MSE Pregnancy Club 18

Options

Comments

• elainec
    elainec Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    just picked out on a big bag of crisps but feels so good. got a bit fed up of trying to eat healthy!
    i kep getting oh to check me for stretchmarks cos i have heard they hide in hard to see places. also his eagle eyes might spot them coming through so i can attack them straight away!
    think ive been lucky so far but might be cos baby is sooooo low down! dont know whats in my bump?
    :j
  • bexta
    bexta Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    Goodness me, a brand new thread and it's 5 pages in already!

:eek: :eek: at 2011 due dates!!!

I have no idea how to get the photos from my phone onto the computer (probably a 2 year old could, but I haven't got one handy) so no pix from me. Very lovely bumps on show though ladies :T

CAFC, you're so right about there being such a false image of the whole pregnancy thing. A lot of celebs go in for the c section/ tummy tuck combo, plus they always have their own personal photographer/ airbrusher/ stylist/ makeup artist/ whatever following them around, and then they have a legion of nannies so probably aren't up to their elbows in poop either.

:heart2:Sophie May:heart2:
    2/07/2010

• xmaslolly76
    xmaslolly76 Posts: 3,974 Forumite
    Options
    Cafc dont get me wrong with my belly post i'm very proud of my bump and to be honest i dont have many body hang ups at all. I just dont fancy walking round looking like vicky pollard with my big stripy gut hanging out lol so unless someone specifically asks to see my belly which to be honest is usually only the midwife or the kids the it stays covered up but i do wear alot of things that emphasise it i love being pregnant and giving birth strangely enough.

I do agree that the mags should stop pushing the rosey cheeked airbrushed crap and start showing real moms to be but then do we really look as bad as we percieve ourselves i bet if we all had access to each others picks we would say that we look fab and not half as bad as we ourselves believe we look :-)
    :jFriends are like fabric you can never have enough:j
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I do agree that the mags should stop pushing the rosey cheeked airbrushed crap and start showing real moms to be but then do we really look as bad as we percieve ourselves i bet if we all had access to each others picks we would say that we look fab and not half as bad as we ourselves believe we look :-)

I agree...I think we only see the bits we aren't as keen on and then focus on them!
    I get some lovely comments from mums at the school and even today one mum was saying she couldn't believe how good I am looking and apart from the big belly I don't even look pregnant......I on the other hand think I look awful, I have even developed a bum shelf and I HATE it!!!

Mel xx
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • BudgetBlonde
    BudgetBlonde Posts: 263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 April 2010 at 10:02PM
    Options
    Hi all
    Nice bumps there!

Got all my results today (the other ones, I knew about being rhesus - after weekend) all fine and excellent iron levels so poo poo to all those people who say vegetarians don't get enough! Got to hear baby's heart beat at last - 144 so it was nice and strong :j:j:j
    Stupid mw couldn't get the needle in to take blood, then a second mw also ballsed up and now I have massive bruises on both arms and can hardly bend my left one.

Anyway ... we're fine!

Oh ... and I got my pumpkin patch order! One thing out of stock but OH and I are really pleased with what we got.
    Bellymonkey due 25/09/10 :j
  • SuzyWuzy_2
    SuzyWuzy_2 Posts: 659 Forumite
    Options
    I'm wondering what a bum shelf is ! ...

No piccies please ! :)
    Seen enough bums on this thread to last me a lifetime! :p
  • MichelleM
    MichelleM Posts: 382 Forumite
    Options
    I want my Pumpkin Patch too! :(:) Money out of account too though, so if theyre anything like Boots they take the money on dispatch.

Eyebrows: Mine have grown long and thick too, giving me lots of enjoyable time plucking them to perfection. :D SIL even commented on how defined theyve become. Is it just me who likes to pluck their eyebrows?!

With regards to Vitamins/supplements.. way too many abbreviations to understand what people are talking about?! And did I read about inserting something in the old thread?! :eek:

Lots to do tomorrow, decorating and cleaning our new house! Well, I think I will be spending a lot of time giving instructions... :p

Lovely bump pics! Mine is not perfectly round at all, seems to dent in the middle so I look like ive just got a jelly belly when I sit down!
    First baby born 10/06/10
    :heartpuls 6lb 10z:heartpuls
    I love my little family
  • esio_trot
    esio_trot Posts: 598 Forumite
    Options
    shiny new thread :j

I too have a stripy bump - I'm unimpressed but I'm sure I can live with it!

Just under 10 weeks to go now, and just over 6 of them at work - starting to feel like we might be getting somewhere! Though that said, I think I'm going to miss my bump and weird wriggles when it has gone - if that makes sense. Antenatal classes start next week too - I 'm getting towards the end and it's a bit scary!

On the topic of stretchmarks, been selected to trial Boo Boo Miracle Oil from Bizziebaby. Anyone else get selected for it? Hope it comes like the Bio Oil did for someone else with a supply that will last several months! Going on existing reviews, it's like Bio Oil but smells nicer :)
  • bexta
    bexta Posts: 753 Forumite
    Options
    Michelle, (exciting about new house) I haven't really noticed if my eyebrows are getting thicker or not. They're jet black, and my hair is very light brown/ mousy, so I've been attacking them religiously for donkeys or they take over my face with the whole unibrow look (sexy). There is something very satisfying about it though. :)

Budget, yowsa at MW not getting your veins, but good about your results!

Xmas, it's definately not nice when you see people with their guts out Vicki Pollard style, preggo or not. It's one thing to look nice and show off your bump, without letting it all hang out in a grim way.

:heart2:Sophie May:heart2:
    2/07/2010

• delain
    delain Posts: 7,700 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all :hello:

More sick here _pale_ one of the twins this time, in the night :rotfl: not discovered till this morning and she seems ok now so it's business as usual!

Felt baby moving again last night :j so no need to panic the doctors now!

I've got a stripy bump but it was DD1 that did the damage, I was huuuge with her and with the twins. Hopefully wont be another 10lb baby :eek:
    Mum of several with a twisted sense of humour and a laundry obsession :o:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport