🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• smallholdingsister
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! And Paracetamol is definitely a reasonable response.
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,979 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks shs and cath :)

The log cabin still has toot in it waiting to go to the garage we are renting over the road.

The party is in the house, the couple of antique things from granny and dad that I love are up in the loft room, coffee table going to the log cabin and all surfaces covered with disposable tablecloths and coasters, not that I don't trust them of course :rotfl:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    The party was ok, lots of drunk teenagers but a nice atmosphere, I've already cleared up :D

Dh and I took Dd out for a cocktail and wandered up to a to a Mediterranean restaurant, only a main course and one drink each but still yet more spending :o

It was payday on Wednesday and I've still not done the money shuffle , bit worried something may have bounced so I need to sort it out today.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    Ive had a glorious wasted day, fully planned I might add :D

Bit of washing done, cooked a lasagne and jackets, watched lots of Hannibal on DVD and am about to finally do the money shuffle - the virgin one account has been offline all day ( where the wages are) and their contact lines are only open mon-sat, pretty bad.......

Back later with a financial update :)
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a wonderful day!
  • newgirly
    Options
    Too tired to do an update now, will post it tomorrow. It's a lower mortgage payment for the first month of around £1640 ish I think, from sept it will be higher.

I'm struggling to stick to WW properly at the moment, some days it's fine but a lot of the time I'm eating very low cal foods so I can eat and drink out as well some days :o

I've kind of got bored with the same things and am getting sick of eating lots of fruit and veg just because it's 0 points. I understand they work the points to re-educate you to make low fat/sugar choices, but when a load of grapes and a banana are free but a 20 cal cal light cheese triangle is one of your 30 daily points, it doesn't always seem logical.

I know it will work if I stick to it, I'm just a bit bored with it at the moment and am not making much progress.:(

Total weight lost since about Jan 2016 (I think !) 25lb , but only 11lb of that is since joining WW at the end of this may. It's pretty slow for the suffering :rotfl:

I might take a few days off until thurs weigh in day and give mfp a go and eat different food, up the calories counted and cut down and track the fruit, I've just been on the hungry healthy happy blog and there are so many great receipes I want to try which would be too high in points usually.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Belated happy anniversary wishes :)

I struggled with WW - I don't think it really re-educates you - it's all too easy to eat lots of free veg and then spend points on alcohol. Same for SW really. I've also never understood why it's acceptable to eat a plate full of bananas & strawberries but not something I want which is far less calories (ok - you can do it - but the points/ syn value is often way out of line) I'm trying to work on a calorie deficit of c 500/ day, calculated with MFP (although a faff) and would ultimately like to track macros (although that's beyond me right now! :D)

Still 25lb is not to be sniffed at in any way - well done!
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hi greent, great to have another point of view :) I did spend a few days initially tracking calories alongside points to see the difference and the reality was on days when I stuck to the WW points allowance and I was eating LOADS of fruit and salad and some veg, I was still only on around 1300 a day. That may be the reason why I would go over on some days.

Have you had success sticking with mfp? I always used to not track properly after a few days, but as I'm ok with tracking no on WW now So know I will be more likely to stick with it.
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Always seems to be a party / meal out going on here! Well done re. Weight loss. I think the principle may be something along the lines of it not purely being about how many calories you consume per day but the types of food you're eating? Fruit / veg has different properties to cheese, for instance. We need both for different things. Cannot understand the logic in paying for weight watchers etc. When there is a lot of nutritional advice there for free (internet, library etc.).
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to wade in mid convo but I've always found MFP to be great, as long as you religiously track what you eat & drink it really helps make me more aware of food decisions and has slowly helped readjust me to more normal portion sizes (:o)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure