Slimming World - Extra Easy weight loss!!

Options

Comments

• MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    oohhhh this must be fate...do you have room for another not so small one? :D

I joined on line yesterday and could really do with everyone on here as Im a WW girl usually... I decided to try slimming world as I thought it might be a shock to my system ...and I can stop thinking about points :D
    I will be much better once my booklets and things arrive... then I will know Im getting it right (much easier to read books than navigate the site):rotfl:
    Im doing Extra Easy -so please tell me if I have something wrong :o

Todays meals have been/will be
    • 2 weetabix with milk -(full milk so Im using a healthy extra A)
    • apple
    • huge salad with steamed potatoes and boiled ham
    • 2 apples
    dinner Im having roasted carrots, parsnips, onions and peppers with steamed cauli and broccoli and salmon fillet....

Hope to get lots of hints and tips on here..
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • mrsmortenharket
    Options
    Sorry, didn't realise there was a new thread!

Am posting this here again cos I am so happy!!!!

I HAVE DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :j

I have achieved my target weight! I am 8st 9lbs!!! :j

Started on June 15th last year!!!!!

I am Quite Pleased!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :j :j :j

Lisa x
  • epatolles
    epatolles Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options
    can I just point out that I love slimming world chips!! hehe! anyone who is yet to make them they are AMAZING!

got a dress to slim into need to lose about 4-5 inches to get in comfortably i think so might have a few days on free stuff and try and cut out some syns to give myself a little more of a kick lol
  • epatolles
    epatolles Posts: 192 Forumite
    Options

Lisa x

how do you find maintaining your weight? i've still got a LONG way to go but terrified of putting it all back on and more :-S
  • Vixie_Pixie
    Vixie_Pixie Posts: 886 Forumite
    Options
    Woo shiny new thread!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Well done all you losers!!!!! :p

Today is Green

B - 28g Jordans Museli(heb1) with milk (hea1) cup of tea and w/g crackerbread with low sugar jam (rest of heb1 + 1syn)

L- Cheese (lowlow hea2) omelette, bag of ryvita minis (heb2) and banana

D - Mushroom pasta - am using a can of low fat mushroom soup for the sauce - 7 syns for the can but will be going 3 ways so have rounded up to 2.5 syns.

S - pink and white (2.5)

4 walkers sensations oriental crackers (??)- i weighed out 28g which amounted to 27 crackers... 28g is 7.5 syns - so according to my calculations they are approximately 0.3 syn per cracker... so on that basis 4 crackers = 1.2 syns therefore rounded up to 1.5.... does that sound about right?????

Total syns 7.5 :)
    All hail to the sale!!!!!! :beer:

new beginnings...... new successes..
  • whoopidoo
    whoopidoo Posts: 1,549 Forumite
    edited 19 April 2010 at 4:48PM
    Options
    caela wrote: »
    Hiya,

Sounds like we are looking to lose roughly the same amount. I started off at 16st 7lbs and I'm really feeling the benefit. Having a look at your blog now :)

My tips to slimmers are to keep track of your weight at the doctors, it makes it so much easier to see the changes over the years. I've also been watching loads of shows about obesity, just anything to keep my mind on track and remind myself how serious it can be. The health effects of my weight are quite scary and I have to keep telling myself that chocolate cake that looks yummy and friendly is really trying to kill me! Lol.

Another hugely helpful thing, which I wish people would do, is show you what a pound of fat looks like. It's actually a lot heavier than you think. My dad has some weights that are 3 stone together and they are crazy heavy! I couldn't even lift them more than a few times and to think I'm hauling that around in excess weight really brought it into perspective. It's not just a few inches on my waist, it's a very heavy load on my body. I walked up and down the stairs with the weights and was out of breath. Try getting some heavy books and weighing them on your scales to see how much a stone is, that way when you lose any weight, you'll can see what it looks like. Even losing a pound is a massive amount, just weigh it out and see! At the start, I had 6 stone to lose and was so worried that I couldn't do it, that I didn't even want to try. I had to start off just trying to 'neaten up' by losing a pound or two, just to fit my jeans better. It can be done though and once you start doing it, you're surprised at how easy it is and wonder why you didn't just start sooner. I've honestly not really suffered for my diet, at the weight I am, it just comes flying off. So if you're really over-weight like me, don't be disheartened, if anything, we've got it easier :p

Sorry to babbly on lol just sharing my experience!

Good luck all!

Thanks for this :)

I put it into perspective when I look at my toddler. At nearly 3 she weighs 2 stone and when I pick her up now it really does my back in and I'm horrified when I think I'm carrying round 2 of her in fat! Blech!

Lisa x

Quite pleased? Is that the understatement of the year? ;) Well done, that's brilliant :D :T:T:T:T:T:T:T
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    oohhhh this must be fate...do you have room for another not so small one? :D

I joined on line yesterday and could really do with everyone on here as Im a WW girl usually... I decided to try slimming world as I thought it might be a shock to my system ...and I can stop thinking about points :D
    I will be much better once my booklets and things arrive... then I will know Im getting it right (much easier to read books than navigate the site):rotfl:
    Im doing Extra Easy -so please tell me if I have something wrong :o

Todays meals have been/will be
    • 2 weetabix with milk -(full milk so Im using a healthy extra A)
    • apple
    • huge salad with steamed potatoes and boiled ham
    • 2 apples
    dinner Im having roasted carrots, parsnips, onions and peppers with steamed cauli and broccoli and salmon fillet....

Hope to get lots of hints and tips on here..

I think you could put the weetabix down as your healthy option b as well, that's what I did this morning. Are you using that spray oil on your roasted veggies? :D I'm a newbie too, only been going 3 weeks. I don't know if you'll be like me but it took me a week before I could mentally bin the WW points system, where you have to point the fruit and some veg on that it's so fab that you don't on this but I was still thinking ' well surely I can't REALLY eat that much if it's pointed on WW' once I stopped doing that I was away :o;)
    :staradminHuuuuuuge thank you hugs to all posters:staradmin
  • the_devil_made_me_do_it
    Options
    Has anyone tried this diet who has had their gall bladder removed & if so, how are you finding it? I would be looking to do the veggie version of this diet plan.
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Whoopidoo

I have used extra virgin olive oil at 2 sins for 1 tsp ....I think that is right:o
    So I can have my weetabix as a healthy extra and my milk is that right?...

I have loads to lose so I will change down to semi milk (once the full is used up)
    I Know what you mean about WW -I eat enough fruit to keep a baby gorilla happy, so SW counting it as free is a super bonus -Im sure I will get to grips with it once I have my books and can sit and absorb the info.
    Thanks for your help :T-Im sure I will need loads more before Im done ;)
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • sukibix
    sukibix Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hey everyone!

This is my first week of trying to get off 10lb I put on whilst struggling with WW maintenance plan, and not eating enough so bingeing. With SW I'm already in a much better place due to the free foods available.

I'm following EE this week, and will likely more than not generally follow green days afterwards as I'm worried with EE I won't lose!

Today's menu:

HE -A = Milk
    HE - B = Tbsp Olive Oil (dinner)

Syns - 4 x rich tea and extra milk - 9 syns

B - Mullerlight with chopped banana

S - Banana

L - Salad, cous cous, turkey peices, apple and Mullerlight

S - Apple and banana (no more banana's - I am addicted!)

D - EL Pork escalope, Actifry potato wedges, peas, cabbage & leek, carrots, and then Quark/muller light ice cream (giving this a go in my ice cream maker)

S - 4 x rich tea at 9 pm ish when I always need a sweet nibble!

Does this look ok, as I seem to be eating a lot! although it would seem a lot in comparison to trying to maintain on WW where even fruit is pointed - can't maintain like that!

How is everyone doing?

x
    10.5 stone gone.
    Now to mantain!
    NHS Tummy tuck & quit smoking 04.02.2010
  • sukibix
    sukibix Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    MRSMCAWBER wrote: »
    Thanks Whoopidoo

I have used extra virgin olive oil at 2 sins for 1 tsp ....I think that is right:o
    So I can have my weetabix as a healthy extra and my milk is that right?...

I have loads to lose so I will change down to semi milk (once the full is used up)
    I Know what you mean about WW -I eat enough fruit to keep a baby gorilla happy, so SW counting it as free is a super bonus -Im sure I will get to grips with it once I have my books and can sit and absorb the info.
    Thanks for your help :T-Im sure I will need loads more before Im done ;)

are you doing Extra Easy if so you can have olive oil (1 TBSP) as a healthy extra:)
    10.5 stone gone.
    Now to mantain!
    NHS Tummy tuck & quit smoking 04.02.2010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills