We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE Pregnancy Club 18

Options

Comments

• **confuzzled**
    **confuzzled** Posts: 4,228 Forumite
    edited 15 April 2010 at 12:59PM
    Options
    Following on from MLSLs post LINKY:)

ETA: anyone know how often the baby events are and when the next one is likely to be???? I only ask coz I'm not sure I'm 100% comfortable buying stuff this early on, but will if it means I won't miss a bargain :)

Also, are the microwave sterilisers any good? I know that q goes against the above but i do like to do my research before buying:) TIA x
    1.11.09 - debt = £45k:eek:
    [STRIKE]Car Loan = £0[/STRIKE] CCCS Total = £30,246.88 Total Debt Paid off - 32.78%
    DFD [STRIKE]Nov[/STRIKE][STRIKE]Sept[/STRIKE]Aug 2018:o Only 75 payments to go:)
  • smartie12
    smartie12 Posts: 7,658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    IT ARRIVED!!!!:j:j:j And very cute stuff!:D

It was just before we went out shopping... doorbell goes, me half naked getting changed, DH in loo, DS in PJ's in his room. Me in a panic "nooooo my pumpkin patch"!!:rotfl:I yelled for DS to get it and he got there just in time;):D

Bad news... I nearly passed out in Mothercare:o:( Was looking at the Maclaren XT (which we love now we've seen it:D) and just about got to a seat in time. It was horrible. I was at that everything going black and losing hearing stage:( DH ran and got me a mars bar which helped.

I'm now in awful pain again. It feels like I'm in labour already (but I'm not as it's nothing like contractions) I'm going to make a docs appointment if it carries on. Got myself a gym ball to sit on and try to get comfortable.

I got the ASDA leaflet in post as well... a few bits I want to get!
    BLOWINGBUBBLES:kisses2: SMARTIE12
  • xmaslolly76
    xmaslolly76 Posts: 3,974 Forumite
    Options
    Confuzzled i have used microwave steraliser with all of mine and they have been brilliant. Also if you get the right one you can use it as a cold water steraliser as well for if you go away sayina caravan or similar. I have the avent one which is good but isnt big enough to cold steralise so i also have thte tommee tippe one which is. :-)
    :jFriends are like fabric you can never have enough:j
  • **confuzzled**
    **confuzzled** Posts: 4,228 Forumite
    Options
    Confuzzled i have used microwave steraliser with all of mine and they have been brilliant. Also if you get the right one you can use it as a cold water steraliser as well for if you go away sayina caravan or similar. I have the avent one which is good but isnt big enough to cold steralise so i also have thte tommee tippe one which is. :-)
    Ooo glad you said that, was just looking at the tommee tippee one on Asdas website:) May have to get MIL to make an early purchase for bubs...will feel better if she bought it..I know, I know, totally not logical but I don't care:p:D
    1.11.09 - debt = £45k:eek:
    [STRIKE]Car Loan = £0[/STRIKE] CCCS Total = £30,246.88 Total Debt Paid off - 32.78%
    DFD [STRIKE]Nov[/STRIKE][STRIKE]Sept[/STRIKE]Aug 2018:o Only 75 payments to go:)
  • delain
    delain Posts: 7,700 Forumite
    Options
    I've always had a plug-in steam one (my microwave is teeny tiny) and always been happy with them!

I bought a tommee tippee one a few weeks ago when they were half price in Tesco.

I don't like the idea of the chemical ones _pale_
    Mum of several with a twisted sense of humour and a laundry obsession :o:o
  • ethelsmum
    ethelsmum Posts: 400 Forumite
    Options
    I've not got my pumpkin patch order yet :(. I went in to their shop yesterday though and had a quick look at their sale stuff, some nice things but not much unisex and the kids were playing up so didn't end up buying anything.
    I'm buggy hunting on-line - think we have decided on the Icandy Apple - quite expensive so emailing some stockists for the best deals :D.
  • Agutka
    Agutka Posts: 2,376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    delain wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of the chemical ones _pale_

I had to use the milton stuff in hospital and never understood why bleach is any good for my newborn (that's what it smells like).

I wonder if I'll breastfeed this time round... Ho hum.
    :wall:
  • delain
    delain Posts: 7,700 Forumite
    Options
    Agutka wrote: »
    I had to use the milton stuff in hospital and never understood why bleach is any good for my newborn (that's what it smells like).

I wonder if I'll breastfeed this time round... Ho hum.

I'm going to do it for as long as I can (lasted 3 weeks the first time before it all went away and DD1's weight nose dived) and the second time I didn't try because the idea of breastfeeding twins with a not quite 2 year old running around gave me nightmares. lol.

But we've got bottles and a sterilizer etc because realistically I may not be able to do it for long.
    Mum of several with a twisted sense of humour and a laundry obsession :o:o
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all

Had a rubbish morning, so wasnt around.

Xmas- Sorry hun, it wasnt a dig or owt. I just thought we all have days where we feel we look like poop, and sometimes the only images we have around us are all the celebs, so if more real pictures were around, it would make people feel better, and have more realistic expectations of themselves and their bodies....

Sorry I read it back and realised it didnt come across as all "YAY feminism excitement" and more just a rant, so sorry to all xx

I've got a really active baby, which i love, but OH MY GOD it is so tiring! Last night was watching belly move and I think he ended up laying across my body, I had a lop sided triangular bump....was so weird to look at.....

going to have a nosey at the asda offers now...I've already got a steriliser, its microwave and cold water.

Quick q - I've got some new TTCTN bottles, do these need to be sterilised before i use them? Or do they come in sterilised packaging?
    And how long do they stay sterile for?

I've never sterilised anything in my life - evidently! LOL
    I didnt mean to offend anyone with my post...
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • gill_81uk
    gill_81uk Posts: 2,850 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Confuzzled - I'm pretty sure this is the 4th asda baby event since I've been pg, and it's the same stuff each time so don't panic about needing to buy things yet.
    Mummy to Thomas born April 27th 2010 8lb 5oz
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family