Thousands will lose benefits as harsher medical approved

Options

Comments

• nogginthenog
    nogginthenog Posts: 2,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    WhiteHorse wrote: »
    And let us not forget that it was actually the British government that invented concentration camps.

And the Brits had H BLOCK well before GITMO.
    Child of a Fighting Race.
  • WhiteHorse
    WhiteHorse Posts: 2,492 Forumite
    Options
    cit_k wrote:
    The UK has been running a long standing propaganda campaign against people on benefits, the sick and disabled specially.
    Yes and No.

There is an orchestrated hate campaign against the genuinely sick. They are soft targets, so you can see the thinking there.

But strangely, when it comes to groups who really should be targeted, the rhetoric never quite translates into action.

But then, perhaps the sick don't command enough votes ...
    "Never underestimate the mindless force of a government bureaucracy
    seeking to expand its power, dominion and budget"
    Jay Stanley, American Civil Liberties Union.
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    I can only hope that those of you who hold such ridiculous views are mentally ill; nothing else could explain or excuse this level of paranoia!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes and No.

There is an orchestrated hate campaign against the genuinely sick. They are soft targets, so you can see the thinking there.

But strangely, when it comes to groups who really should be targeted, the rhetoric never quite translates into action.

But then, perhaps the sick don't command enough votes ...
    It will be worse if the Tories get in. Under their regime their is no such thing as the sick or disabled:mad::mad:
  • cit_k
    cit_k Posts: 24,812 Forumite
    Options
    I usually dont repond to posts such as this but in this case I'm gonna make an exception.
    Linking the British government and it's policy to support disabled people (and it is support, a lot of western countries do not have ESA or DLA equivalents) to the nazi attrocities of the 1930's and 40's is crass, pathetic and potentially harmful.
    Many people from this country died to put an end to the nazi attrocties you mentioned above and for you state that our government is reproducing them is pretty much one of the most offensive things I have ever read.
    People like you who are prepared to twist the holocaust to support their own twisted agenda's make me sick.
    I'm leaving this thread now like I hope that most right thinking people will have done after reading your disgrace of a post.

Actually, people who twist things to their own agenda, and try to make out a post did something it did not, make me sick.

The same sort of people, who denied what was going on in the early days of the Nazis. The same sort of people who said everything is fine, dont worry, they are doing all this to help....

I never stated a direct comparison between the holocaust and the benefits system, I posted about the EARLY days, the lead up to those events, and the very early events before the holocaust (when they had the euthanasia program).

The direct comparison between nazi policy in the EARLY days and the current UK behaviour is striking.

If you dont think anything is wrong, then you must support a system that vilifies that sick and disabled in the press, encourages them to be beaten up by the public, lies to them during official procedures (benefit medicals/claims), has bent medical officials and government officials, shrouds the whole thing in secrecy and offers no legal redress or fair trial.

You only have to look at recent posts on MSE, from sterilising claimaints, to letting them die.

And you dont think the country is being brainwashed against the sick/disabled/poor?

Instead of drawing false analogies, and trying to twist things, why not sit down and compose a response which proves my comparisons invalid.

You wont be able to, as they are very valid.

It would be nice if you could though, if you could prove us wrong.
    [greenhighlight]but it matters when the most senior politician in the land is happy to use language and examples that are simply not true.
    [/greenhighlight][redtitle]
    The impact of this is to stigmatise people on benefits,
    and we should be deeply worried about that
    [/redtitle](house of lords debate, talking about Cameron)
  • cit_k
    Options
    It will be worse if the Tories get in. Under their regime their is no such thing as the sick or disabled:mad::mad:

They recognise sick and disabled people exist, they just dont recognise that any of them can be ill enough not to hold down employment. Weird things the tories.
    [greenhighlight]but it matters when the most senior politician in the land is happy to use language and examples that are simply not true.
  • cit_k
    Options
    Which begs the question ... why has the parliamentary opposition remained silent over such an explosive set of proposals?

Possibly because it was nicely timed before an election when they have other things on their mind, and it can be slipped through, and possibly because all parties have the same policy against the sick/disabled.
  • cit_k
    Options
    No sense of history.......Do you really believe the people of Germany in the early 1930s knew what was going on in their country,or which way Germany was heading.
    Atos and LIMA could well be used to decide how people live and DIE in the the future of our country unless we the people of this country have some transparency, safeguards and redress conCerning ATOS & LIMA. and their inner workings.
    People have every right to draw parallels with LIMA and Pre 1939 Germany, and we should all never forget the lesson of what happens when apathy sets in.

LIMA is so shrouded in secrecy, even the very people who set the law about its use are not allowed to investigate it properly.
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    cit_k wrote: »
    LIMA is so shrouded in secrecy, even the very people who set the law about its use are not allowed to investigate it properly.

So you're the only one in the know are you? That must be very gratifying!
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    can I just say that I had a conversation with my GP last week about the new sick notes. he was obviously furious as on the one hand he is asked to sign the person off sick then underneath...........and this is the kicker to him.........asked to say how that person could be available for work! as he said to me.... he has ten minutes to talk to the patient, he doesnt know what alternative work the patient could do in his current occupation. in my GPs opinion, he is being asked to contradict himself and say that the patient is fit for work. and he also observed......if the patient was in Intensive Care - I wonder what the government would think he was fit to work at?
    oh and for those who are disgusted at comparisons with Germany pre-war.
    what about
    invading a country merely because you dont like its leader and pretending its because they have the capability to be aggressive to you. Poland - Iraq
    vilifying sections of its community Jews - Muslims and Disabled
    Advocating Euthanasia
    the list goes on and on ................
    Good Germans bought into the lies and so do Good Brits.
    you will see it in another ten years or so just how far this Labour Government embrace Fascist politics.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure