We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…12751276127812801281…1488

Comments

  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    Thanks Jillie!

    It is razor sharp! He was crying Monday night with it and then last night he woke at 10pm and he was bright red and crying proper little tears so gave him more powder, some gel and Nurofen and he was OK for the rest of the night.

    He now has a cough though - courtesy of creche as they were all coughing this morning!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • Evansangel
    Evansangel Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    We have people viewing our house in 30 mins, and Lily is asleep. I hope they dont wake her, she gets grumpy if she is woken from her sleep lol.

    I better go and get out of these cow themed PJ's :D
    edit: And into jeans, im not going to be naked for them :p
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    I find it incredible how much stuff goes missing in the post. I have sold 3 items recently which never arrived, 2 of which were posted at the same time. Where do all these missing parcels go???

    I suspect that some bastage is wandering around wearing my lovely summer dress, and another bastage is carrying a baby in the cow print sling I sold. There are similar bastages with your stuff.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    I find it incredible how much stuff goes missing in the post. I have sold 3 items recently which never arrived, 2 of which were posted at the same time. Where do all these missing parcels go???
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    I suspect that some bastage is wandering around wearing my lovely summer dress, and another bastage is carrying a baby in the cow print sling I sold. There are similar bastages with your stuff.


    makes me wonder how people 'say ;) item not received to get a refund when they actually have the item
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • Evansangel
    Evansangel Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Well they've been and gone, its strange how i looked round the whole house to make sure nothing was on the floor, and when they arrived, suddenly stuff appeared on the floor :rotfl:

    There was a bit of paper on our bedroom floor that i swear wasn't there.

    I also threw a screwed up bit of clingfilm & paper in the kitchen cudboard, as they were about to walk in and the bin was outside :rotfl:

    They didn't seem that interested, the girl was pregnant to :)

    I hope they dont take it, imo this house is the worst place to raise a baby. Especially in the winter :(
  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    :D Big Congratulations Mel. Lovely photo.
    GISI or anyone else who ordered one of those £5 men's polo shirts from the hut a while ago, have you had it yet? Seems like ages since I ordered and no sign of it as yet.

    No SJ, no sign of the one I ordered.


    Ooh MFD. MIL rants. I could go on for days.......
    When I have actually pegged washing out and gone to work, but OH has been off work and his mum has come round, when I get home the washing t will have been re-pegged. I hang everything from the bottom, but she does it by the shoulders and it really pees me off. When it's got fook all to do with her.

    Also on Monday, MIL and FIL had Alex for the first time in about 5 weeks after FILs hip replacement. I stood infront of her, saying (and showing) there are two pots with his lunch and tea (savory) and one large pot with dessert, for both. Plus a banana and some organix crisp and rasins for snack.

    When sorting out his bag, when I got home, the only food that was gone was the dessert. !!!!!! had my baby eaten all day? So I told OH, he just shrugged and I asked why can't she just give him the food I pack for him? He said he would ask what he's had, I am still waiting.

    The only food she buys for him are the jars of baby rice pudding, so he will most probably have had the dessert of custard i put in and that. Just Fab! Or a yoghurt. When i have specifically told her he is not to have them, as I am trying to cut out dairy to help his eczema.

    It is rather like SS yesterday with her OH. I speak but no words come out.

    Now, my mum, she can continue to do as much of my ironing as she wants, infact anyone can.:rotfl:
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    reading all your MIL stories makes me realise how lucky i am with mine )

    she will give Kian the food i leave for him. would never do my ironing for me. she has done the dishes which i was very greatful for. (was only once)
    when he goes to them on a Sat, he is thoroughly looked after. they always make sure they go to a park where he has great fun on the swings.
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    WM that would make me howl with rage - if you peg at the shoulders you end up with those annoying bumps :mad:

    Jillie, I sometimes think how lucky I am that Mr SS's parents are deceased, but then I think that I'd take all the interference they wanted to dish out if it meant that he was able to sit down and talk with them again and resolve the issues that still bother him.
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    I wouldn't be too suspicious of eBay buyers that don't get your items. I had 3 different items over the course of a couple months last fall go missing. I hated asking the seller for refunds as I felt guilty like it was my fault or something.

    I've always liked Germany and is DH & I's dream to move to Australia one day so they also have a soft spot in my heart. :)

    It's hotttt. I want something refreshing and COLD to drink and something interesting for lunch (i.e. anything not currently in my fridge :p)
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.