrooms will be fine! You can eat them raw anyway, can't you?

    I was going to go to Baby Clinic to get Holly weighed, but I can't be bothered moving. We had a nice day indoors yesterday, and I feel like being lazy today too. Have made a pot of bolognese and done loads of things on my "to do" list though so not totally lazy. Really need to find a childminder though - that is my next major task! I have e-mailed 3, but only 1 has replied.

    Has GISI been on since her wedding?

    And Aless - how is the diet going? I have lost 6lbs in 3 weeks. Not fantastic, but then I have had lots of ice cream Mars Bars and dessert a few times, plus cocktails and burger at TGIs!! Just shows what I could do if I cut those out and did some exercise!
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    Ooooh the 23rd...I have no appts:j
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Our bed is on its way up :j

    You may have noticed a strange blue streak across Germany on the weather forecast :rotfl: Casualties so far, my virgin ears and one light fitting (bashed with a bedpiece).
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    There was a knock at my door... I open it... There's a box of Thorntons on my (new) doormat... I stand there slightly bemused and wondering if it's part of a crafty p!key ploy... And my husband appears from around the corner... He took the afternoon off to ease the pressure of the baby....

    I ate the chocolates... They were good!

    As you were...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    Fitzio - not too bad. I'm down about 6 lbs as well, but I've been even naughtier and have had 2 restaurant meals (1 including some very caloric cocktails!), ice cream, 2 Chinese takeaways and various other sins. However, it has motivated me to get out and do a lot more walking and now I really need to behave because I've prolly pushed my luck to the limit :p.
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Christophers bump up afternoon went well. Forget who asked, a bump up day is when they go into their new classrooms for the day as a practice for after the summer holidays. The P7's are all away to secondary school this week (in my area) and the primary kids have moved up for the week so they can meet their new teachers.

    We now have a book with lots of pictures, all his school friends, teachers, helpers, gym hall, computer areas, school uniform and loads of other people and places.

    I feel a bit weird though. Kind of sad because I always thought he would go to main steam, a bit... don't know, I'm sure it will pass.
  • Sarah_Joanne
    Sarah_Joanne Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Sami_Bee wrote: »
    ooh can we call 23rd a date then? :DBoo are you a deffo too? I'd love an opportunity to try an SJ cup cake! :drool:

    Yes, it's a date :) Mel, that'd be great if you can come too

    Krystal how sweet of your hubby! :A
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    Aw Krystal, how sweet!! :A
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • Natalie85
    Natalie85 Posts: 243 Forumite
    There was a knock at my door... I open it... There's a box of Thorntons on my (new) doormat... I stand there slightly bemused and wondering if it's part of a crafty p!key ploy... And my husband appears from around the corner... He took the afternoon off to ease the pressure of the baby....

    I ate the chocolates... They were good!

    As you were...


    how lovely is your husband :T
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.