Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,964 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I’ve just realised that its come to the end of my live on £20 a day easter budget. I did manage to stick to it and even eeked out enough to pay for flights to Rome next year :T The plan was to pay for a mini break during the last couple of months, so i’m half way there.

Time to set new targets then:

From now until 1st June there are forty days, so my target is to put together as big an extra op as I can manage in that timeframe, hopefully close to £150 as possible. My permanent budget is now £20 a day anyway so that’s no longer a challenge :o

Ideas to get there are:

Trying to reduce food budget a tiny bit

Bank switch (May take a little longer to arrive!)

Ebay selling

Tilly tidies

Cashback payouts

I’ll try to make an effort to post daily and keep track :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,941 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan NG! :)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• newgirly
    Options
    Thanks vix :)

Today’s effort towards the extra op challenge is a big current account Tilly tidy which has been overdue a while of £24.42 :D

The bad news today is our wages are lower due to the new higher pension payments we have to make, we are £55 pm worse off so the new mortgage monthly payment will be £790.19 plus interest, all the more reason to find extra to op :o
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,941 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Nice Tilly Tidy :D

It's frustrating, but at least you will (hopefully!) get the benefit of the pension in the future - it all helps, one way or the other! That's a big mortgage payment though!

Have a good day!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• newgirly
    Options
    Hi vix and thanks, hopefully I will see the benefit of the pension :D

Not much to report today, payday is tomorrow so hopefully plenty to update then. Still keeping the spending at a minimum, past experience says that probably won’t last :rotfl:
  • newgirly
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    APRIL update!

Start figures 1st Jan 2019

Mortgage £79,000

Total at April 5th 2019

Mortgage £75,073.14

Total at April 25th 2019

Mortgage. £72,866.48

Total April reduction: £2,206.66

Total reduction so far this year: £6133.52
  • newgirly
    Options
    Figures all done and are very positive again :j

I’ve got ahead of myself and overpaid money that’s not due to hit the account yet (which kind of means a double payment this month of the bonus business money) plus I’ve paid another £400 that’s not gone to the driving lesson/car fund. Plus I’ve op’d rent from the boys for this week and also the cruise spending money of £200. Phew :D

Cruise spending money should be minimal (parking £95 and a bit for misc. stuff) as dh is paying for the drinks and I’ve already prepaid for the day trip and three speciality restaurant evenings. I shall take it from the holiday saving pot.

I just fancied going for it again this month mortgage wise, I’ll feel a lot happier when we go down to the £60k’s from the £70k’s :o

Up late tonight waiting for dh to get home from working late, not because I’m desperate to see him, but because he has my delivery of everything five pounds clothes that were delivered to work today - exciting times :rotfl::rotfl:
  • newgirly
    Options
    Where have the last few days gone? Not much to report here except a serious lack of sleep due to ds2 deciding to stay out all night and let his phone go flat, I think I used to get more sleep with newnborn twins and a toddler :rotfl:

Just made another lovely large op today, this time it’s my £2 savings from piggy - £94 :T together with the Tilly tidy the other day that’s already £118.42 of the £150 target and I still have until the 1st June.

It’s left me with about £60 cash until June though and I need to save for highlights and a cut before the cruise. When I get to the £150 target I shall stop and switch to trying to get together some hairdresser savings :D

Petrol budget empty although there should be enough if I’m careful, food budget has £73.80 left until 5th May.

So a super frugal May is in order :money:
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow , your paying out figures are fantastic x
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • newgirly
    Options
    Thanks mfd’s :D

Little bit of spending done today , I've re joined WW again. I’ve actually been doing really well on mfp (apart from since easter!) and got down the same as my lowest ever weight on WW previously. However my best friend has not been finding it so easy and although she told me not to rejoin I felt I should as we always go together :o so I’ve signed for a three month deal, first month free, second and third £21.45 pm.
    I’ve got just over a stone left to lose and will probably still count calories and use mfp as it allows more freedom, but I can go each week and get weighed with her and it might inspire me to make the last push to get target. The cost will come from my fun budget, not that dieting is much fun :rotfl:

More ideas needed to up my income I think!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback