We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…12731274127612781279…1488

Comments

  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Bruno - Yes everyone is besotted with her...I think I will be fighting for attention from dh in the future;)

    csh - Thanks, I had the same with ds2 aswell. It's horrible for them (and us) isn't it?

    xx
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    Hmm, I have a question.

    I didn't receive an ebay item (low value, £4 inc pp), and left it a while before chasing it up because things get delayed, you know?

    I emailed the seller and her response was, I only keep receipts for a month. No offer of refund.

    So I asked her to organise the refund and she did it but sent me a snotty note "next time contact seller earlier".

    I can see her point at being annoyed at being out of pocket, but I don't get rid of the receipts until feedback is left or the Paypal deadline has passed, whichever is first (60 days). Am I wrong or is she?
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    Really? I didn't know that; my instructor often had people in the car when I was learning *shrug*

    Of course he was rubbish and dodgy and I didn't take my test in the end.

    Rescheduling it is then.
    I'm not sure about that, DH was learning last year and he was added onto my insurance, I never saw anything that said he couldn't carry passengers, and he did when we went out to places and took other people in the car.

    Can't find anything concrete on it (cos I've no time to look properly!) but my instructor said it was not permitted??

    Oh well, either way: legal or not, theres no way I'd drive unlicensed with babies/children in the back
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    Morrrrrning!

    :T :T David! I know it wasn't perfect but am glad the poor little guy got at least a little bit more sleep.

    I got my 1st AF last month (5 months old)...not happy at all, I was wishing more for Sugar's 8 months or similar...I was quite happy not having 1 for over a year, I told DH I should just get pregnant again and then I won't have to deal ;).

    We had a good night too - glad the staying up late didn't hideously backfire. But disproves the theory that he wakes up early b/c he goes to bed early - was still up at exactly the same time (5:30am) this morning as usual! Oh well...I can live with it so long as the night is decent.

    The flat looks like an absolute tip (this time I'm not exaggerating) so need to get onto tackling at least a little bit of that...I also have a massive Avon collection to do, which is not my Number One choice of things to do in the heat :p (hiking around with a pushchair that gets gradually heavier under weight of brochures).

    I had this massive, rabid craving for a fruity pavlova last night. Now I think I want some sort of fruity sparkling thing...like Appletiser but berry flavoured. I wonder if they make something like that? I'm sure they do.

    Sugar, I was pulling for the USA (obv), England, Germany and Australia, so 3 out of 4 isn't bad. DH hates that I like Germany, so I like to tease him by rooting crazily for him. He says that all English people hate Germany? I was like !!!!!!, WWII is long over, dude. This is from someone who wants to go to Berlin next year for the marathon! :p:p
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

    would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • Sarah_Joanne
    Sarah_Joanne Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Sugar I would say she is in the wrong, she should be sure of receipt of items before she gets rid of receipts. I would probably open an item not received dispute on ebay.
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    The IL's are coming to take K for the day at 10. They are away the second week we are and the following one so they won't see him for 3 weeks. Fully expect MIL to be on the verge of tears when she brings him back!!
    Just going to go in the bath and hope they don't come early eek!
  • Evansangel
    Evansangel Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Photogenic Combo Breaker
    I was shouting "Per year!!!" at the TV lol...

    DH keeps shouting that at the TV too :rotfl: and then goes on to tell me a really long boring story about his opinions on the budget. I've heard it like 5 times now :rollseyes:
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    I sent one of those to Barclays, and then when they sent another form response I sent it back with the complaint in three different styles ... with a picture. Drawn with crayons (I put the stuff in the speech bubbles in pen though, so it was clear).

    :rotfl::rotfl: Did they respond?

    Mel, congrats! She is beautiful!

    Lily has a new waking time of between 5am and 6am. DH managed to keep her in her cot until 7:30am this morning and now she's gone back to sleep!

    The Ipod i listed on ebay sold for £37.99 :j The buyer emailed me to say 'See i paid, post it tomorrow morning, thanks' :eek:
    I dont even leave the house in the morning :rotfl:

    So i said something along the lines of, that i stated 5 business days in the listing and im busy in the morning, so i will post when i can within the specified time.

    Do you think i'll get a neg? :p

    I dont ev
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    SugarSpun wrote: »
    Right, lovely. Big deep breath.

    Send Aimee off to her room for five minutes.
    Give Caitlyn something to occupy her so she isn't screeching for the same five minutes.
    Sit down with your sick-receptacle within reach.

    Your driving lesson can be rescheduled if you can't think of anyone to mind your littlie, or do you have a carseat you can load her in if your instructor doesn't mind? Your surveyor is supposed to be looking northward of the mess and it doesn't matter anyway because he is a workperson and not someone whose opinion is important to you. And later on you can unload all of this onto Mr Krystal and tell him how embarrassed/mortified you were and insist he finishes the cleaning [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] for you.
    Aimee is at school, the baby is asleep... I'm going to ring the driving instructor in a while...

    I ate toast and jam... I fear I may see it again shortly :(
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,152 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    sugar.. paypal claim!! They'll refund it.. it isn't your problem if she is too stupid to keep them longer.

    Aless.. AF didn't return until DD4 was 16 months.. 2 weeks later I was pg with DD5 lol..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    Sugar I would say she is in the wrong, she should be sure of receipt of items before she gets rid of receipts. I would probably open an item not received dispute on ebay.

    Sellers are supposed to keep proof of postage for 6 months - I started a thread over on the ebay forum. :)

    Mel - huge congrats! I did post last night but OH shut the page down :mad: Remind me how you pronounce Tea again? :o
    lovely pic BTW!!!

    Gill - lovely pic yesterday! We have the same outfit!

    J slept OK last night but bottles at 10.30pm and 4am then in our bed til 7am. Ftizio - you need a big pair of these :cool: when your kept up all night and in work the next day!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.