First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I will trade kids. Mine are a 3 for 2!

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Can I swap my three for two? :rotfl:
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    newgirly wrote: »

Having leftover whatever veg are in the fridge pasta tonight , dh has been taking up the top of the dead lawn,we need to re turf again. It was tempting to pave the whole garden but time and money mean it won't get done against this year. Its only 6x 4 metres so does die off easily with the dog.

We have an awkward garden and I got sick of the annual re turfing game due to the patches that kept dying of, so I opted for artificial and it is the best thing we did for th garden. Kids and dog love it as 30mins after rain stopping you can kick em outside again! Definitely saved me money over the 5 years we've had it so far.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hi shangaijimmy thanks for popping in, I think we may go for that at some point in the future if we dont pave all of it.

I've bought a big chocolate fudge cake from Costco and am decorating it today , shredded wheat choc birds nest full of mini eggs and those cute tiny chicks you get from £1land :D its a big Easter roast dinner my parents tomorrow so thats our contribution along with a bottle.

I need to work out a revised plan of what we are doing financially, now we are priorortising the large business loan :( plus I may need to set up some mini challenges so it doesn't become stale not making ops.

I've just noticed its my five year anniversary this month :eek: I may have to look back at what we have paid off (its not as much as I would have liked) but is a lot more than would have been achieved without mse :money: Its gone so fast though, in another five years I will only have two years left on the mortgage :)

Edit ,it's five years since starting the diary not joining!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    Lovely weekend of food drink and family :D

Monthly budget has taken a battering, £79 in lidl and £38.50 on 12 bottles of pink cava from mr t (dd's birthday party supplies for july) £12 off voucher used plus 25% off 6 bottles or more.

I may have to credit the drinks money back to the budget later in he month as I don't think such a low budget allows for it really!

I've done some work on the new budget today, looks like if we divert everything to the big loan it could be cleared around sept 2016 then the 0% CCS cleared by dec2016 meaning we could finally start clearing the mortgage again in 2017:eek:

Its aaaages away, plus we will have 5yrs 4mths to clear over £138k _pale_ oh and the budget will have to be very tight the whole 7years. Its a bit depressing really!
  • newgirly
    Options
    Feeling a bit more positive this morning, we can do this if I put the work in. We have lived off very low budgets before ,I just need to plan ahead and prioritise well.

The only worry is the kids really , they I'll be well fed and (fairly ;) ) warm. They are pretty low maintenance for teenagers. The only definate "Needs" are:

Ds1- football season ticket currently £275 per yr ...paid for with birthday money from us and family and a bit of pocket money

Ds2- Netflix (free from my brothers account :p) pot noodles :D

Dd- cinema trips and c*sta coffee, paid for with her wages and pocket money.

Dh- cinema and cinema :rotfl:

Me- sky basic package £15 incl discount, oh and wine :o

I have just bought a one day travel insurance policy for me for one day for £1.37 through compare the market and have now got one years work of Bogof cinema
    Ticket codes for the next year. :T I may get another before the loophole is closed.

The kids actively don't want to go on our usual uk holidays any more and are happy to stay at home, dh and I are. Always very keen to go away , even more so now we work together which can be a bit stressful and we need to be husband and wife not boss and slightly stroppy worker (me!) So I will try to save a little even if it's for a night or two in a premier in in a nice town or city.

Back with more plans later :D
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    Options
    Great planning efforts. Any news on the business premises?
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hi Al, we have paid a 10% deposit to secure before auction. We have 28 days to pay the balance , we could not apply for the loan (not mortgage ) until after the deposit was paid , so its all churning through the system at the moment - it's a bit of a brown trousers time though , if we don't get the money we lose the premises and 20k :eek:

Trying not to think of the big bad stuff that could go wrong and am focusing on penny pinching at home that I can sort of control :)
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    While tight budgets are always a bit pants, congratulations on the excellent job you're doing considering the wants and needs of all the family, I'm sure it is appreciated :)
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    Options
    Praying.xxx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business