Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    It was far too hot to iron yesterday, so don't feel guilty about that!

Well done for not booking the cruise - stay strong!!

I agree with Alex about getting sleep - if you can't stay awake then don't set the alarms! It's really not good and they would ring you if they needed help - they sound like sensible, intelligent boys who would stick together/with someone/do the sensible thing.

I'd recommend the sleep hypnosis thing. Don't rely on it entirely, but I used hypnosis to get over a phobia and it included listening to something as I went to bed. It's amazing what a difference it makes.
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,949 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi vix, I appreciate the comments, not sure how sensible they are - ds2 slept in all his clothes including boots last night :eek:

Glad to hear the hypnosis worked for you, I'm looking for a way that doesn't make everything feel such hard work!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Was he cold?!! (Sorry, I realise I shouldn't give parenting advice.... but I'm pretty sure neither my parents nor my DH's parents were quite so concerned when we were out late once we were in the swing of it, IYSWIM. You're a very caring and considerate parent, but you do need sleep!
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• newgirly
    Options
    Not cold - drunk!

I see what you are saying but I'm still in the transitional phase of letting go :rotfl:

Ventured back to the gym today, easing in gently i.e. Quick work out followed by a sandwich with best friend while we discussed holiday plans. We have almost decided on a very nice hotel in Majorca, a fair bit dearer than I'd planned , she found a cheaper one origionally but this does look very good and is in a great location.

I've slightly balanced the cost by flying from Southend and back via stansted, better times and cheaper so more cash to spend on the hotel, just need to ask dh for a lift first. I'll have another look through tripadvisor and hopefully book soon. :j

Don't want to tempt fate but ds2 has mentioned he may want to go to uni next year, ive tried to suggest we could try and get him in this year but don't want to push too hard plus It still also may not be that easy, it's a bit of progress at least!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    All sounds good, NG. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • newgirly
    Options
    Thanks Alex :)

TUESDAY:

* get through the day at work, I'm tired!

* continue Paul mc kennas app daily - love be it so far , especially the night time talk

* clean bathrooms

* plan weekend, dh is going to a beer festival with little brother which I'll skip, may force ds2 to see the new jurrasssic world film, don't want to spend the weekend being lazy :D

* hopefully sort holiday

* Early night - ds1 at libertines concert in Camden last night, so picked him up from station late ( I know!......... did get an hour or so sleep before hand)

*get out of bed, I'm already late :rotfl:
  • newgirly
    Options
    Holiday booked :j well, three night weekend away :D total cost £438 booking flights and hotel separately , 10% discount code and 9% tcb, it's a good deal for a pretty nice hotel, the fact it's a weekend did bump the price up but its a lot easier for best friend with the kids and her dh taking time off.

Went out for an unplanned curry last night with friends as it was one of their birthdays and we hadn't met up last week, great evening and £30 spent which was not bad for the vast amount of food and drinks :beer:

Back on the cheapskate bandwagon now though :)

THURSDAY:

* Spend the day with best friend chatting and doing a bit of shopping (of the sensible type - shampoo etc. Not new clothes :D)

* rejig finances - door estimate as come in at £1100 incl. fitting which is not too bad, it was about £1300 online not sure whether dh will fix the front wall which needs rebuilding (it would save us £££ and he is capable just not willing :rotfl:)

* washing

* have a look at the M&S dine in deal- I've a £5 off £35 spend too, we have a friend from work staying over again Saturday for a BBQ in the evening (after he and dh spend the day at a beer festival !) it may be worth buying posh stuff with the discounts :D

* Plan capsule hand luggage only holiday wardrobe - I only have three months to do this :rotfl::rotfl:
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »
    * Plan capsule hand luggage only holiday wardrobe - I only have three months to do this :rotfl::rotfl:

Is this for the girly weekend, ng? - or another holiday? If it's the former then easily done, surely...? (I've done a weekend with just a big handbag! :D)

I think you'd be a fab friend to have in RL, btw :kisses3: - lots of fun to be around! :D x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • newgirly
    Options
    Thanks greent, what a lovely thing to say!

I have no idea how you could go away with a big handbag :eek: I would fill the big handbag with my other handbags alone :rotfl::rotfl:

We did manage hamdluggage on our girly three nighter last year but it was with BA so you could also take a handbag, is year is Ryan air so just the cabin case, it will be a challenge :D

Great day shopping, didn't get to marks so money saved there, I did buy a "bounce back" straw hat for holiday £4 in primarni, plus some watermelon print flip flops 90p - can't complain at those prices for a splurge.
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I spend more on lunch, NG. :rotfl:
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing