🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Too big trousers isn't the worst issue to have though!

Hope the workman is ok...
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I missed the potential mortgage for the factory. Really hope it works out, NG. :)
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Morning. What are you up to today?
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,979 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank Alex :)

Hi shs, thank you for asking :D I've been out for two walk/ runs :eek: done an ald* shop, met my aunt and mum for coffee at the shops and bought some rather lovely Harry Potter pjs from primarni , button up shirt style with shorts, and a pen that looks like a wand (also for me :rotfl:) nothing earth shattering, hope you have a good day :D

Payday in a few days, less being paid off this month, but still on track to clear in the 24 or 22 month months all going well.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    I've just checked the mfw 2017 update and I have set a target of £38,545 k this year, I'm way off schedule and am not sure why I set it so high! That's just over 64% of our take home :eek:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It may be high but i bet you dont end up too far away!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hectic day at work, followed by a quick trip to buy ponchos and an inflatable pillow for ds1 who is off to reading festival. He probably shouldn't be allowed to go as he needed his mummy to buy his bits, get his clothes ready and make sure he had everything he needed :rotfl: I'm not cruel enough to let him get on with it though! So he has everything from gaffer tape to dry shampoo, including a "dolly" with two crates of beer for him and his friend's.

Paper work has gone off for the mortgage, bizarre as the bank manager wanted three months business bank statements and three YEARS personal ones?! It's a commercial mortgage not guaranteed personally by us , so I would have thought business finances were at least as important if not more so.

Now dh has a print out of all my spending for the last three years, it seems to be 50% primark, 50% costa basically :o
  • newgirly
    Options
    It was our anniversary yesterday, 21 years - exactly half of my life married to dh :) we went to prezzo for dinner (Bogof :money:) which was nice.

Not so great for WW weigh in today, 2lb on this week, I'm gutted as I've been out almost everyday sometimes twice a day walking /running. WW lady says often when you start to excercise it can initially put weight on. We shall see what happens next week!

Best friend signed us up to bootcamp tonight, awful :eek: it didn't start until 8.30 and was in the park so it was really dark, she looked about 12 and didn't warm us up that well, no music and then bats started flapping over us, not fun..... I'm now in bed in agony, as we walked back to the car I said "well what do you have to say for yourself " best friend just replied , "yes ok sorry" :rotfl::rotfl:

Back to the drawing board, but it's looking like we will be joining the gym again soon, much safer :T

Ds2 is having a party at our house tomorrow night, a belated birthday one. I will be very glad when it's Saturday and I can have a rest :D
  • newgirly
    Options
    Party day :eek:

I'm jus debating whether paracetamol is excessive for agonising aching legs from bootcamp :rotfl:

To do:

Make sure dh comes him every early to clear bathroom rubble from front garden - only been nagging a month or so, he has a van and e factory is next to a tip!

Clean whole house

Move coffee table to a place of safety - I love my 70s gplan glass table and won't risk a no coaster situation :rotfl:

Make granny's 50s bookcase safe - not sure how yet - throw a sheet over it ? I'm not usually super houseproud but drunk teenagers and my special furniture :eek:

Go to Iceland and buy some frozen nibbles - ds2 doesn't want food just crisps , but I'm doing some anyway as it may soak up the booze

Do all washing

Buy new toilet seat for new bathroom, builder fitted it and lost a part so it wobbles, plus it's too big, but he fitted it before checking :(
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,122 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Happy anniversary!

Your bank statement comment did make me smile :)

re: weight gain I think if you are building muscle you can temporarily hold onto water to protect the muscle. hopefully as it's cardio your efforts will catch up with you. I can recommend someone who has a no nonsense approach and I follow him and am learning so much about nutrition. Pop me a PM if you want any info.

Hope party planning goes well. Do you still use the log cabin for anything?
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure