We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…12611262126412661267…1488

Comments

  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    I'm off to a biergarten to watch the game, I think. Will be leaving Stinkeroo here though. She's currently happily cruising round and round her high chair and making happy little noises :rotfl:
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • SusanC_2
    SusanC_2 Posts: 5,344
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    weezl74 wrote: »
    I also think it was a mistake to wait until 25 weeks to give it, since a great deal of the healthy eating benefits would be too late by then, ie folate (should be up to 13.3 weeks)

    I was lucky that we had enough cash for me to build the HipGrant into our budget, knowing I would get it IYSWIM?

    But some folk would actually have to wait to get it, but tht's possibly to late.
    Yes most people don't know they're pregnant until it's too late for folate to make a difference. (Which is why they want to add it to flour.)

    Waiting until 25 weeks would presumably be to do with the abortion limit. All the maternity benefits seem to hinge on passing the 24 week mark. So losing a baby at 23+6 is a miscarriage and the woman doesn't get any leave specifically assosciated with maternity (but would presumably be entitled to leave on compassionate grounds) but at 24 weeks it would be stillbirth and (I believe) would result in entitlement to full maternity leave. Otherwise unscrupulous people could get pregnant, claim lots of money on the basis of the pregnancy and then have an abortion.
    Any question, comment or opinion is not intended to be criticism of anyone else.
    2 Samuel 12:23 Romans 8:28 Psalm 30:5
    "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die"
  • jennynoo
    jennynoo Posts: 1,516 Forumite
    edited 23 June 2010 at 2:42PM
    3onitsway wrote: »
    CSH The postman brought me something very lovely from Kieren's faries this morning. Would you thank them for me - but honestly, there was no need. :kisses3:




    I've done the front now, but you're welcome to tackle the back [STRIKE]jungle[/STRIKE] garden. I'd much rather look after Erin. :D

    The front is looking much better now, i'm proud of myself. I wish i'd done before pics. It was just frazzled grass, edged with huge hedge.

    Now it's;

    download?mid=1%5f315058%5fAOdy%2bFcAAUDgTCH%2bGg55aVNdi5I&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

    download?mid=1%5f316014%5fAOdy%2bFcAAVd8TCIBIgVBE2dt9K0&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1

    Look at my chilli plant to the left, it's got huge ready to eat chillis on it.

    The left hand side of the path i'm not sure what to do with. It's only a small square of grass where the wheelie bins hide and it's very shaded by the fence.

    Oh dear, i've gone all Charlie Dimmock! :o

    I think maybe I should go and jump in the shower before OH gets home and sees my muddy hands and knees. We'll have half an hour alone before the children get home from school/Nans - what shall we do! :p:o (Can you tell that it's very rare for us to be alone!)

    I can't see the pic :(

    ETA: I should have said I'm no good at planting or planning gardens, I just like chopping stuff up and general pruning :)
    :heart:Mum to DD born Oct 2009 :heart:
    :j DS born April 2013 :j
    Breastfeeding peer supporter with the breastfeeding network. National breastfeeding helpline 0300 100 0212.
    :question: Ask me if you have any baby feeding questions :question:
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 23 June 2010 at 2:49PM
    Whats nappies in German?

    Beenie, she has a bad cold. So is grouchy and coughing.
  • csh_2
    csh_2 Posts: 3,294
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Squishy wrote: »
    Hello all,

    has Tara gone on her holidays?

    xx

    Yep. Virtual Hen night next Friday at 9pm!

    That you back from your hols already?
  • got-it-spend-it
    got-it-spend-it Posts: 5,016
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Anyone watching football? A much better show than the first two matches.

    Waterbabies was fab today. We did our first release swim where we let go of baby. Scary but lovely to watch.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • gill_81uk
    gill_81uk Posts: 2,851
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Forumite
    GISI is waterbabies like aquababies? I quite fancy taking T but £10 per lesson plus the special extra nappy seems a lot to spend.

    We're watching the footie...I shouted too loud when we scored and made T cry oops
    Mummy to Thomas born April 27th 2010 8lb 5oz
  • Glamazon
    Glamazon Posts: 8,401 Forumite
    Well I am throughly annoyed! Left a conference to come back for a meeting at 3pm which was moved to 2pm because of the footy :mad:
    No-one thought to phone me! If I had stayed at conference I'd be finishing right now instead of being back at the office fuming.
    They have the footy on a couple of huge screens but everyone is expected to work - yea right!

    Caz - huge hugs hun. Love the hammer story, I would have totally done the same thing and can imagine OH's face if I did that to his prize possession :D I would have also taken the hammer to his balls as well :p

    Pretty good night last night, though he didn't go to bed til 9pm because I got him all excited at bedtime because I was rubbing teething gel on his gums AND ..............................................
    We have a tooth :j:j:j:j 9 months and 20 days :D

    At least I assume it's a tooth! :rotfl:He will not let me look but it feels extremely sharp. Bottom left (his left).

    Gill - Super cute piccie! Jack is wearing the same outfit today and creche have been told to use a cloth bib AND a plastic one so it doesn't get food stains on it!
    A very busy Yummy Mummy to a 1 year old gorgeous boy :smileyhea

    Where does the time go? :think:
  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Glamazon wrote: »

    We have a tooth :j:j:j:j 9 months and 20 days :D


    :T for J's tooth.
  • Sarah_Joanne
    Sarah_Joanne Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    cazscoob wrote: »
    Charlie has used a potty all morning!!!! i am so rpoud of him and he is very pleased with himself shouting 'good boy' i havent tried to potty train him but he is obviously telling me he is ready! i didnt expect it to happen this quick though :D

    we are off out back soon, i will be strong with your support x

    Aww how cute! Clever Charlie :T

    Yey Jack for first tooth!

    Csh fairies say you are very welcome, hope it helps.

    Sling meet was great, Boo's new hair is fab, Isla is too cute, especially with her new teeth and funny grunty smile, the birthday girl was as lovely as ever with her oh so gorgeous boys :)

    I am very tired now though, am definitely going to have an early night tonight.

    I'm watching football too GISI.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.