FRUGAL LIVING CHALLENGE 2010, part 2, April - June.

Comments

• JayneC
    JayneC Posts: 912 Forumite
    top_drawer wrote: »
    It would be lovely to go but I think it would be expensive too (especially as I dont have much of the stuff) and I don't think I could enjoy it on my own IYKWIM. I will ask around people (getting out and about more and more now) and see if maybe someone else would be interested.

Jen

No worries Jen, Just a thought...

I've been looking at tents but not really sure what makes a good tent ?? DD has a sleeping bag but have to get one for DS and me plus a camping stove - saw an eco friendly one that doesn't burn on gas so gonna check taht out. Got some pans and a picnic set (cutlery/crockery) so don't need them...

Not done any guerilla gardening yet but will keep you informed;)

Anyway off to watch Glee (teenage daughters have led me astray:D)

Take care everyone xxx
    Official DFW nerd - 282 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts'
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z member # 56
  • Blairweech
    Blairweech Posts: 1,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Nuala - Kudos to you for going vegan! I found this recipe for apple/banana muffins - they don't rise but the banana makes up for the egg in moistness. I have heard you can use veg oil instead of egg, or soy flour but don't quote me on that

Been down to OHs this week to celebrate my birthday - it was good :). Haven't written my spending down for 2 weeks and its spiralling out of control now. Going on holiday next week, so won't have much time.

Generally not feeling great - am really struggling being so far away from OH and being in my negative home environment. When I get back from holiday I am going to get down to job hunting again. Hope everyone is well :beer:
    We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment
  • Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Good news guys...haven't been on scales in 2 days :j (I think it's that). Eating still dodgy but hoping medics that are 'fish' keep praying for me so I can have a period of remission :) It was really hard not to go on after bath last night but this am I didn't even think about it :)

I wonder if I can last till Wed or longer no 'worshipping the scales'....Would be neat if I beat the 6 day barrier for these things :D

E
    :dance:
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
  • hello everyone.I'm another returner.Mollymop5 here.Not sure what's happened but after months of not being able to get on and going through many processes of asking for new password and trying to log back in with new passwords I finally gave up!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've registered with a new name and will have to start posting again to gain my stars ect, bit gutted but pleased to be back anyway.

Hope everyone's ok.Got a bit of reading to catch up with so off for a long browse :)
  • snugglebum wrote: »
    Hello, I dont know if you all remember me but i was mumzyof2. iam back now after a bit of hard time (hence why i left and lost contact). I have recently moved house and had a baby girl :) Hope everyone is well xxx

hiya
    funny how we've both found our way back this month.Mollymop5 here :) A new baby how lovely.hope you and all your littlies well.
  • NualaBuala
    NualaBuala Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    Hi everyone :wave:

Hope you're all having the same nice sunny weather that I'm enjoying here!

Welcome back Strawberryrose!

Thanks a mill Blairweech - I don't deserve an praise as I'm still omni while I use up what I've got. I think I'm going to find this hard but I feel inspired to try after listening to Collen Patrick-Goudreau who's mantra is "Don't do nothing because you can't do everything. Do something. Anything!" So I figured any effort I make is worthwhile! The recipe looks great - thanks! I used this one- they were a bit gooey and din't reise at all but taste nice all the same! I'll try that one next time! Sounds like your really deserve your holiday - hope you enjoy it and you feel better when you're back.

How's your cold/flu Erme? Well done on ignoring the scales! :T It's all progress! I can identify about the reasons for messed up sleeping pattern. I'm ok now but there was a phase where I was staying up late watching movies and stuff on TV and it just messed up my pattern completely. I don't really know how I got it sorted, I think it just settled with time (and ignoring the TV for a bit!). Hope you're getting some rest anyway.

I'm very very proud to annouce I had homegrown radishes in a salad for tea just now! :j Ths is the first time EVER that I've grown anything (apart from a wee patch in the garden where I sowed flower seeds as a child). My Mum would be so proud of me if she were still alive. So I hope this is just the beginning! I even ate the green part - I didn't want to waste anything - and they were tasty (leaves were a bit furry though). The salad leaves are nearly ready now so I will celebrate some more then.:) I so need to sort out more big pots but I've no way of getting them home at the moment.

My poor sister was made redundant - it was worse than she feared it would be and it's left her in quite a bad way so if anyone can spare prayers or good thoughts I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

Hugs to anyone who'd like them today and hope you're all having a nice evening! :)
    Trying to spend less time on MSE so I can get more done ... it's not going great so far! :)
    Sorry if I don't reply to posts - I'm having MAJOR trouble keeping up these days!

Frugal Living Challenge 2011

Sealed Pot #671 :A DFW Nerd #1185
  • NualaBuala
    NualaBuala Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    Thanks a million Grandma247 - those look great!:T:T:T I would never in a million years have thought of looking for recipes for radish leaves - I knew they were safe to eat but it just didn't occur to me that there might be recipes. I think I have all the ingredients for the pesto in so that will be the first one I try!
    Trying to spend less time on MSE so I can get more done ... it's not going great so far! :)
    Sorry if I don't reply to posts - I'm having MAJOR trouble keeping up these days!

Frugal Living Challenge 2011

Sealed Pot #671 :A DFW Nerd #1185
  • JayneC
    JayneC Posts: 912 Forumite
    Hi all,

Hope evryone's doing ok.

I may be able to come in under budget for groceries this month (YAY!!) have managed to get a rein on it and doing ok. I managed to ignore the £10 off a £50 shop vouchers I got for Sainsbugs and have used just 2 from the last 4 (I just didn't need £50 worth of stuff every week!) I have another 2 left - will see what I need next week.... May pass it onto DD as she shops there. Made Hob Nobs today, I have 8 left from 18!!! They were suppoesed to be for lunch boxes, oh well will have to do some more baking in the week (have run out of eggs - don't get supermarket eggs, get Free Range from grocers but it's not open on Sunday and I was work ingyesterday so didn't get there). Garden growing ok, we had salad leaves with tea, not got much else at mo. Slugs have eaten my radishes!! and nothing else ready yet, although my mangetout is nearly ready - had a couple of pods on today.... DGS pulled up an onion and tore down one of my broad beans - he was banished to the house for rest of the day!!!
    Anyway Spose better go to bed, work tomorrow:(

Take care everyone xx
    Official DFW nerd - 282 'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts'
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z member # 56
  • Erme
    Erme Posts: 3,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    NualaBuala wrote: »
    Hi everyone :wave:

How's your cold/flu Erme? Well done on ignoring the scales! :T It's all progress! I can identify about the reasons for messed up sleeping pattern. I'm ok now but there was a phase where I was staying up late watching movies and stuff on TV and it just messed up my pattern completely. I don't really know how I got it sorted, I think it just settled with time (and ignoring the TV for a bit!). Hope you're getting some rest anyway.

Still ignoring the scales...actually with my bedtime binges of student food (given to me by students) there isn't a lot of option....:eek:...a tin of beans and sausages has FAR too many calories - must sort at some point....Maybe a cuppa soup and a piece of bread?

New challenge this week (think the GP has been upto her tricks :rotfl:)...reduce cigs...got inhalator in mad phase last weekend off ebay...got it out yesterday... Looking at the instructions I can smoke upto 20 thin roll ups (0.5mg - 0.7mg nicotine no more..not sure and yes this is about half if not less of what I was smoking previous) and have 3-4 (max) cartridges if I use them properly... So yeah this am trying to reduce cigs so I can have more cartridges.... :)....Cold alot better. This only happened cos I was wheezing so much on Saturday that I had to catch a bus back from £land... and the bus driver was grumpy....Will be so pleased when I can get back on my bike :).

Amazingly I still have barley cup left...there's hardly any..though this am's :( was the milk being off :(:(:(. So that'll be 45p today for 1 litre cos will need it for tea :D. Black coffee is normal in this situs...black tea (for now) I draw the line at!!!

Yesterday was the first day I wasn't craving orange juice in the middle of the day/afternoon. So I took that as a good sign and managed to reduce my paracetamol (just didn't need it)...

Alas shoving moisturiser on my scab on my thigh burn was NOT my best move so it stuck to my tights. So now I just have a clean piece of cotton wax strips (from body shop a few years ago) taped to it...will change when bath and clean...I figure that's the end of me bathing every night. I will have nurse for burn on arm for at least a couple more weeks so if that don't work (thigh burn is half healed) I'll see her...

ECDL test friday :eek: Have to revise...

NualaBuala wrote: »
    I'm very very proud to annouce I had homegrown radishes in a salad for tea just now! :j Ths is the first time EVER that I've grown anything (apart from a wee patch in the garden where I sowed flower seeds as a child). My Mum would be so proud of me if she were still alive. So I hope this is just the beginning! I even ate the green part - I didn't want to waste anything - and they were tasty (leaves were a bit furry though). The salad leaves are nearly ready now so I will celebrate some more then.:) I so need to sort out more big pots but I've no way of getting them home at the moment.

Hugs to anyone who'd like them today and hope you're all having a nice evening! :)

Sorry to hear about your sister and just wanted to say well done on the radishes :T:T

E
    I believe in the power of PAD
    Come and join us on the Payment a Day thread
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts