We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 12

1…114115117119120…1488

Comments

  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite

    Isla's wearing her leopard print babygrow, she look's like a mini Bet Lynch :rotfl:
    :eek::eek::eek:eeeeeep! :rotfl:

    susan another thought, bump size tends to be bigger with PG 2 (well it was for sami and me :o) so possibly if you're thinking of using the same clothes as before, maybe get some things that are a bit bigger than the biggest things you wore last time.

    Also a belly band was v useful with PG 2 but I didn't need it at all with pg 1. You can use it to hold a hot waterbottle on your lower back.

    Also would it be worth getting any HB stuff ready or at least a list of what to assemble so you can just give it to OH if you're too shattered to think of it at the time?

    I have a belly band here and a vid of PG yoga if useful at any point :). Also a labour tens machine.

    All these offers also extend to all my parent club friends.

    Beenie, 20 out of 30 is very high. You sound much more positive and chirpy in your posts, but that is a very high score. Please do look after yourself and rest as much as you can. Hugs for you :(

    caz I don't think I'm very sorted in my own life! How is charlie doing now? And I don't think I know where things are with you and OH, sorry I'm really behindhand.:o

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    SusanC wrote: »
    ETA: And I'm glad you don't think I'm just some crazy weirdo.
    nope! I think you and me are normal and the other 6.9 billion people on the planet are crazy weirdos ;)

    tee hee!

    Can I help with a homebirth kit list?

    :hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    MFD, ignore it. When he throws a strop, don't acknowledge it at all, just take whatever it is off him, make sure he is safe, sit him down etc. Get on with what you are doing and when he calms down talk to him as normal 'now you are calm and in your jacket we can go to the park' kinda thing. Don't try reason 'you can play with that later', it doesn't work, they don't beleive in later and it makes them kick off more. Or thats what I found anyway. I tend to just go in with the 'this is what we need to do and this is what we are doing, you can make it easy or you can make it hard but either way at the end of it, we will be doing this so lets not get snot everywhere while we do it'.
  • workinmummy
    workinmummy Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    SusanC wrote: »

    I'm organised because I'm lazy - it makes life easier..

    ?????
    Have to say I am in total awe of the organisational prowess of Weezl and Susan. I can't even manage to organise whats for tea tonight.


    My assistant keeps saying 'wait until he is 2 - then you will really be pulling your hair out with him' :rotfl::rotfl:

    Joe missed the "terrible twos", his was the "terrifying threes", and now the" sulking sixes". Sorry MFD cannot reassure you that it gets easier........:rotfl:
  • tiamai_d
    tiamai_d Posts: 11,987 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hold on, is Susan pregnant?
  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    tiamai_d wrote: »
    Hold on, is Susan pregnant?

    Nope, she's mega organised in preparing TTC no2 :)
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
  • tiamai_d wrote: »
    MFD, ignore it. When he throws a strop, don't acknowledge it at all, just take whatever it is off him, make sure he is safe, sit him down etc. Get on with what you are doing and when he calms down talk to him as normal 'now you are calm and in your jacket we can go to the park' kinda thing. Don't try reason 'you can play with that later', it doesn't work, they don't beleive in later and it makes them kick off more. Or thats what I found anyway. I tend to just go in with the 'this is what we need to do and this is what we are doing, you can make it easy or you can make it hard but either way at the end of it, we will be doing this so lets not get snot everywhere while we do it'.

    I am trying to ignore where I can...I can't talk to him because he is bawling (and snotting everywhere is so true!!). And when I was writing it down I thought - well 3 in 2 minutes mean that they are not lasting very long at least!!

    I think part of it is that I don't like hubby's reaction to them ( a sigh and rolling his eyes and 'you are going to have to stop this little boy' comment ).




    LOL - ta WM!!!
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2010 at 2:32PM
    weezl74 wrote: »

    :eek::eek::eek:eeeeeep! :rotfl:

    24746_416307185991_681595991_5092607_7376850_n.jpg

    :rotfl::rotfl:M cousin bought her it, ignore the sparkle's around the piccie too! I sent her this piccie to show Isla was wearing her pressie and it came back with sparkles on :) I've just realised too, this piccie was taken about 6 week's ago and her sleeve's are turned up as their too big, their a bit short now. Hmm, today might be it's last outing.
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
  • SugarSpun
    SugarSpun Posts: 8,559 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2010 at 2:35PM
    I just got in from the rental insurance people - it's a German invention where they have a team of housing advisors who write letters and such on your behalf. Apparently our current place is insured but my old place wasn't and so despite us paying fees to them in *case* something happens like my former landlord holding onto my deposit illegally, they won't help :angry:

    And while I was there my minion called, apparently nobody bothered to book the meeting room for the conference we have NEXT WEEK. And all manner of stupid is happening, nobody's organised catering, and the list of participants is missing one crucial one because of an injoke between one person and another (THANKS FOR TELLING US) and one of our keynote speakers has cancelled last-minute...

    So tomorrow I have a meeting to hopefully sort all of this out. Gah.

    Weezl and Susan, I love how organised you both are.

    Beenie, I'm going to send you a PM, lovely :)

    Edit: And I love that picture! AND the babygrow :rotfl:
    Organised Birthdays and Christmas: Spend So Far: £193.75; Saved from RRP £963.76
    Three gifts left to buy
  • boogellyboo
    boogellyboo Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    SS that sound's like a lot of people need setting alight, do you require extra matches? I hope you manage to get everything sorted out.
    Belly Monkey arrived 19.11.09 :j
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.