We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…12681269127112731274…1488

Comments

  • got-it-spend-it
    got-it-spend-it Posts: 5,016
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    We always end up against Germany....or Argentina.....

    MDW- the toddler lesson are after us and they just look so cute. I can't wait to get to that stage.

    Aless- swimming lessons are undoubtedly the best 'class' that we have done and the only one I am continuing when I go back to work. Would you be able to afford them once you're back at work? They do them weekends as well I think. We did holding onto the side today and Henry was very good at it! Not quite swimming, but a useful skill all the same.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • gill_81uk
    gill_81uk Posts: 2,851
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Mel - huge congrats :)

    Thanks for the info on the necklaces, I'll check them out.

    Kindof - I'm hoping to take Thomas swimming in the next couple of weeks so he'll be too small for the 16lb+ ones so if noone else wants them I would like them please :)

    I can't remember anything else I was going to comment on. We have had one successful attempt at sleep so far, and just trying again now. He seems to have stopped whinging so fingers crossed!

    Doubt I'll make it on tomorrow as we're going to Northampton for the day to see my little sis. She hasn't seen him since he was 4 days old so she's gonna see a massive difference. T will be spoilt rotten with lots of attention and cuddles as Grandma and Grandad are coming too
    Mummy to Thomas born April 27th 2010 8lb 5oz
  • Fitzio
    Fitzio Posts: 2,199 Forumite
    csh wrote: »
    Lots of reasons why I'm excited! :cool: :D Have lots of good things to look forward too at the mo!

    Shoulder is fooked. Yes, thats the technical term, says so on my sick line :p. Also my work are trying to edge me out and have another Asst Manager moving to my store permanently :( Will have to try and stay there til we have another bubba not sure when that'll be tho as ttc plans are a wee bit on hold.

    K was up and down all last night and up for good at 5.45am! What a pest! Not even going to bother doing anything with him as hols on Saturday!!

    No wonder you are excited! Hols on Saturday, woo hoo!
    I am still looking at holidays for September, but just don't know if we can justify the expense.

    Do you think they are trying to replace you by bringing someone new in? Fair enough getting cover whilst you are sick, but seems strange to bring someone permanent in. That's a nightmare.
    Don't really know what's happening with my job either. The new government have put a hold on the English/Welsh version of the new unit I was going to be working in, but Scottish Govt are saying they are going ahead with ours, but who knows. Things can change! They have put the date back so my new job won't start until January now. Will be going back as a general dogsbody doing stuff for anyone who needs me until then I think!

    Right, off to bed to read my book and catch up on some sleep. Although H has been sleeping, I haven't for some reason and I am shattered.

    Night. x
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    OMG! CONGRATULATIONS MEL!!!! She looks beautiful and you look amazing in that photo!! I thought it must have been someone else LOL :D

    Fitzio i think Holly and Amber have switched roles, she's been a nightmare the last 4 nights :mad: She's in her cot crying as we speak but i've been up there since 8pm trying to wind her down, and i was just rocking her in my arms and she could hardly keep her eyes open. As soon as i put her down: "WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH"......etc. :(
    Not sure what else to do but i want to nip this in the bud if it's not teething related! She's had the powders so i don't think she's in any pain?
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Fitzio wrote: »
    No wonder you are excited! Hols on Saturday, woo hoo!
    I am still looking at holidays for September, but just don't know if we can justify the expense.

    Do you think they are trying to replace you by bringing someone new in? Fair enough getting cover whilst you are sick, but seems strange to bring someone permanent in. That's a nightmare.
    Don't really know what's happening with my job either. The new government have put a hold on the English/Welsh version of the new unit I was going to be working in, but Scottish Govt are saying they are going ahead with ours, but who knows. Things can change! They have put the date back so my new job won't start until January now. Will be going back as a general dogsbody doing stuff for anyone who needs me until then I think!

    Right, off to bed to read my book and catch up on some sleep. Although H has been sleeping, I haven't for some reason and I am shattered.

    Night. x


    They didn't cover my maternity so I doubt they want me to stay now I'm PT! Bl0ody knew this would happen!! He doesn't start til mid July so they didn't know if I'd still be sick or not!

    Poor dogsbody Fitzio! That means they'll be flexible with your hours?

    I'm away to bed too. Not been sleeping great either think its the heat.
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    OMG! CONGRATULATIONS MEL!!!! She looks beautiful and you look amazing in that photo!! I thought it must have been someone else LOL :D

    Fitzio i think Holly and Amber have switched roles, she's been a nightmare the last 4 nights :mad: She's in her cot crying as we speak but i've been up there since 8pm trying to wind her down, and i was just rocking her in my arms and she could hardly keep her eyes open. As soon as i put her down: "WAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH"......etc. :(
    Not sure what else to do but i want to nip this in the bud if it's not teething related! She's had the powders so i don't think she's in any pain?


    If in any doubt of teething pain I give calpol. Teeth really seem to affect K getting to sleep, once hes asleep hes 'kinda' OK
  • BeenieCat
    BeenieCat Posts: 6,567
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hmm i will go try some of that but i still hold the memories of trying to give her gripe water so wish me luck :eek: :rotfl:
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    Hmm i will go try some of that but i still hold the memories of trying to give her gripe water so wish me luck :eek: :rotfl:



    I'm always amazed how far 5ml of liquid can go! All over baby and mummy and floor, even up the wall sometimes :rotfl:
  • angelfairy
    angelfairy Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    Hmm i will go try some of that but i still hold the memories of trying to give her gripe water so wish me luck :eek: :rotfl:

    any luck using a syringe??
  • gill_81uk
    gill_81uk Posts: 2,851
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Forumite
    BeenieCat wrote: »
    Hmm i will go try some of that but i still hold the memories of trying to give her gripe water so wish me luck :eek: :rotfl:

    We had an awful time giving T gripewater, it went straight to the back of his throat and he was gasping for breath :eek:

    Gave him the lloyds pharmacy version of calpol yesterday and it was fine, he loved it (it actually smelt so nice I wanted to drink it lol) and we used the syringe that came free in the bounty packs and just released it very very slowly (that's where I went wrong with the gripe water)

    We have full blown crying here too - how does he always know to do this when I fancy a drink! darent have one now incase I end up having to feed him :(
    Mummy to Thomas born April 27th 2010 8lb 5oz
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.