Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I always worry when you're down on page 4 Newgirly!!

How was your girly trip?
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi cath :) girly trip was good thanks, rather tiring but they really enjoyed it. I spent £166 while there, not bad as we did have one lunch, two dinners and afternoon on tea at Betty’s, cabs to the station, entrance to the Minster,plus a lot of coffee/ drink pit stops :D

Back trying to be a cheapskate again now though, (although I am out for dinner tonight with a couple of friends :o) that aside I’m fully back on it :money:

I need to update March’s ops now a little later than usual!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    MARCH update!

Start figures 1st Jan 2019

Mortgage £79,000

Total at Feb 28th 2019

Mortgage £ 77,256

Total April 5th 2019 2019

Mortgage £75,073.14

Total March reduction :

£2,182.86

Total reduction this year:

£3926.86

£1426.86 Ahead of schedule for 2019 :j

2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    Finally posted March’s figures, and I took the plunge and decided to count the regular saver money as an op (one year 5% rate) it was originally going to the holiday/save for Dd moving out pot - but I’ve changed my mind :D

Still will be continuing from this month on to save for it as well as the car pot.

Daily spending went under budget by £84 :eek: that got snowballed into this months lovely big op too.
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    Options
    Great 2019 reductions!!

Good to hear you have a good break, we need some fun along this frugal (at times) journey to mortgage freedom.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • Firegirl
    Firegirl Posts: 934 Forumite
    Options
    Ahead of schedule!!!!! Well done:beer:
    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

Retirement Planning
    Starting Position : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • newgirly
    Options
    Thanks Cath and firegirl :)

Busy day yesterday, Dd is going to the Olivier awards today and was not as prepared as she needs to be. Instead of sorting it she went to visit her boyfriends nan which is very sweet but meant I was the one racing round the shopping centre late last night buying bras and tights - she seemed to think an old grey bra is ok peeping from a floor length gown :rotfl: we have a makeup artist coming to our house this morning. The lady she was going with can’t go so she is taking a friend as of last night. Not sure the friend will turn up with a suitable dress - it’s proper red carpet :eek: dd Is very calm and I’m quite stressed about it all :o

Besides that not much planned today except a bit of cleaning and hopefully a lot of tea and Netflix, followed by watching the awards, although I’m sure I won’t spot dd :rotfl:

Went to look at new houses yesterday, more for a nosey and a drive out really. They are building a small estate right by my favourite shopping centre (aka my second home !) I have not looked at new houses for years! Very tempted as they as so much cheaper than they would be where we live and they are lovely and new. But a strange location as they are literally in the middle of a retail park virtually.

Feeling a little bored I guess at the moment, moving where we currently live is a no go unless we downsize AND up the mortgage.
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,904 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Lucky DD getting to go to the Olivier's! Hope she has a wonderful time (and friend turns up with appropriate dress! :eek: )

Stay put and pay that mortgage off NG! Living in a retail park would be such a temptation you'd never pay the mortgage off! :P
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• newgirly
    Options
    Oops sorry vix, I wrote a reply then didn’t post!

We sorted dds friend in the end, she borrowed the whole outfit from my wardrobe. The Photos look good as they are right by the stage, apparently, spitting distance from Tom Hiddleston :D

I shall continue oping the mortgage though , even if I could save a fortune on petrol not driving to the shopping centre :o
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,904 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Wow, Olivier's sound fab - lucky DD! I hope she wasn't spitting at TH, probably not the best way to get an introduction ;)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback