Thousands will lose benefits as harsher medical approved

Options

Comments

• cit_k
    cit_k Posts: 24,812 Forumite
    Options
    So you're the only one in the know are you? That must be very gratifying!

No, anyone who has been through the process, and seen the lies and the methods first hand will be partially in the 'know'

However, without being able to analyse the software and produce a full report of its flaws, its pointless going to court, as the only evidence you will have will be against the assessor, or at best, a small section of the software.

To be able to show the software for what it is, a copy would be required, then the law could act.

However, seeing as claimaints, lawyers, doctors, lords, ladies, barons, baronnesses, and MP's are not allowed that right, its not going to happen.

The DWP wont even tell the public how much money they make in royalties from LIMA.

How can laws be set, if the tools the laws use are not available for full inspection?

How can any trial take place, if the evidence is not allowed to be cross examined, and the evidential process, the means of gathering and analysing evidence is not open to public scrutiny?

It would be like saying we know your guilty because this magic box said you are.

But not allowing anyone to know what goes on inside the magic box.

or being told you have to pay a fine, lose your job, or not get medical treatment, due to a secret process that you are not allowed to fully examine, which even the law is not allowed to examine.
    [greenhighlight]but it matters when the most senior politician in the land is happy to use language and examples that are simply not true.
    [/greenhighlight][redtitle]
    The impact of this is to stigmatise people on benefits,
    and we should be deeply worried about that
    [/redtitle](house of lords debate, talking about Cameron)
  • cit_k
    cit_k Posts: 24,812 Forumite
    Options
    meritaten wrote: »
    can I just say that I had a conversation with my GP last week about the new sick notes. he was obviously furious as on the one hand he is asked to sign the person off sick then underneath...........

Quite ironic that the DWP/government/media and supporters of the current system keep going on about the fact that patients GPS are not suitable for deciding fitness to work, and are twisted round the claimaints finger and not trustworthy etc.

Yet now, the government is asking those same GPs to tell a claimaint (and their company) what modifications to a job/workplace should be made to enable them to work whilst ill.
    [greenhighlight]but it matters when the most senior politician in the land is happy to use language and examples that are simply not true.
    [/greenhighlight][redtitle]
    The impact of this is to stigmatise people on benefits,
    and we should be deeply worried about that
    [/redtitle](house of lords debate, talking about Cameron)
  • MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    MRSTITTLEMOUSE Posts: 8,547 Forumite
    Options
    I just want to say I'm not disabled and don't claim benefits so I'm not biased but I've been following this type of thread for a while out of interest since I can't believe what the government are up to.
    My sympathies go out to anyone who is ill or disabled as they are clearly being targeted as scapegoats and treated like second class citizens.
    How easy it is to tell someone they are fit and well because they say so and no other reason.
    Ilnesses and disabilities are not textbook and everyone is different.
    What is going on is like something out of a dictatorship.
    I guess it's just so easy to target this group than any other benefit group because they simply do not have the means to fight back,especially when their own doctors and consultants are ignored.
    You can't tell an able bodied person they are not eligible for benefits as the rules are clearly set out but if they keep changing the goalposts(as is happening) in theory they can can almost obliterate sickness and disabled benefits and no one can argue if the rules are passed.
    As for the imaginary wheel chairs and using stumps ect,how desperate are the government to come up with this.
    This is happening because this is the only way the government can cut benefit expenditure without their being an outcry,no other reason.
    Can you imagine if they tried to cut benefits for children.it would cause havoc but it's ok to expect sick and disabled people to suddenly recover.
    I can see this all blowing up in the face of whatever government we get and the sooner the better.
  • vision2009
    vision2009 Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 April 2010 at 7:45AM
    Options
    I have long been of the opinion that we are ruled by an evil dictatorship in this country now. Evidence is all around us from the mass surveilence of the population to the vile welfare "reforms". Similarities with Nazi Germany are abundant. The propaganda regime has been long running and having great effect against the sick and disabled. It is good to see that many more people are begining to realise this and see the connection with what the Nazi's did. As another poster has said "give it another 10 years" if that, and you will see what this country is capable of if you don't believe it now.
  • BigMummaF
    BigMummaF Posts: 4,281 Forumite
    Options
    Thing is..if fully fit, able-bodied folk are having trouble finding employment, how on earth are those with genuine illness expected to get a job? What employer is going to agree to Fred/a Bloggs having every other Tuesday off for physio, or three afternoons for dialysis...
    And just where are all these vacancies & why are those on JSA not filling them?
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    Options
    vision2009 wrote: »
    I have long been of the opinion that we are ruled by an evil dictatorship in this country now. Evidence is all around us from the mass surveilence of the population to the vile welfare "reforms". Similarities with Nazi Germany are abundant. The propaganda regime has been long running and having great effect against the sick and disabled. It is good to see that many more people are begining to realise this and see the connection with what the Nazi's did. As another poster has said "give it another 10 years" if that, and you will see what this country is capable of if you don't believe it now.

I actually agree with you.
    Far from being a caring society we've turned into a big brother dictatorship.
    People don't even think for themselves anymore.
    I have an old friend who is german and lived the war in Nazi germany and even she see's the similarities,especially toward the sick and disabled.
  • nogginthenog
    nogginthenog Posts: 2,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can only hope that those of you who hold such ridiculous views are mentally ill; nothing else could explain or excuse this level of paranoia!

Paranoia is often dealt with by persuading and showing the anxious person,that their is nothing to fear and their fears are unfounded,
    For some reason you have a problem with that!
    Child of a Fighting Race.
  • MRSTITTLEMOUSE
    Options
    BigMummaF wrote: »
    Thing is..if fully fit, able-bodied folk are having trouble finding employment, how on earth are those with genuine illness expected to get a job? What employer is going to agree to Fred/a Bloggs having every other Tuesday off for physio, or three afternoons for dialysis...
    And just where are all these vacancies & why are those on JSA not filling them?

Exactly,it's all just an excuse to cut the benefits bill and they are targeting those less able to fight it.
  • kaya
    kaya Posts: 2,465 Forumite
    Options
    Paranoia is often dealt with by persuading and showing the anxious person,that their is nothing to fear and their fears are unfounded,
    For some reason you have a problem with that!

Paranoia can be described as a heightened sense of awareness, the older i get the more aware i become of the lies and bull that are spread by the people who hold the power via the media, we are all slaves still, its just that our masters have over the years allowed us to have home loans and wages, we all still pay the man at the end of the day through taxes, and all home loans do are ensure that we are continually in debt, if this is untrue why would the dwp, labour party etc need to be registered as companies? (companies exist to make a profit for their shareholders, they must be run for profit) we have german descendents on the throne of this country, and we are led to believe that it is a democracy(which can not exist along side a monarchy) how can we vote a government into power when the monarchy has the power to overrule them? this country is a joke, it is as corrupt as the best of them, the population dont see it as they don't want to, we all walk round blinkered
  • nogginthenog
    nogginthenog Posts: 2,649 Forumite
    Options
    Exactly,it's all just an excuse to cut the benefits bill and they are targeting those less able to fight it.

I personaly have no problem with cutting benefits providing it is done fairly and transperantly the right people are targeted and genuine claimants are protected.
    Trouble is the cost of appeals is going to be a huge burden on the tax payer.
    The appeals system wil grind to a halt nex year. no doubt about that.

Also people talk about appeals as though it is akin to buying a quarter of midget gems at the corner shop. It is a stressful thing to do if you are ill.

The people who are trying to scam the system, will gladly play the system to its full, appealing at every level.
    And then when every appeal is exahausted if they have been turned down will start to claim ESA again, and play out the whole system again.and again. Exploiting the vague 6 month rule.
    Child of a Fighting Race.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport