We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…12701271127312751276…1488

Comments

  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,010 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Thanks for all your lovely comments, on here and fb:)

    I'm off to bed now, hopefully I can grab some ZZZZZZZs but K has been a bit whingy/grumpy today with his teeth......I have dosed him up and fingers crossed he sleeps ok....plus T is very congested/mucusy and keeps gagging on it so I will probably be watching her like a hawk:)

    Good sleepy vibes to all those in need
    xx
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • 3onitsway
    3onitsway Posts: 4,000 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    Thanks for all your lovely comments, on here and fb:)

    I'm off to bed now, hopefully I can grab some ZZZZZZZs but K has been a bit whingy/grumpy today with his teeth......I have dosed him up and fingers crossed he sleeps ok....plus T is very congested/mucusy and keeps gagging on it so I will probably be watching her like a hawk:)

    Good sleepy vibes to all those in need
    xx

    Night night Mel, and very well done. Hope you get some decent bits of sleep.
    She's beautiful, like a little doll!
    I knew you'd had her when you hadn't been on to tell us otherwise this morning! :D
    :beer:
  • gill_81uk
    gill_81uk Posts: 2,851 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Gill - DH and I go without stuff so that we can afford to do the lessons as she gets so much out of them. The best bit is when you're on holiday and your child is there flinging themselves around the swimming pool armband free the horrified looks of other parents is priceless.

    We've had to invest in this as the normal size paddling pools aren't big enough, as she dives in banging her head.

    what age did she start going? and how long do they go for? I know it says the 1st course is 10 wks. I'm trying to convince DH that it's worth it!

    Also, I see your in cheshire. would you mind telling me which one you go to? the nearest aquababies to me is in timperly which isnt that easy to get to
    Mummy to Thomas born April 27th 2010 8lb 5oz
  • Becles
    Becles Posts: 13,187 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    redmel1621 wrote: »


    I was far too busy cuddling my baby girl:j:j:j:j:j

    Yay - congrats. Thats lovely news and I love the piccy. She's gorgeous xx
    We always end up against Germany....or Argentina.....

    If we beat Germany we get to play the winners of Argentina and Mexico :D

    Hope you get something sorted csh - sounds bad *hugs*

    Josh said "bloody hell" this evening, and before I could say anything Charlotte sternly said "don't say that Josh, it's a naughty word" :rotfl:
    Here I go again on my own....
  • MadDogWoman_2
    MadDogWoman_2 Posts: 2,376 Forumite
    gill_81uk wrote: »
    what age did she start going? and how long do they go for? I know it says the 1st course is 10 wks. I'm trying to convince DH that it's worth it!

    Also, I see your in cheshire. would you mind telling me which one you go to? the nearest aquababies to me is in timperly which isnt that easy to get to

    I'm in Northwich, which is the nearest one to me, we do Waterbabies, it's on a Tuesday morning. Katie started going at 5 months old, she's 3 now, I think 4 is the oldest I've known.

    It's most definitely worth it, she has sense around water, on holiday she was actually telling us what she wanted to do.

    HTH
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

  • jennynoo
    jennynoo Posts: 1,516 Forumite
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    No I didn't:p

    I was far too busy cuddling my baby girl:j:j:j:j:j

    xx

    Congratulations!!! Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight, you and T look lovely in the photo, wish I could have looked as good in my post birth photo :)
    :heart:Mum to DD born Oct 2009 :heart:
    :j DS born April 2013 :j
    Breastfeeding peer supporter with the breastfeeding network. National breastfeeding helpline 0300 100 0212.
    :question: Ask me if you have any baby feeding questions :question:
  • jennynoo
    jennynoo Posts: 1,516 Forumite
    Interesting program on BBC4 at the mo, about how men change when they become dads.
    :heart:Mum to DD born Oct 2009 :heart:
    :j DS born April 2013 :j
    Breastfeeding peer supporter with the breastfeeding network. National breastfeeding helpline 0300 100 0212.
    :question: Ask me if you have any baby feeding questions :question:
  • pinkpig08
    pinkpig08 Posts: 2,829 Forumite
    CONGRATULATIONS MEL!!! Just popping on and off - gave C a bath at 7.30, took her and J to bed at 8.45, came downstairs and did an hour and a half of ironing, then did DHs and Js sandwiches, so having a rest now then going to bed in a min :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge #817 £50 banked :)
  • MadDogWoman_2
    MadDogWoman_2 Posts: 2,376 Forumite
    Night everyone,

    Work again in the morning.

    Enjoy cuddling your new addition Mel.

    Sleepy vibes to everyone else.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

  • elle_gee
    elle_gee Posts: 8,584 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Evening all..

    Congrats Mel! :j Well done you xxx Welcome to the world, Tea Anne :D

    Rhys had a fabby day out with Grandma and Grandad who both sound like they had a lot of fun :D He's been zonked out all evening, far too tired to eat his tea, must be all the fresh air. Think we might need a midnight Weetabix snack if he wakes up soon :cool:

    Tomorrow I am finally going to the hospital to get my volunteer ID badge made so I can start volunteering on the Neonatal Unit. Just need to get in touch with the midwife in charge and arrange it :D Then I have to dash back home to meet the community nurse who's coming out to weigh Rhys since he's not been weighed for a month :o And then we're either chilling at home (might consider some tidying) or might go for a wander into town, see how hot it is :cool:

    Hope everyone is okay :) Extra sleep vibes for Hammy and anyone else who wants them xx
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.