We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…134135137139140…1488

Comments

  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    Morning (been browsing for a while just too lazy to post :p)...supposed to have some tilers in this morning but now he's turned up and no one has any tiles to actually do anything with. Stoooooooooooooooooopid people. At least I can take my shower now :p.

    ...or maybe not as I hear crying. Wahhh, I feel grotty!
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Oh i'm a moron. Forgot to cancel the graze box lol! It's coming today, it better be worth the £3 :eek:
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    3onitsway wrote: »

    Glam If the IL's are here on 7th May, isn't that a good reason to come to the sling meet? :p

    I'll see how much they are doing my head in! Although OH mentioned going to the races on the 5th AND the 7th :eek: We always go on the 5th but as BIL and all the lads are goin on the 7th OH thinks it will be fun to go then as well! He's paying! :beer:

    Jack's trick of the morning has been to be on all 4's rocking back & for and then
    rocking up to a sitting position :eek: I found this out after leaving him on all 4's while I nipped to the loo and came back on the landing and he was sitting up! I did wonder if I was going crazy for a minute but he's been doing it every since. :D

    Think it might be worth putting the stairgates up soon as well as he's very mobile on the slidy floor!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • cazscoob
    cazscoob Posts: 4,990 Forumite
    My Oh actually commented on my boobs the other night and said they were still great even after BF 5 kids :D I also need to start slimming class as i keep missing the night its on?

    Erin can say 'juice' she walked over with her cup handed it to me and said juice! Even Charlie looked shocked as he cant say it yet :(
    Thats him away on the bus, he was very upset but im not sure if it was because he was leaving me or cbeebies lol!
    What's for you won't go past you
  • gill_81uk
    gill_81uk Posts: 2,851
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I'm a Mummy now so I'm actually allowed to be here after several weeks of lurkinh and poking my nose in :j

    My gorgeous little boy Thomas was born on April 27th at 5.15am weighing a very healthy 8lb 5oz. We came home yesterday and DH and I are absolutely smitten with him and slowly (very slowly!) adapting to life with a newborn.

    Can anyone tell me which brand of sleepsuits have long legs? He has 3 from Boots which are fine (in newborn size) and 3 in newborn size from Matalan which are awful! He can't straighten his legs in them but the body and arms are huge. He woke in the night crying with his legs stuck down one hole where they'd got stuck and he'd pulled his arms through too.

    I want to ask my Mum to get some more but don't know if she can get to a Boots. Does anyone know if the newborn sleepsuits at mothercare or any of the supermarkets have suitably long legs? Or can recommend anywhere else?
    Mummy to Thomas born April 27th 2010 8lb 5oz
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,152
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    And grandparents deserve dedicated babba time imho ;-)

    My mother would rather die!!!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    Oh i'm a moron. Forgot to cancel the graze box lol! It's coming today, it better be worth the £3 :eek:

    It's not REALLY, but not the end of the world either. You've just reminded me I need to do this on DH's card as I've already done one on mine :p.

    My boobies are mahoosive breast-feeding or no. I want to lose weight to shrink them slightly, but almost all my weight is in my tummy, giving that lovely 5-months-pregnant look *roll eyes*.

    Apparently Finn was manically rolling from back-to-front and front-to-back this morning while I stayed in bed. :p Think we need to start weaning the swaddle sharpish now :o.
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    Congratulations Gill! We need pics when you get a minute!

    There was talk of sleepsuits with long legs the other day, and I think it was agreed that Tesco are quite long in the leg. I have also found Next to be generous, but my baby is more long bodied rather than long legged.
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Gill Congratulations. How are you feeling?, how was the birth?, can we have pics?, we like little newborns. :)

    I find the Asda ones to be long - but wait for someone else with more ideas as my LO is a little short legs, so most are long on her. :o

    :T For clever mobile Jack and clever talking Erin. :T
    :beer:
  • gymfiend
    gymfiend Posts: 1,296 Forumite
    Hi Gill,

    CONGRATS & welcome Thomas, lovely to see you over here :D Was he early? I was sure you weren't due yet!

    My boy is massively long in the legs too & we've found 2 solutions - Tesco have fairly long legs for one, but if you're cheap like me, just cut the feet off and put socks over :D Or dress him in ones without feet (H&M do them) and put him in socks :)
    Baby Boy arrived March 25th 2010 - 17 days late & 8lb 10oz :j
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.