FRUGAL LIVING CHALLENGE 2010, part 2, April - June.

Comments

• Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Nuala - Keeping your sister in my thoughts.

Hugs for those who need them.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I'm still here trying to be as frugal as I can, but have had a few emotional hiccups so will update asap.Hope you're all ok:A:A
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • slowlyfading
    slowlyfading Posts: 13,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    candygirl - hope things are okay x
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    Personal Finance Blogger + YouTuber / In pursuit of FIRE
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    NualaBuala wrote: »
    Thanks a million Grandma247 - those look great!:T:T:T I would never in a million years have thought of looking for recipes for radish leaves - I knew they were safe to eat but it just didn't occur to me that there might be recipes. I think I have all the ingredients for the pesto in so that will be the first one I try!

I like radish leaf pesto - think the last time I made it was using walnuts instead of pinenuts - NICE:)

i also like radish leaves sauted up with a bit of garlic for 2-3 minutes:)
  • NualaBuala
    NualaBuala Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    Aw thanks a mill Erme - and yay for you - sounds like you're making great progress all round! :j Good luck for ECDL but try not to worry about it - I've done my share of stressing about exams and study and it just ain't worth it. You made me hungry with your talk of sausages and beans :rotfl:if you're looking for a bite to eat that doesn't have too many calories, how about beans on toast? Sounds like you have the ingredients and it's cheap and healthy.

Nuala - Keeping your sister in my thoughts.

Hugs for those who need them.
    Thank you so much :T- I really appreciate it and I'm sure she does too!

Candygirl - hope you're ok (((((HUGS)))))

Thanks for the radish leaf info Ceridwen - I love anything with garlic so will defo be giving that a try!

All good here - had a day out with my sis today. We treated ourselves to a cuppa out but then bought some cheap fruit and enjoyed it as a mini-picnic in the park - a nice frugal way of enjoying the great weather.

Guys, can you believe we're only 9 days away from being half way through the challenge?!!! Yay for us! :j

Hope everyone's ok and hugs to anyone who'd like one. :)
    Trying to spend less time on MSE so I can get more done ... it's not going great so far! :)
    Sorry if I don't reply to posts - I'm having MAJOR trouble keeping up these days!

Frugal Living Challenge 2011

Sealed Pot #671 :A DFW Nerd #1185
  • ceridwen
    ceridwen Posts: 11,547 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    NUALA

...and theres even a YouTube video-ette demonstrating the "recipe" for those radish leaves sauted with garlic

.....ooh....looks EVER so difficult...:rotfl::rotfl: - not!
  • NualaBuala
    ceridwen wrote: »
    NUALA

...and theres even a YouTube video-ette demonstrating the "recipe" for those radish leaves sauted with garlic

.....ooh....looks EVER so difficult...:rotfl::rotfl: - not!
    :rotfl:Hey, don't count on my cooking skills ... I might need it! :rotfl:
    Trying to spend less time on MSE so I can get more done ... it's not going great so far! :)
    Sorry if I don't reply to posts - I'm having MAJOR trouble keeping up these days!

• Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Guys it's official...have a chest infection...new inhaler and a load of fuss :P.....

And tired from trying to self treat with onion juice last night (about 100ml) after meds so 0 sleep till 3.30am and had to be up @ 6.30 to text Ma so she not panic and call the cops on me (and she's not fab right now either. Tennis and conservatory are more important than me :()

So that's that...not a very frugal night/am but redeemed self by getting a broom fromm PL for £1 :)...

Blessings

E
    :dance:
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
    :dance:
  • NualaBuala
    1.gif

Get well soon Erme!!! (((((((Hugs))))))) That sounds rotten. A lot of minding yourself needed now and loads of rest. Hope the new inhaler etc helps. Sending good thoughts your way.

Hope everyone else is ok. Fine here except I stayed indoors out of the gorgeous sunshine after getting a tiny bit burnt yesterday (very silly). Will pop out soon now the sun is weakening and water my veggies and maybe harvest some. Might try the radish leaf and garlic stir fry type thing tonight with a bit of frugal homegrown salad. I feel so thrilled with myself at growing something - I wonder will it wear off! :rotfl:

Have a nice evening everyone! :)

• ChinaTea
    ChinaTea Posts: 65 Forumite
    Here I am back again. A lot has happened here over the last few weeks with having the builders here for 5 weeks instead of 2 and then having no BB connection for 2 weeks. Have managed to keep to budget, not too difficult when the builders were here as I couldn't get out. I do have 3 weeks of receipts to add to my spreadsheet but sure I am either under or on target for this month.

Now the adaptions are finished I have the task of redecorating, everywhere on a budget of £150. This also has to include flooring for at least 2 rooms. The rest will have to wait and will shampoo the carpets so will be OK. The flooring in the wetroom was funded by the grant but the new huge hall isn't. I could hold a party in the hall LOL. DS came at the weekend and has laid a laminate floor in there, the cheapest option and he got a trade discount on it. I have some of the paint and with some creative sewing for blinds etc should just about be able to do it within or at least not much over budget. Have some sheets, duvet covers and the like to repurpose, ooh I love that word it sounds really good or is this just me?

Garden doing really well. Everything really taken off this year. I lost a lot to slugs and snails last year, they devoured a full box of salad leaves in 1 night. Thought I'd move everything this year to the bottom of the garden, it's all but covered in pots and bags now and not a slug or snail in sight. Should be eating new potatoes this weekend and think I'll need a seperate freezer for courgettes when they're ready. because I lost so many plants last year i got a bit carried away this year and have 6 plants that are like triffids at the moment with plenty of flowers in bud. The pumpkin needs to be repotted at the weekend, it's doing really well and has some flowers coming, p'raps should have done this before now but been so chaotic. Butternut squash which were a total disaster last year are doing really well.

Sorry for the long post, hope everyone is doing OK and enjoying the weather.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport