We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…992993995997998…1488

Comments

  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jillie1974 wrote: »
    :( nope. just checked my online account and nothing. darn it. tempted to ring and see. lol

    Aww, bummer! Thought that was what the big grins were for! I forget you are just a happy person :D:D:D
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Boo, I love your auction but would you consider putting them up as BIN? The World Cup starts tomorrow and England might be out before your auction ends :rotfl:
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Fitzio wrote: »
    I've always had a dodgy back for as long as I can remember, but just put up with it. I put it down to having such ample bosoms. I have been trying to pluck up the courage all week to phone the docs to discuss breast reduction surgery to see what my chances are of getting it on the NHS. I really don't want to resort to surgery, but I can't cope with it any longer. I bought a 34JJ bra the other day! I can't get anything to fit me. :(

    Right, think H needs a nappy change, then a nap before Baby Sensory. Better go and get her out of the Antilop (I caved in and bought 2!!! :rotfl:)


    I've just put up with mine too, but I can't actually walk now as my right leg is gammy. Have lost the range of movement at the lower spine on that side!

    Have a rake online and see if you can find the guideline criteria for the surgery. If you are a certain bra size and are within the BMI that they set the GP can refer you on, Its not up to the GP to decide. They just write the referral then you get an app with a psychologist person andits up to them, can take up to a yr for this. From here you get app with surgeon, then on the list for surgery then done and dusted within 16 wks!
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    It's a bit stupid they take BMI into consideration... You could be 3ft tall with huuuuuuuuuge bazooms... Your BMI is always going to be too high because of the size of the norks... They should really do it on waist size or something else...

    Caitlyn's got my camera, it just flashed so I think she's taken a picture of her own chin lol... She's got her MMR in half an hour... She's already miserable so I doubt it will improve her mood much... :rolleyes: Off to the cradle club after that I think... One of the girls from my newborn group is starting to go, and seeing as we both will be leaving the newborn group soon, and I think she'd be a cool friend... I'm stalking her a little... ;)
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • Sarah_Joanne
    Sarah_Joanne Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    BrunoM wrote: »
    Foreign (non-EU?) licences are only usable for a year then you need to take a UK test - something like that. It's v annoying, OH doesn't want to be tested here so can't drive now.

    Ah right, I don't think he and sis know that! I will let them know.
    Becles wrote: »
    I've got a stapler under one of mine and my mobile under the other :D

    :rotfl: I haven't trid but I'm guessing I could hold the 2 remote controls that are next to me here. (EDIT have tried, can hold :rotfl:)

    Glad to hear Wee James is doing better. Sounds terrible for him yesterday before the op. Hugs for family too as they probably need them just now.

    Glam that pic from OH/ Jack is lovely! What a happy smiley boy you have (even if he does keep you up at night!)

    Well I think we were only up once in the night. I know A woke up again about 6am and I'm pretty sure I just ignored him and we both went back to sleep to be I can't remember 100% ! I have wondered whether sometimes he just wakes and would fall back to sleep himself as he never cries, just shouts. I might try ignoring him the first time and see what happens tonight.
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    csh wrote: »
    Aww, bummer! Thought that was what the big grins were for! I forget you are just a happy person :D:D:D


    i wish....

    so want to ring and find out if i am getting a payment lol!! i should be as i over-estimated hugely
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    It's a bit stupid they take BMI into consideration... You could be 3ft tall with huuuuuuuuuge bazooms... Your BMI is always going to be too high because of the size of the norks... They should really do it on waist size or something else...

    It does seem pointless, especially if you don't agree with BMI anyway but at the same time, someone asking for a reduction when 10 st overweight when the size of chest would be reduced with weightloss is a waste of resourses IMO. Weight is always a factor in any non esential surgery due to risk of anethestic (sp!)
    ps I've heard that breasts don't weight as much as we think they do anyway! I'm sure Glam said that too after her surgery?? Or am I making that up??
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    csh wrote: »
    It does seem pointless, especially if you don't agree with BMI anyway but at the same time, someone asking for a reduction when 10 st overweight when the size of chest would be reduced with weightloss is a waste of resourses IMO. Weight is always a factor in any non esential surgery due to risk of anethestic (sp!)
    ps I've heard that breasts don't weight as much as we think they do anyway! I'm sure Glam said that too after her surgery?? Or am I making that up??

    thas right glam said she expected to be pounds lighter and wasnt.
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    Fitzio wrote: »
    I've always had a dodgy back for as long as I can remember, but just put up with it. I put it down to having such ample bosoms. I have been trying to pluck up the courage all week to phone the docs to discuss breast reduction surgery to see what my chances are of getting it on the NHS. I really don't want to resort to surgery, but I can't cope with it any longer. I bought a 34JJ bra the other day! I can't get anything to fit me. :(

    Right, think H needs a nappy change, then a nap before Baby Sensory. Better go and get her out of the Antilop (I caved in and bought 2!!! :rotfl:)

    Hello! Had 2 of these remember????? Both on the NHS. The second was a result of attending a follow up apptoitment and being told they were still big enough to warrant surgery despite already having one lot done!

    BMI is taken into account because there are more risks on doing surgery on larger people.

    My referral letter stated the following
    Wearing Size 8 trousers with Size 20 blouses in order to do buttons up.
    Loss of confidence.
    Hating myself and my body, getting really bad mood swings especially when it came to shopping for clothes.
    Intense pains in my back and shoulders - I had already been seen about these problems
    Bra straps digging right into shoulders - in fact I had permanent dents in my shoulders :o

    If you manage to get an appointment with a Consultant then they take various measurements of your breasts to ensure they are out of proportion with your frame.

    Mine were putting so much pressure on my rib cage they actually pushed a rib slightly out of place so I have a small lump where the rib bows out under my left boob!

    It can take around a year before you get seen and then a year gain before surgery, just remember that it can impact of BF if you had anymore. They said to me they generally like to wait until you've had all the children you want so that you have the option to BF but I was adamant at the time that I didn't care if I could BF or not. I was so unhappy at the time.
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    It's a bit stupid they take BMI into consideration... You could be 3ft tall with huuuuuuuuuge bazooms... Your BMI is always going to be too high because of the size of the norks... They should really do it on waist size or something else...

    BMI is rubbish. It tells bodybuilders they're obese when their body fat is under ten percent *stupid*
    :rotfl: I haven't trid but I'm guessing I could hold the 2 remote controls that are next to me here. (EDIT have tried, can hold :rotfl:)

    I tried the markers I have on my desk and yes, they stayed. They never used to :(
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.