Better Bathrooms.com complaint

Options

Comments

• stever58
    Options
    THIS IS A GENUINE REVIEW OF BETTER BATHROOMS (read crap bathrooms)
    AND HOW THEY TREAT CUSTOMERS........

well we ordered a full bathroom suite in may and was told it was in stock and would be delivered may 14th.
    may 14th came and went and and if we had not chased it we would still be waiting.
    as many have said once they have your money you might as well say goodbye to it as they do not keep to what they tell you.
    after being on the phone for over 30 minutes the customer service manager (LISA) promised me IT would all be delivered less shower screen on the sunday ..
    ok it was delivered on the sunday but no toilet pan after another call to them i was told it would be in stock at the end of may (no good when people are booked to do work) told them this and was told tough don't book a fitter untill your bathroom has been delivered ( YOU'RE ONLY A WEEK LATE DELIVERING IT).
    so far i have made 3 trips to leigh and have still had to buy the toilet pan from a REPUTABLE company.
    i have given the CEO MR COLIN STEVENS a chance to ring me and get it sorted but he has not got the bottle to (kfc springs to mind CHICKEN).
    there advert/website states 7 day money back g/tee but they don,t tell you it is a credit note to use in their store (WHO WOULD WANT TO GO BACK).
    SO AVOID AVOID AVOID YOU WILL ONLY BE UPSET ..
    i should have done more research before buying but we thought nice showroom etc but like i said once they have your money thats when the it all ends..
    SO PLEASE READ ALL REVIEWS NOT THE ONES ON THEIR WEBSITE AS THEY WILL DELETE ANY NEGATIVE ONES....
  • mr51bro
    mr51bro Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you all for your feedback, i found this thread whilst shopping for a cheaper bathroom suite and will be steering well clear.:beer:
  • Hi, I had to register just so I could vent my frustration, hope you like my username.

I bought 3 items in the TD white gloss range from them in March as we were having our ensuite done, courier delivered (along with items from another company) and was there literally 5 minutes so not 20 as advertised. I unboxed everything, the units looked fine, the separate procelain tops looked fine, I put them back in the box to ensure they did not drop and break. The plumber came while we on holiday and installed everything and then I noticed the porcelain tops were different shades of white.

I contacted them (always by email or instant chat), they were fine and said they would despatch some more, they then emailed and said they had checked them at the warehouse and the new ones were all fine.

New tops arrived, exactly the same problem, within 10 minutes I had taken photo's and sent off to them explaining the problem, they replied and said they then checked all the current stock and they all had the same problem (so someone had obviously lied when they said they had checked it).

I tried to work with them, telling them if they could not supply a replacement I would accept a suitable offer of compensation to source my own tops but would want not want to put something really cheap on it (the total of the 2 cupboards and toilet/cistern and cabinet was £490) they came back and offered me 20% of the cheapest unit back so £20, I rejected this and they then offered £40 which I rejected again. Eventually they got quite stroppy telling me that they would accept it all back for a refund, but, as it's been fitted it would cost more to remove, put right the drilled tiles and post it all back.

On their T&C's it does state that if a fault occurs after installation they will pay a reasonable amount to de-install it all but they claim I should have spotted it when it was delivered (I checked each unit but did not line them all up together) but I argued back that how can they say that when in an email they told me the replacement tops they were sending were correct.

It got nowhere so I referred it to my CC provider, they asked for evidence, i sent them about 100 pages of emails, chat transcripts and photos, pointing out where I believe I am in the right, I don't want a full refund, I just want enough to put a decent worktop on the 3 units.

Last week the CC company rejected it saying that as they offered to take back the items I should go with that, I did argue back that it's fitted and to get a builder to unplumb the toilet, remove the other items, replace the tiles that the cupboards were screwed to, and fit a new toilet and then post them back would cost more than it was worth but they were having none of it.

I then emailed BB twice to say I would accept the partial compensation but have not even had a reply.

WHAT A SHAMBLES OF A COMPANY. It makes me so mad everytime I see them advertising and when I make comments about them on their social media they seems to disappear.

Only good thing is that my neighbour was going to use them and since this has happened he has gone elsewhere so they have lost an order far in excess of what they refused me.
  • Yoli
    Options
    Hi.
    After experiencing the most shocking treatment from Better Bathrooms myself I believe their "28 day money guaranty" and most claims in their web site are false and misleading.

I tried to return the goods strait after receiving them (as they didn't fit their purpose).
    After many phone calls and talking to their very rude and unhelpful Customer Service staff, finally, one of them told me I needed to print a Collection Note with a Return authorisation number and then arrange my own return at my own expense. I did all that and used the same Transport company they use to deliver the goods back to their ware house.

On arrival, they refused the whole consignment for no valid reason,
    as the items were brand new and in the original package..

After another load of phone calls one of their customers service told me to send them back again as, this time, she would send an email to their ware house asking them to accept them.

When the items arrived to them for the second time they refused them again!! So at the end I ended up loosing the goods (as they ended up somewhere in their local depot) plus the money I paid for them to be transported backwards and forwards twice and the money I paid for them..

This people are braking the law everyday...
    How long more are they going to keep getting away with murder?

I sent several letters to their Head Office and emails, and all I got was a phone call from a bully called Ashley Harris that didn't let me talk to tell me it's not their problem, and that they never received my goods..
    And of course braining me and the Transport company not to take any responsibility for their fraudulent actions...
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yoli wrote: »
    Hi.
    After experiencing the most shocking treatment from Better Bathrooms myself I believe their "28 day money guaranty" and most claims in their web site are false and misleading.

I tried to return the goods strait after receiving them (as they didn't fit their purpose).
    After many phone calls and talking to their very rude and unhelpful Customer Service staff, finally, one of them told me I needed to print a Collection Note with a Return authorisation number and then arrange my own return at my own expense. I did all that and used the same Transport company they use to deliver the goods back to their ware house.

After another load of phone calls one of their customers service told me to send them back again as, this time, she would send an email to their ware house asking them to accept them.

When the items arrived to them for the second time they refused them again!! So at the end I ended up loosing the goods (as they ended up somewhere in their local depot) plus the money I paid for them to be transported backwards and forwards twice and the money I paid for them..

I sent several letters to their Head Office and emails, and all I got was a phone call from a bully called Ashley Harris that didn't let me talk to tell me it's not their problem, and that they never received my goods..
    And of course braining me and the Transport company not to take any responsibility for their fraudulent actions...
    The company that you hired to transport your goods are responsible for your goods.

If the courier has lost your goods, them you should be seeking compensation from them.

Did you have suitable insurance cover in place?
  • Yoli
    Options
    PeakT wrote: »
    Anyone think this deserves it's own website?
    I could set it up..names..comments?
    I have also just had a rubbish experience of Better Bathrooms not replacing a broken cistern because the fault was discovered at 5 months after order date - but the product, a broken toilet cistern, had been sat untouched in a box waiting for the plumbers to be ready to fit it.

Yes, I totally agree with you this should be in the MEDIA.
    I am also going to report them to TRAIDING STANDARDS,
    Hopefully if we all do so, they will do something about it!!
  • Yoli
    Options

I bough a Shower, a shower tray, a toilet and cistern from Better Bathrooms.

• Yoli
    Options
    wealdroam wrote: »
    The company that you hired to transport your goods are responsible for your goods.

If the courier has lost your goods, them you should be seeking compensation from them.

Did you have suitable insurance cover in place?

The transport company is Baldry International.
    I paid them £42 and they game me a receipt when they collected the goods.

They tried to help me by pointing out to Better Bathrooms that the items were correctly packaged and palletised but Better Bathrooms still refused to accept them.

They sent me an email saying:
    "I did think it was strange that a large company would reject un damaged items"

At the end it got too embarrassing to keep making go backwards and forwards for nothing.

To avoid having to charge me another £42 to bring them back again to my home the sent me the following email:

"I have just had confirmation that Better Bathrooms has rejected the entire consignment again". (After they had told me to send them back) "If possible I would try to put the emphases for returning the goods back on Better Bathrooms as they can organise this through the network and the consignment is currently held at their local depot"

After that, I notified Better Bathrooms that the goods were waiting at their Local depot and just wasted more time, money and effort trying to communicate with them what went no where...
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yoli wrote: »
    "I have just had confirmation that Better Bathrooms has rejected the entire consignment again". (After they had told me to send them back) "If possible I would try to put the emphases for returning the goods back on Better Bathrooms as they can organise this through the network and the consignment is currently held at their local depot"

So the courier hasn't lost your goods... they are kindly looking after them for you.

Not quite what you said earlier, is it? ;)
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Whose local depot- the courier's or Better Bathrooms'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts