Pay off mortgage and start having fun!

Options

Comments

• newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well, I managed to restrain myself from buying a car, it has been relisted on eBay, so I will have to keep torturing myself a bit longer :o

Today, I'm blitzing the house and cooking up meals for me for next week as I'm properly on a diet this time :D m happy to eat repetitive food , so its toast or bran flakes for breakfast, butter beans in tomatoes and garlic for lunch and home made veggie curry with pitta bread for dinner next week. I do have veggie sausages if it gets to dull though.

I have to lose weight, and to start I'll just focus on food until I get in the swing of it, followed by a bit of exercise in a few weeks, I've gone from a size 12 to a fairly good size 14 in the last few years and I don't want to keep going up. I'd like to lose about two and a half stones altogether. :eek:

So today, I'm going to enjoy my last day of eating what I want , oh and I'm going to buy a bottle of wine and some crisps and try and persuade the kids to watch a movie this afternoon with me.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend :)
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Alchemilla
    Alchemilla Posts: 6,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am going to follow your example and prep food for next week. No excuses!
  • newgirly
    Options
    Good luck al, hope its going well :D

I've had an pretty unhappy week so far, working for dh is quite stressful at times ! He is very laid back and I'm not , with so much hanging on the business's success I find it hard to keep my nose out when I think staff members are taking the Micky,which is happening at the moment. I would never undermine him and say something myself ,but its driving me crazy,and we have actually argued over it this week which is unusual.

Anyway the end result is I've taken today off as I don't have much work to do. So the plan is to spend the day in the garden planting some plants I treated myself to last night from bq with some birthday money (good old mum and dad :D)

I've bought :
    Courgettes
    Cucumber
    Jalapeño chilli
    Thyme
    3x different tomatoes
    Various 4x£10 flower packs

I've bought a large tester pot of lemon wood stain to treat our wooden bench, so hopefully the weather will be good today.

Diet is going well, lost two pounds already ,although that could be from stress :rotfl: I did go for an hour and half dog walk last night with my friend.
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, currently month 19 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • newgirly
    Options
    £32.42 left from this months budget now , to last until 27th :eek: plus there's not a lot in the fridge and not enough petrol for work. I feel a failure this month !

Gardening done, lots of pots and a lemon sorbet coloured bench with a little pink heart on it :D its a very small garden and after many years of wanting bigger\better I'm starting to love it, next plan is o find a nice cheap relaxer chair with one of those padded cushions and sit outside sometimes.

Today's plans are :
    Possibly go for coffee with mum
    Do all washing\ironing
    Clean bathrooms
    Ditto: living room\conservatory
    Kitchen
    Kids bedroomsx3
    Our room (aka the penthouse :D)
    Stairs and landings
    Find a way to get rid of blood stains in the white ish coloured carpet upstairs after the great mouse massacre of a couple of weeks ago
    Buy lots of food cheaply
    Do accounts
    Try out cheap spray tan I bought from primarni last week, the sun is out and I am from essex :rotfl:
  • Luckyinlife
    Luckyinlife Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    Options
    sounds like you need a few NSD days hehe
    Seems like you have a nice day planned :]
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,468 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Alchemilla wrote: »
    I am going to follow your example and prep food for next week. No excuses!

I should also do this. I have bought all of my packed lunches for the last fortnight, something ridiculous like £50 spent :o
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hi luckyinlife great user name :D

Blimey ed that's a lot, luckily I have no temptation nearby as we are not that close to any nice food shops ;)

I underestimated the cleaning yesterday, I got the kids rooms done ,all the washing done and dried outside on my ever growing collection of airers and most of it ironed late last night. I still need to clean up downstairs as tomorrow dhs brother and family are coming over, bil got dd and their dd a ticket to the harry potter studios at Xmas , but wouldn't buy a ticket to go in himself as they are too dear. So I bought one for me and am taking them, its a place I could move in to its fantastic :D

Anyway still lots to do,including digging out my griffindor top to wear :rotfl:

I think the petrol to the studio tour will be about £10 ish , we will take a packed lunch to eat there so it should be a low official spend. I may we'll spend a bit of birthday money though at the shop, but that's not from the budget so doesn't count :p
  • newgirly
    Options
    Harry potter was great yesterday, you could get on the Hogwarts express and walk through the carriages :D

I've had a lazy nsd today, don't want to keep wishing my life away but roll on 27th when I can use the cc again.

DDS 18th birthday presents are sorted out now, we are spending more than planned (dh doesn't need to now how much more :p) some cash, plus tickets to a few things in London she would like including theatre tickets, plus a few other bits and bobs.
    I still have the boys birthdays to pay for but as it's not a special one (they will be 15) it won't cost as much each. All three kids birthdays within two weeks of each other was not great planning :o I shan't be looking forward to when they all turn 18\21 in a few years time :eek:
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed Harry Potter. We went last year, I think Hogwarts Express is new, sounds good.

The gift shop was amazing, but I managed not to be tempted. But there was some good stuff in there
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • newgirly
    Options
    Hi gg, the train is new, its really worth a second trip ;)

Officially over budget now as I ordered an ocado delivery (ooh get me !) They had a £20 off £80 plus free delivery for your first order. I went to our local wait rose for a couple of bits last week , only because aldi is so busy and they have changed the parking fees from 20p to £2.50 in town :mad:

Some is crazily dearer but the meat deals are the same is. 3x £10 mix and match etc. So I shall see if its really better quality. Does anyone else shop there ?

I'm thinking of spending a bit more on food , my kids eat like sparrows really for teenagers , however if I filled the cupboards with rubbish they would pig out. So maybe I'll try a few new things as we do get stuck in a rut.

Bqck on the 5\2 today , I have actually put on half a pound on the first week of my diet this week, not sure if the curry at the in-laws and wine played a part at the weekend.:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback