We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 12
Comments
-
workinmummy wrote: »
Fantastic news about your holiday Jillie. Lovely IL's you have there.
i know!! couldnt quite believe it when they said they would pay for the holiday.boogellyboo wrote: »jillie your hol sounds fab, I bet you can't wait. I was thinking of you in asda last night as lots of the buffet snack foods were reduced, I know you were thinking about these for K's christening so may be worth keeping an eye out if you have freezer space.
thanks! i keep seeing all the buffet food they have for the world cup and wishing i had a bigger freezer. i am so tempted to try and get a small chest freezer when we are paid. stock up and then when the christening and 1st birthday are over, sell it.'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'0 -
I dread to think what OH's mum would be like.. put it this way.. she is not looking after MY baby.. I can see her being the most interfereing winnie going.. and we are going to clash over every little thing I can see it already .. I have already been 'told' (Ha, like I can be told anything!!) I am NOT feeding the baby during his sisters wedding.. if it cries I have to take it out.. I said would it not be so much easier to stuff a boob in its mouth so it isn't crying? .. oh.. not good enough.. it has to be fed before we leave.. like that will work! I said you do realise I won't be going out and if my baby needs feeding I don't care if I am mid-way through a pole dance it will be fed! I shut her up on names when i kept suggesting ridicuous names.. it is still either Myrtle or Terence though..
LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14Hope to be debt free until the day I dieMortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)0 -
I've just organised the viewing of the place we're thinking about, and since it is in the UK have also booked flights and a rental car. I am now trying to organise a surprise dinner so my parents can turn up somewhere ostensibly to meet my uncle and actually meet us instead :j
OOh, I didn't know you were moving to the UK - where you coming too?
I've lost track of all the new teeth!, so well done to everyone. :T
WM MIL comes every Saturday, usually with something pink & sparkly for V, so she feels she has to buy the other two something too, usually a huge bag of brightly coloured sweets each.
Then she has V on a Wednesday and normally says she wouldn't eat any dinner - probably because she's been eating bright orange wotsits and sweets all morning.
A couple of weeks ago they were out, so she got V a jar for lunch, of 4 month food. She's asked before what V can eat for lunch, she's 16 months old !!!!!!, she can have anything!
It has explained to me why OH and his two brothers are so bad with food though. They're all strange with fruit & veg, but his brothers are dreadful. They eat chips and anything that can be microwaved. When I met OH he'd eat tinned carrots or peas, and very occasionally tinned fruit salad! He's getting better with my training.
And, I always put her sippy cup of water in her changing bag, it always comes back full, and a couple of times there's been an empty fruit shoot bottle in the bag when they come back.
Jillie would you like to swap IL's? Please?:beer:0 -
My Mum's awful for filling Aimee up with sweets and crap... When she was younger she used to come home and throw real wobblers because she couldn't cope with the late night and the sugar crash... She's a bit better now, but still not brilliant... And I can't believe anyone would feed a child 2 donuts and 3 packets of sweets in 1 day... We certainly didn't get anything like that when we were kids!!A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...My Fathers Daughter wrote: »Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.
0 -
You know. I have two boys and one day I'm going to be one of these MIL's. And their OH's are going to think I'm a complete biatch aren't they?0
-
Kindof - I'm hoping to take Thomas swimming in the next couple of weeks so he'll be too small for the 16lb+ ones so if noone else wants them I would like them please

Yup they are yours xxx
E is fine taking Calpol off a spoon ... for now lol
MFD I can see where you are coming from, she is trying to help but its not really helping lol, can I ask why you dont like towels being dried on the line? I love my towels on the line lol
Sorry lts of you didnt get much sleep, I slept for 9 hours straight, no E didnt sleep through lol but MIL had him for the night lol
Krystal I agree, My mam has had a pay freeze for 3 years and she cant afford another one (she only earns 17k and has to run a house on her own), my brother on the other hand earns 40k a year and is complaining about pay freeze lol
EA - E gets really grumy too if he gets woke from his sleep, it annoys me when people say when they see him and we are trying to be quiet, ohhhh he's a baby he will sleep through anything, and I am like no he !!!!!!! wont, he will wake, be a crancky pants and scream the house down!
MY HANSON PACKAGE IS COMING TOMORROW EEEK SO excited lol
Oh and I lost 1.5 lbs this week
Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid OffMortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
£79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off
Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20
Asda Savings - £0
POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80
~ Emergency Savings: £0
My Debt Free Diary (Link)0 -
Hmm, I have a question.
I didn't receive an ebay item (low value, £4 inc pp), and left it a while before chasing it up because things get delayed, you know?
I emailed the seller and her response was, I only keep receipts for a month. No offer of refund.
So I asked her to organise the refund and she did it but sent me a snotty note "next time contact seller earlier".
I can see her point at being annoyed at being out of pocket, but I don't get rid of the receipts until feedback is left or the Paypal deadline has passed, whichever is first (60 days). Am I wrong or is she?
You are, of course, right. Set her on fire or something.
To be honest I kind of factor a few odd refunds into my 'cost of ebaying' since I think it is inevitable that a few bits get lost if you sell a lot.Morrrrrning!
:T :T David! I know it wasn't perfect but am glad the poor little guy got at least a little bit more sleep.
I got my 1st AF last month (5 months old)...not happy at all, I was wishing more for Sugar's 8 months or similar...I was quite happy not having 1 for over a year, I told DH I should just get pregnant again and then I won't have to deal
.
We had a good night too - glad the staying up late didn't hideously backfire. But disproves the theory that he wakes up early b/c he goes to bed early - was still up at exactly the same time (5:30am) this morning as usual! Oh well...I can live with it so long as the night is decent.
The flat looks like an absolute tip (this time I'm not exaggerating) so need to get onto tackling at least a little bit of that...I also have a massive Avon collection to do, which is not my Number One choice of things to do in the heat
(hiking around with a pushchair that gets gradually heavier under weight of brochures).
I had this massive, rabid craving for a fruity pavlova last night. Now I think I want some sort of fruity sparkling thing...like Appletiser but berry flavoured. I wonder if they make something like that? I'm sure they do.
Sugar, I was pulling for the USA (obv), England, Germany and Australia, so 3 out of 4 isn't bad. DH hates that I like Germany, so I like to tease him by rooting crazily for him. He says that all English people hate Germany? I was like !!!!!!, WWII is long over, dude. This is from someone who wants to go to Berlin next year for the marathon!

I've just got my first AF so managed seven and a half months. Can't really complain about that! I'd forgotten how rubbish it is though!
Well we had our Breastfeeding Awareness Week picnic today and it was fab. Not sure how much we've raised for the local breastfeeding centre but I think it is quite a lot! Good day had by all, and I won a month of free Pushymum classes in the raffle! I'm happy with that!
On the in-laws debate, I moan about mine but they are fab. Always happy to look after H, do exactly as I ask but live far enough away not to always be on my doorstep!:DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator
0 -
kindofagilr wrote: »Y
MFD I can see where you are coming from, she is trying to help but its not really helping lol, can I ask why you dont like towels being dried on the line? I love my towels on the line lol
Can't speak for MFD, but I too hate line dried towels. Much prefer them from the dryer, they come out much softer for my ever so tender sensitive skin
0 -
3-
yes they are fab, but they can still do things that niggle me (holidays together are usually when i get peed off the most. i used ti like to just lie in the sun and relax and do nothing on hol but IL's consider it bad form if we havent walked at least a mile to the beach etc... am hoping with Kian next year to occupy me this wont be as much a problem)
or not tell us things that we should really know.
but i wouldnt swap them for anyone elses'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'0 -
I can't bear line dried towels either... And I'm sure when my washing machine broke that my lovely soft egyptian cotton towels have never recovered from being line dried.... They're nowhere near as soft as they used to be...
Not sure Joanna Page is the best choice of voice over...
Anyway... Best go and wake the babe and fetch the biggun from school...A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...My Fathers Daughter wrote: »Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
