Thousands will lose benefits as harsher medical approved

Options

Comments

• Trasthmatic
    Trasthmatic Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    cit_k wrote: »
    How do you think it started in germany.

They did not just decide to kill people one day.

They ran a long propaganda campaign against the targets, building up public hatred against them.

They then devised a points based medical test which they claimed was a fair way of helping people.

They then executed them, on the say so of doctors sitting filling in points based forms.

They put the rest in camps, and had propaganda films showing how nice the camps were, like holiday camps...

The UK has been running a long standing propaganda campaign against people on benefits, the sick and disabled specially.

The UK now has a points based system with doctors filling in points based questionaires on a computer.

They have propaganda showing how it is helping people, whilst at the same time showing propaganda about how the sick and disabled are low life fakers who cheat people out of money, and should be working.

They are not killing people yet, not directly.

Suicides will go on, but no direct deaths yet.

The last round of welfare reforms actually had some nazi style policy in them, but they were removed at the last minute, they were going to give untrained medical personal at the DWP the power to force people to undergo either drug treatment, or medical intervention (which could include surgery) - and the choice would be, starve or have whatever medical treatment the jobcentre states.

The latest ESA proposals (already accepted by the secretary for work and pensions) show that they are determined to cast hundreds of thousands more people who are sick or disabled onto JSA, where they languish, with many having their benefits sanctioned, and if the plans go ahead, it would be limited to two years, meaning they would end up homeless, starving and probably suicidal.

There is not much difference at all between early nazi behaviour, and current UK behaviour.

Who is to say things wont continue to get worse.

I usually dont repond to posts such as this but in this case I'm gonna make an exception.
    Linking the British government and it's policy to support disabled people (and it is support, a lot of western countries do not have ESA or DLA equivalents) to the nazi attrocities of the 1930's and 40's is crass, pathetic and potentially harmful.
    Many people from this country died to put an end to the nazi attrocties you mentioned above and for you state that our government is reproducing them is pretty much one of the most offensive things I have ever read.
    People like you who are prepared to twist the holocaust to support their own twisted agenda's make me sick.
    I'm leaving this thread now like I hope that most right thinking people will have done after reading your disgrace of a post.
  • septemberblues
    Options
    I usually dont repond to posts such as this but in this case I'm gonna make an exception.
    Linking the British government and it's policy to support disabled people (and it is support, a lot of western countries do not have ESA or DLA equivalents) to the nazi attrocities of the 1930's and 40's is crass, pathetic and potentially harmful.
    Many people from this country died to put an end to the nazi attrocties you mentioned above and for you state that our government is reproducing them is pretty much one of the most offensive things I have ever read.
    People like you who are prepared to twist the holocaust to support their own twisted agenda's make me sick.
    I'm leaving this thread now like I hope that most right thinking people will have done after reading your disgrace of a post.

He wasn't denigrating the Holocaust, he was comparing it to the policies that the government are or have already done, using to make it virtually impossible to be on sickness benefits, regardless of how sick you are. Also, do you realise that JSA is paid at a far lower level than IB/ESA? So that way the government get to "save" millions, and at what cost to the claimants?
    I was intruiged by cit_uk's comparison, it doesn't mean that the Holocaust and all the people who suffered under this regime are being bad-mouthed, it was a terrible, terrible thing to do to the victims. But warnings from history have a place today.

And now we have euthanasia being brought in slowly, who's to say the sick and disabled will not be the first people to face this..............................
    KEEP CALM AND keep taking the tablets :cool2:
  • Oldernotwiser
    Oldernotwiser Posts: 37,425 Forumite
    Options
    It's amazing that a country that pays very generous benefits to disabled people can be compared to Nazi Germany because it wants to check that the people who claim these benefits are eligible for them.

Some people have absolutely no sense of proportion or even of history!
  • seven-day-weekend
    Options
    It's amazing that a country that pays very generous benefits to disabled people can be compared to Nazi Germany because it wants to check that the people who claim these benefits are eligible for them.

I've just come back to the thread to reply to this, ONW, and to say that these people obviously ARE entitled to them , as they clearly have a problem with grasping reality.

I totally agree with you, how ridiculous to compare the two in any way, and how absolutely demeaning to the victims of the Holocaust to liken the atrocities they suffered to a medical that decides whether you are entitled to Benefits.:mad:
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • nogginthenog
    nogginthenog Posts: 2,649 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

No sense of history.......Do you really believe the people of Germany in the early 1930s knew what was going on in their country,or which way Germany was heading.
    Atos and LIMA could well be used to decide how people live and DIE in the the future of our country unless we the people of this country have some transparency, safeguards and redress conCerning ATOS & LIMA. and their inner workings.
    People have every right to draw parallels with LIMA and Pre 1939 Germany, and we should all never forget the lesson of what happens when apathy sets in.
    Child of a Fighting Race.
  • WhiteHorse
    WhiteHorse Posts: 2,492 Forumite
    Options
    Linking the British government and it's policy to support disabled people [...] to the nazi attrocities of the 1930's and 40's is crass, pathetic and potentially harmful ...

Actually there is only one recorded instance of complete genocide - and the British government was responsible for it.

Let's not forget either that Winston Churchill advocated the use of air dropped poison gas against the Iraqi Kurds - a crime for which Saddam Hussein was hanged.
    Your agenda is only too clear.
    "Never underestimate the mindless force of a government bureaucracy
    seeking to expand its power, dominion and budget"
    Jay Stanley, American Civil Liberties Union.
  • WhiteHorse
    Options
    Zziggi wrote:
    They were exterminating disabled people from 1933 in Dachau. Uk never objected from 1933 to 1939. Says a lot really.
    And let us not forget that it was actually the British government that invented concentration camps.
  • WhiteHorse
    Options
    No sense of history.......Do you really believe the people of Germany in the early 1930s knew what was going on in their country,or which way Germany was heading.
    As the saying has it ... those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it.
    Atos and LIMA could well be used to decide how people live and DIE in the the future of our country ...
    We are very close to it already.

Nurses are already making DNR decisions. Doctors (national press passim), have been caught making such decisions without any valid medical reason.
  • WhiteHorse
    Options
    ... how ridiculous to compare the two in any way, and how absolutely demeaning to the victims of the Holocaust to liken the atrocities they suffered to a medical that decides whether you are entitled to Benefits.
    Time to revisit Pastor Niemoller.
  • WhiteHorse
    Options
    cit_k wrote:
    Proposals that have already been submitted to, and ACCEPTED by the secretary of state.
    Which begs the question ... why has the parliamentary opposition remained silent over such an explosive set of proposals?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure